• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"........"

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Same thing when it comes to a relationship. If they kiss you it means they're interested in you enough to think sexually of you. I explained that if they KNEW that I was in a relationship and did so anyways it would be over- as they obviously wouldn't have respect for me enough to respect that I am taken and endanger my current relationship.

Likewise if I found out my boyfriend was kissed by some girl and he didn't get pissed or at least tell her that it was wrong for her to do that, then I would certainly be pissed at him.

This is what I deeply believe:
    When someone kisses you knowing you're taken it's ALWAYS more than just a kiss; it's an incentive to try to win you over from the person you're currently with- hence.. no respect for you or especially your partner. If you're in a relationship and willing to consider breaking it off, then do it first before hurting your significant over and betraying them like that. Sort things out before cheating.. because cheating and infidelity is one of the ugliest things in the world IMO.

A kiss signifies a lot of things; love, passion, intimacy. It's never "JUST a kiss".. >_> Even if you kiss your pet it signifies that you love them, though I'm certainly not the type of person to go around just kissing everyone for the hell of it- and I am also not the type of person to throw around the word "love" so meaninglessly when it comes to people.

Those who are my friends would know this, and SHOULD at least respect my views enough to NOT kiss me when I am in a relationship. If they don't respect me then they're not my friends- simple as that.

>_> Likewise I wonder what you would do if you found out some tramp kissed your boyfriend? Would you really not care? I know I would at LEAST be concerned.

However, if they DID NOT know I was taken, yes, I would tell them that I was taken and that I had no interest pursing a relationship on the next level. Whatever follows depends on their reaction- like I said.. if they're pushy about it then I would avoid them. If they're understanding and want to be friends, I would stay friends. I would never keep anything from my boyfriend and explain the situation to him, though. >_> As some people get very vindictive and make up rumors and crap.. I would never want that to happen but my boyfriend and I understand each other on that level that we do trust each other with everything and it's better to be open with anything that happens, including the "bad" things or things that might hurt the relationship. It's better to deal with it early on than let it linger and ruin things.

My $2.

tl;dr

I'm sorry you got offended, but people are entitled to their opinions.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years

tl;dr

I'm sorry you got offended, but people are entitled to their opinions.

Not offended, just clarifying what I believe. :3 Besides, these answers are completely personal, hence the "IMO/ I believe" in my posts. Though in all due respect, you did not need to respond rudely by blatantly ignoring my response to yours and to assume I was attacking you when all I mentioned was how I would handle the situation (and express my concern about how I'd feel if it happened the other way around. Plus the added rude post comment was also unnecessary.) Simple. .o. I will not respond further on the matter here; but you are free to PM me if you want to continue the discussion. :3

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Wow this thread just shifted into a very "Other Chat" energy that is a little uncomfortable :P

To answer the question, I'd say "uh... y-you know I'm gay." I honestly wouldn't know how to proceed from there, because she does know I'm gay and if she were to try to kiss me it would be the most awkward and wtf-ish situation ever. I'd have to wonder what possessed her to do such a thing and I think there would be awkward silence for a VERY long time.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm waiting for this exact situation between my friend and I to happen >_____________________> he needs to take the hint asap.

if it did happen I would be thrilled and be like "WOW FINALLY, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, WHY DID THIS TAKE SO LONG? LETS STOP BEING LAME AND DATE NOW OKAY THANKS".

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    I'd be very shocked.
    My reaction? Probably a bunch of senseless garble.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I wouldn't be too surprised because she's supposed to do that anyway. My best friend is my wife. <.< >.>

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
    Years
    Girl best friend: I wouldn't mind it much, but I'd try keeping things as "best friends"; I prefer it like that.

Guy best friend: I would probably blush at a kiss from him since he's kind of cute, but the end result would be the same: asking to stay best friends (obviously after a few moments of an awkward silence and covering my mouth).
    I wouldn't mind it if he did it again, though. ^^

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Considering my best friends in reality are indeed of the same gender as I am...I'd first ask them "Are you coming out for me?" If they replied yes to this, I certainly wouldn't turn them down. :3

I don't have to worry about their gender though, and if it's my best friend, then all the better...I prefer people I know over some random stranger chasing me with amorous intent.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    Obviously have intercourse in the toilets.

Just a massive uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh rrrrriiiiiiiggggghhhhhttttttyyyyyoooo.

Then a pause, then I change the topic to eating utensils.
    (I'm not good to talking to women about that stuff)
    or go for another big romantic kiss, like in those movies.

Considering most of my friends are guys, my reaction would be a long stare and then get them to do some talking.

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2011
    With my best friend, it's sort of already happened.

It's a little awkward when it happens, but I told her that she was looking to me as a rebound. And she was. And she realized that. :P So we've worked out our own arrangement that works very well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2013
    "I've felt the same way for a long time, I just wasn't sure how you felt about me...."

That's what I would say.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    No best friend so not gonna happen.

If it's a boy, I scold him and run away with hard steps.
    If it's a girl, I walk away never to see her again and well say something like "i hate you"

Back