• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2x speed

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2021
    Is it wrong that I play most rom hacks in 2x speed. I do it mainly bc i think the animations are way to slow and make the game boring like for example say you get double teamed and your struggling to land a shot I've had that happen to me and I swear it took me like 15min to beat the Pokémon I was fighting like bruh so I tried playing in 2x speed and the game was much more enjoyable.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Well, let's be honest, how many players would actually finish rom hacks / fan games (especially the ones that expect you to grind, EV train, breed, swap team members, go through one cave/forest after another, etc.) if there wasn't a turbo feature?

Pokémon games aren't exactly known for valuing the player's time. It's easy to see on YT playhtoughs how many players play with the turbo most of the time, because otherwise they'd just bore themselves and their audience. I personally avoid using the turbo as much as possible, but if I have to grind or deal with whatever boring stuff I end up using it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2022
    I do it only when the hack is using the vanilla soundtrack, if there is custom tracks i don't use it because i want to hear the cool new musics. I did the original japanese Vega on a PSP without the speed, it was my best experience with a rom hack (even if it was a very hard game for its time)

Back