• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 3 on 3 BATTLES!!!!

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years
    This does seem a little over the top, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    As long as theirs no Gym Leader that has to be fought using 3-on-3 to promote the feature like there was for Double Battles in RSE, then I'll be okay with it I think. Not terribly excited, but you could say I'm the middleman in this.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    It would be nice. But, if you were to carry only about 2 Pokemon around (that's kinda rare) and engage a 3 on 3 battle, what would happen?

I know that's like the worst case scenario.

I think it's great! Can't wait to get the games!

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    It would be nice. But, if you were to carry only about 2 Pokemon around (that's kinda rare) and engage a 3 on 3 battle, what would happen?

Same thing that happens in HG/SS if you only have one pokemon on your team and encounter a double-battler. They'll say somethin along the lines of "Oh, it wouldn't be fair since you only have [number] pokemon..." And you don't battle them.

Fli

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2011
    Hmmm... Well, I'm interested in how it will work, but I'm also kinda worried about the crowdedness and things in general. So I guess I'm mixed. I loved 2 on 2 and feel like I should love 3 on 3 too, but I've never really wanted 3 on 3 except the random "what would 3 on 3 be like" thoughts. I'll be patient and wait to see what they are really like, I guess.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    I think it's going to be a bit... Stupid. You already have limited use of Earthquake / Surf, etc. in double battles, but when you bring a third member in, you basically have to rely on attacks that single out the foes or attack them all at once. If you choose to attack them all, then your attack's power would probably be reduced greatly (like how in double battles, hitting two foes at once means your attack strength is 75% of normal -- I'm expecting something along the lines of 50% or less for triples).

What it will go into then is what double battle ends up being a lot of the time -- you single out a foe and take them out ASAP using one-target moves, depending on your type advantages... Only in triple battles, you can cover every type possible since you have so many Pokemon out already, so only the fastest Pokemon can win, really.

Finally, the last thing I'm worrying about is that your party can be severely crippled by losing even one member... And in-game, if you're in a tight situation, you'll most likely lose a triple battle anyway.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I'm not very excited about the 3v3. :/ I suppose it kind of seems like a logical upgrade from double battles but it seems... tacky? Lame? Unimaginative? D:

It just doesn't sit right, for some reason. Too obvious, maybe. *shrug*

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    i facepalmed when i saw 3 on 3

pokemon has started to become a lot stupider lately, im starting to feel bad ._.

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
    My friend told me it's turning in to Final Fantasy type of Fighting but I think it's a bit overboard if you ask me.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Eh, its going to be similar to a double battle so I could care less. Just one more Pokemon to battle with.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Just found out about this feature... I'm interested to see how it plays out. It seems intriguing...but a bit 'cramped' during battle, if that's the correct term. I remember someone saying if this was introduced, it's showing half of your team right off the bat. Well, time will tell how awesome these battles are (personally, I'm a fan of 2-on-2 battles myself!) :D

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    I like the idea, honestly.
    It allows three Pokemon to be trained out once. :3

But, I'm worried about the screen. Hopefully the transparency of the health bars and more space utilization will be of use.

Back