• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 3 on 3 BATTLES!!!!

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    this idea, just sounds like a feature they made out of desperation just so it can be "new and fresh innovative gameplay".
    can you imagine how time consuming it will feel, having to select moves for each pokemon in one turn, and what if you try to heal and heal the wrong one because you thought it was something else?

Its called strategy,I know you have heard the word in the anime somewhere.

But seriously, 3v3 battles would be awesome in my opinion, because i love having to think up a strategy to win matches.Double battles were"Earthquake and Fly" for me so not much thought was put into it.This might actually be interesting on how they do moves like that.

Then, part of the strategy is having an A Team and a B Team just incase all three get wiped out.Unlike peoplewho use HM slaves or just train two pokemon, I actually go back to Victory Road and train everyone because no one should be left behind.Al your pokemon will jump into battle at some point, dont be the idiot who has a Level 27 Poliwhirl while facing Level 50 Dragonite in the Champion battle in the Elite FOur because all you thought it was good for was Hms...You will discard that sooner or later because it s not the pokemon.Its the trainer(dun dun dun!)

Also, I think they put 3v3 in the game due to Red's Final Smash on SSBB, in which all three of his pokemon came out for a final attack.Some director probably noticed this and called a meeting in GF to vote on this idea, to which, they agreed...But this is my imagination.

Now i do think that the space will be cramped, but this is why i hoped that they would screw away that platform the pokemon stand on and make a full on environment background, seems like more room would be there.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Its called strategy,I know you have heard the word in the anime somewhere.

But seriously, 3v3 battles would be awesome in my opinion, because i love having to think up a strategy to win matches.Double battles were"Earthquake and Fly" for me so not much thought was put into it.This might actually be interesting on how they do moves like that.

Then, part of the strategy is having an A Team and a B Team just incase all three get wiped out.Unlike peoplewho use HM slaves or just train two pokemon, I actually go back to Victory Road and train everyone because no one should be left behind.Al your pokemon will jump into battle at some point, dont be the idiot who has a Level 27 Poliwhirl while facing Level 50 Dragonite in the Champion battle in the Elite FOur because all you thought it was good for was Hms...You will discard that sooner or later because it s not the pokemon.Its the trainer(dun dun dun!)

Also, I think they put 3v3 in the game due to Red's Final Smash on SSBB, in which all three of his pokemon came out for a final attack.Some director probably noticed this and called a meeting in GF to vote on this idea, to which, they agreed...But this is my imagination.

Now i do think that the space will be cramped, but this is why i hoped that they would screw away that platform the pokemon stand on and make a full on environment background, seems like more room would be there.

so 3 on 3 battles will be dive, fly and earthquake?

and i don't watch the anime

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    so 3 on 3 battles will be dive, fly and earthquake?

and i don't watch the anime

If people are too lazy to strategize,then yes, though it wont work all the time and the'Flawless Victory' you thought you had will be destroyed.But what I said about that only applied too what I did in double battles.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    this idea, just sounds like a feature they made out of desperation just so it can be "new and fresh innovative gameplay".

How is it some desperate plea? It's not like they're playing it up. It's barely even been officially announced.

Jasonpower

Super Nerd
    Years
    I've always been curious about triple battles because it would be fun and super crazy. If you have 2 ghosts types and one pokemon you have uses explosion, it would wipe out the other teams pokemon and not yours. Crazy.:bandit:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'm interested in seeing how this plays out. As a fan of certain party-of-four JRPGs, having three fighters out isn't that big of a deal. XD

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Now Pokemon and Digimon DS series Battle System almost similar. With 3 monster playable in Battles. Now Pokemon Black and White driving me Crazy. I wonder what will it be look like if the 3rd Gen remake appear. Gosh!

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    Personally, I don't like the idea, I think it'll be too cluttered. Of course i'll wait and see, they could have some good ideas for it.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    one thing i do like is it will be easier to take down dangerous pokemon just get all 3 to gang up on them but surf and earthwuake not only will lose power but they will hurt 2 of my pokemon now and that will be very annoying

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Not really keen on this to be honest. I really think it'll end up looking too cluttered, and will just be too crazy with Pokemon all over the place battling each other. I'll see how it turns out, but honestly I think it's unnecessary.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    I personally think it's not needed at all. And it doesn't really appeal to me in the fullest.. but yet I'm curious of how it will work out, and I'd like to see how it will affect strategies..

I'll see when it comes out, and see if I like playing with the three or not, that's when I can really decide..
    But it doesn't matter really, as I'm probably still gonna buy the game :P

Years
    i like the idea of having blastoise, charizard, and venisaur out at the same time

Quoted for truth.

I thought this was a terrible idea at first because I kinda' hate double battles, but then I realized the reason I hate double battles is because it's tough pairing just two Pokémon that compliment each other. I think 3v3 will work way better than doubles.

It'll also play more like traditional RPG's where you have full parties to work with. This makes me think we'll see more cleric types like Blissey in the new gen.

I wonder if we'll get a Triples Battle version of Plusle and Minun...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Have those afraid of complexity never played any RPG other than Pokémon?

Truth.

I never thought 2-on-2 was complicated when RS came out, and I don't see how 3-on-3 will be much more complicated. XD

If 3-on-3 scares you away from playing pokemon, I'd advise you to stay away from other legendary RPG's like Golden Sun, the Mother series, the first few final Fantasy games, the Dragon Quest series, and stay far away from action RPGs like Chrono Trigger and most of the more recent Final Fantasy games. >_>

Years
    Have those afraid of complexity never played any RPG other than Pokémon?

I think most people think it'll be complex because Pokémon has the rock/paper/scissors aspect to it. With traditional RPG's, you basically just use your strongest attacks, heal when you have to, repeat. Pokémon has typing, resistance, double typing, then factor in the fact that some moves act differently in a 2v2 environment than they would in regular battle, and it's already complex enough without adding an extra party member to each side.

That being said, I think 3on3 will prove to be a lot better and more balanced than 2v2 and I can't freaking wait.

Back