• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Gaming V2

Years

The PokeCommunity 30 Days of Gaming
    I loved the activity in this thread when it was posted long ago, so I am bringing it back. Enjoy!​

What is the 30 Days of Gaming?
    This thread is just a little bit of fun really. Here you can post one answer per day on the days topic. It is to get you thinking, remembering and passionate about games.

The List
    Day 1 - Your First Video Game:
    Day 2 - Your favorite character
    Day 3 - A game that is underrated:
    Day 4 - Your guilty pleasure game:
    Day 5 - Game character you feel you are most like (or wish you were):
    Day 6 - Most annoying character:
    Day 7 - Favorite game couple:
    Day 8 - Best soundtrack:
    Day 9 - Saddest game scene:
    Day 10 - Best gameplay:
    Day 11 - Gaming system of choice:
    Day 12 - A game everyone should play:
    Day 13 - A game you've played more than five times:
    Day 14 - Current (or most recent) gaming wallpaper
    Day 15 - Post a screenshot from the game you're playing right now
    Day 16 - Game with the best cut scenes:
    Day 17 - Favorite antagonist:
    Day 18 - Favorite protagonist:
    Day 19 - Picture of a game setting you wish you lived in
    Day 20 - Favorite genre:
    Day 21 - Game with the best story:
    Day 22 - A game sequel which disappointed you:
    Day 23 - Game you think had the best graphics or art style:
    Day 24 - Favorite classic game:
    Day 25 - A game you plan on playing:
    Day 26 - Best voice acting:
    Day 27 - Most epic scene ever:
    Day 28 - Favorite game developer:

Day 29 - A game you thought you wouldn't like, but ended up loving:
    Day 30 - Your favorite game of all time:

• The Day it is (Day 01 and so on, NOT THE DATE PLEASE)
      [*]The question from that day.
      [*]Why you have chosen this game/character/whatever the question asks.
      [*]OPTIONAL: A video or picture from relating to that question, but please, place this in spoilers. Spoilers are done by [spoiler]INSERT VIDEO OR PICTURE HERE[/spoiler]

So, an example would be:

Day 01 - Your first video game
    Prince of Persia for the SNES: I remember this game like it was yesterday. A 2D fighting and platform jumping game. I have, obviously, never played anything like this before and it completely drew me in. It was just so fun and I was impressed by the graphics then. Blah blah blah.

What about Latecomers?
    Latecomers should post with whatever the CURRENT DAY asks of them, but they can post earlier ones as well, if they want to catch up to everyone else. If you have any concerns, check this post as I'll be crossing the days off as we do them. If it has been crossed off, don't start with it.

When does it start?
    This starts NOW! But Day Two starts on MONDAY 23RD APRIL. The reason for this is to allow everyone to see this thread and join in and not be left behind.
    The cut off times for each day are Midnight UTC+1.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me by PM or VM. I will get back to you as soon as I physically can.

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    X-Men 2: Clone Wars on the Sega Mega Drive II -
    I got this back when I was very young and I wanted a Sony Play Station at the time but my mum didn't know what that was so she just bought me the cheapest console they had at the pawn shop. I was a bit disappointed at first but I was 4 years old so I hadn't quite grasped the concept of money yet. I did enjoy playing the game though so at least it didn't go to waste.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    My first game: Super Mario Bros on the NES. I remember playing this when I was 4 or something. I completely fell in love with it and played it and played it any chance I got. I became a video game addict very young.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Day 1
    My memory is actually a bit a foggy with this one. I'm almost certain it was an NES game, but whether it was Super Mario Bros. 1 or 2 or Paper Boy is my question. I believe I played it while visiting someone's house as I never actually owned an NES, which is why I don't remember too well.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Day 1
    My first gaming experience was with the NES. My library was very small and every title I owned I had from the first day my Dad brought home the console. It didn't expand from that point. So, my first game was either Tetris (Nintendo version), Super Mario Bros. (with Duck Hunt), Blades of Steel, or Sesame Street: ABC/123. I don't remember what the very first I played was though. Given that I was two or three, probably Sesame Street XD But, to maintain my gamer cred, I'm going to claim SMB as my first game.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years
    Day 1
    The first game I owned was actually Diablo II, when I was five years old... I played it at the after school I went to and liked it, so I pestered my dad into buying it. It wasn't the first game I played, however. That honor goes to a PS2 game whose name I have long forgotten.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
    Day 1 - Your first video game

Sadly, I'm not exactly sure what my very first video game was. I've even asked my parents and they, too, don't know. As far as I'm concerted it was Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back for the PlayStation.

Years
    Day 1- your first video game

If we're going by first video game owned, then that would be Super Mario World for the SNES. I spent a good portion of my childhood on this game until Pokemon came along, and I still haven't beaten it to this day. Granted, that's partly due to it erasing its own data and then eventually refusing to save, but yeah.

Last edited:

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Day 1 - First Video Game Owned
    Kirby's Dream Land on Game Boy. The first I remember ever playing/owning, if that counts, and I still play it now and then as it is the most awesome game EVVVVVVVEEEER!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Tetris because it came bundled with our family's first video game system, an original (fat, gray) Game Boy. I used to be fairly decent at it, though if I picked it up again today I doubt I'd be nearly as good. I never really played it for more than two or three rounds at a time, it was really a "pick up and play" game before the term became popular.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Day 01 - Your First Video Game
    Geez...I don't remember. I'm going to guess that it was either Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars, or Sonic The Hedgehog 1 or 2. I do know that I played my first game at the age of 2, and since those were the games my older brother and sister played around that time, I'd say that it was probably one of the three, but I definitely don't remember.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Day 1 - Your First Video Game

Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team

I bought this game because I needed a game to play (and be ;normal; ) so I chose this one. But I love it. Looooooooovvvve it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Day 1: Your First Videogame

Mine was either Pokemon Red or Crash Bandicoot o_o different consoles so I can't differentiate mentally. They were awesome games though either way!~

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years

I don't really know what my first video game was because I wasn't allowed to have consoles or anything until I was about 8 or 9 growing up. I usually consider my first video game to be Pokemon Red since that's what I got along with a Gameboy Colour when my parents finally gave in. :P I would have played other games on Gameboys or consoles belonging to my friends in the years before that (I loved them and would play whenever I had a chance) but I don't remember any games specifically so I don't feel like they count.

I guess I also had a lot of computer games. Mostly educational stuff like Disney ABC's but I also played around with Leisure Suit Larry when I was like... 4 or 5. XD; I wasn't very good at it so I would never get to anything inappropriate and innuendo went completely over my head but I'm the only person I know in my age bracket that gets nostalgia feels from that series. :'D

北海道

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2012

I don't even remember, but if memory doesn't fail me it was a Sonic game for Genesis / Mega Drive
    I remembered how I played that like there wasn't tomorrow ...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I'm not too sure. I've played computer games when I was really little but those don't count. I'm pretty sure it was Pokemon Silver though. Or at least it's the first game I remember playing and I got it the same day I got my Gameboy Color, which was my first handheld. Little late I know, but hey. Before then I was off being an awesome kid and playing outside all day... or something.

garjora

Ambassador of the Cosmos
    Years

My first video game was Mario Kart 64 for the Nintendo 64, the memories of playing that game when I first got it when I was a kid are real good plus I still have the game to this day.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years

I can't remember if it was Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, or Jet Force Gemini on the Nintendo 64, but it was one of those games. After I got it, I couldn't stop playing it, and I eventually became addicted to playing every other N64 game I had or found.

北海道

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2012

It's hard for me to pick one because there hasn't ever been a character that grew to me, but again, I don't play videogames very much, but if I had to pick, I guess it'd be either Link or Ghirahim.
    Link's because I'm a huge Zelda fan and he is perfectly likable, while Ghirahim is so funny and "fabulous" ...
    So, I'm in doubt, but if I had to pick one, I guess it'd be Ghirahim ?

Years
    Just so you know guys, the 'day' system is as normal now, as 北海道 has shown.

This is a tough one for me. The last time I said Nathan Drake for him being just comical, cool and awesome. Now, I am not sure. I think I have to go back to James Sunderland for his role in Silent Hill 2.
    If you don't know me, then I love SH2. It is one of my favourite games because it enticed me on another level that no game has done since them.
    James Sunderland is portrayed amazingly and you really feel for him at times, so that is why he is my favourite.​

Back