• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokémon Challenge!

Years
  • Day 26: A Pokémon that is your favourite colour
    I'll choose a favorite.
    220px-Diancie_anime.png
    if she counts as mostly pink! I also love my electrifying cutie
    PCP026.png
    and it's a huge plus it's orange which is my other all-time favorite color.

Day 27: Favourite Pokémon game
    Gen V games are my #1 forever, but I also adored RSE, Crystal, and Yellow for the many memories. Hoenn as a region I loved altogether.

Day 28: Your Ultimate 6 Pokémon team
    547MS.png
    573MS.png
    587MS.png
    008MS.png
    650MS.png
    620MS.png

It was very hard to choose.. wanted to fit Meowstic, Musharna, Raichu, and some others in there somewhere but pssssh. Let me use 10 Pokémon on my team and I'll be good. :D

Day 29: Favourite Pokémon tune or song
    The first Pokémon movie had a very powerful and emotional ending song that I recommend everyone listen to. It took my breath away and still gets me teary eyed. Much better than the mix of songs the dub decided to incorporate in its place.

Background track-wise, I'd suggest giving Wrapped up in Light a listen. I have a thing for emotional songs it seems. :p

Day 30: Why do you like Pokémon?
    It's gotten me through some tough times when I felt alone as a kid, helped me learn English, and kickstarted my love for Japanese animation and video games. Plus it had so many cute and cool characters that I quickly grew attached to. I love cute animals and Pokémon has an abundance of them. No other game can keep my interest for as long. <3

Years
  • Day 29: Favourite Pokémon tune or song
    Lugia's Song from Pokemon 2000: The Power of One will always be my favorite pieces of music to come out of the Pokemon franchise. Maybe it's because I was so obsessed with the movie as a kid, but I think I could listen to that every day for the next 10 years and still enjoy it.

Some other favorites include this remix/cover of the Hoenn Legendary theme (probably my favorite Pokemon remix I've heard), and KISEKI from X/Y, which really caught me off guard the first time I heard it.

While I'm not as big a fan of the franchise as I used to be, I still love the Pokemon universe, and all of the mysteries it may hold. Being able to learn so many different things from so many different ways (games, anime, manga, etc.) really gives us a broader painting of the Pokemon world, and I find it exciting every time we get to learn a little bit more.

pkmin3033

I think a huge part of this is nostalgia...I grew up with Pokemon. It's shaped my life in so many ways and, whilst my attachment to the franchise has been tempered as I've gotten older, I still get the same little thrill when I start a brand new game for the first time. As a series, it's aged very well when compared to other childhood favourites - like poor Sonic the Hedgehog - too.

Pokemon has done a lot for me and I'm not willing to let it go yet, I guess. I don't really feel the need to either; it's something I enjoy as a franchise - mostly - and I've been with it since the beginning, through the best and worst of it, and I'm interested to see where it will go in the future.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Day 30: Why do you like Pokémon?
    I like it because I enjoyed its anime when I was a kid, and since then, Pokémon is part of my childhood that I still enjoy it even to this day, not to mention that they have many good things, like interesting characters, many species of Pokémon, enjoyment of playing the games, hearing the soundtrack and more.

Years
  • Day 30: Why do you like Pokémon? -
    Like a lot of people on this forum, nostalgia plays a big part in my love for Pokemon. I've grown up with these games and they hold so many good memories, not only that but the games themselves are so good. The ability to travel in a world, befriending creatures and creating memories with them is something special that Pokemon has been able to capture perfectly for the last 20 years. With the vast amount of Pokemon available in each game, it means that I can replay each game loads of times and have a different experience in every playthrough.

Also, every one of my friends used to play Pokemon when I was younger, it brought us all together and gave us an experience that we could share and enjoy. Unfortunately, very few of my friends play the games nowadays which is why I'm really glad to be a part of this forum, it gives all of us an opportunity to discuss and enjoy the series we love which (for me anyway) isn't something I get to do very often.

Although I don't spend several hundred hours on a save file like I used to, I'm still passionate about Pokemon and it has and always will have an important impact on my life.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Day 30 - Why do you like Pokemon?

I like Pokemon because it has been one of the constant sources of happiness for me. Its a game that no matter how many times I play, will always relax me and bring a smile to my face as I let the rest of the world slip into the background for a while. It was something I could play when I wasn't feeling so great and just wanted to hide. It is a game with some of best friends in it (even if they aren't real). It's a game and anime that has taught me many of the life lessons that I try live by. Pokemon is a series that has become part of who I am.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Goodness, how did I get so much behind? Welp... not going to leave it unfinished though.

Day 16: If you could live anywhere in the Pokémon world, where would it be?
    Ooh, that's a good question. Preferably a place that's not too crowded, so not a big city. Most starting villages do qualify for me, but I think I'm going to pick Sandgem town. Bonus points for having a beach!

Day 17: What would you like a new Pokémon to be based on?
    A bunch of rare animals we haven't seen yet, such as narwhals, peacocks, platypuses, swordfish, ...

Day 18: Favourite Gym Leader
    I quite like Flannery's personality. Her dialogues were really well-written, clearly a nervous beginner, but still determined to win. She also provides quite a good challenge in Emerald.
    Follow-ups are Blaine for his riddles and Tate/Liza for being unique with their double battle.

Day 19: Favourite Elite 4 member/Champion
    Most E4 members don't have any involvement in the plot, so none of them. Then Steven or Cynthia maybe? They're cool!

Day 20: Favourite Pokémon Professor
    I think I'm going with the classic Professor Oak here for his legendary quotes: "Wait, what was his name again?" and "Are you a boy or a girl?"

Day 21: Favourite Pokémon bad guys
    Team Rocket is the only team that came over as if it was well-organized, so it's them for me. They're just a simple straight-forward gang of Pokémon mafia, easy to grasp. For some reason I like Team Aqua and Magma as well, even while they're a bunch of idiots. Maybe it's because of that, they gave a good laugh for sure. :D

Day 22: Favourite Rival
    Blue or Barry. I like a rival that's being a jerk, it makes it feel good to wreck them completely. xD

Day 23: What Pokémon would live in your part of the world?
    *looks outside* Bunches of Pidgey along with Buneary/Bunnelby in the twilight. Nothing much really interesting, I'm afraid.

Day 24: A Pokémon you'd find useful in real-life
    Anything that can learn Fly! If it can transport me in two seconds to uni, that saves me so much time going by bus everyday!

Day 25: Favourite Pokémon from each type
    You're not actually doing this, are you? Man, that's going to be hard, but I'll try:
    Grass: Trevenant/Phantump/Cradily
    Fire: Houndoom/Litwick/Chandelure/Delphox
    Water: Starmie/Octillery
    Electric: Magnemite
    Bug: Vespiquen/Scizor
    Ice: Lapras/Articuno
    Normal: Tauros/Dodrio/Porygon/Porygon-Z
    Ground: Sandshrew!
    Steel: Magnemite
    Rock: Aerodactyl
    Fighting: Lucario
    Psychic: Starmie/Alakazam
    Dark: Houndoom
    Ghost: Litwick/Chandelure
    Poison: Crobat
    Fairy: Klefki
    Dragon: Goomy
    Flying: Dodrio/Aerodactyl

Day 26: A Pokémon that is your favourite colour
    My favorite color is yellow and so is Joltik!

Day 27: Favourite Pokémon game
    Ah, that's going to be one of the games outside of the main series, since it's lovely to see the franchise move out of the standard plot and style. I really adore the adventure and battle style of Mystery Dungeon. Red Rescue Team it is!

Day 28: Your Ultimate 6 Pokémon team
    Houndoom, Starmie, Trevenant, Aerodactyl, Magnemite, Sandshrew. Four battle-ready Pokémon and two for cuddles!

Day 29: Favourite Pokémon tune or song
    Can I vote "any" here? I simply love Pokémon music in general, there's not a single one that stands out more than the others do.

A better question would be: why not? Pokémon are lovely creatures with so much variety and RPGs are a bunch of fun. Because I've been into the franchise since a little kid, it has always been there for me, to take me away on an adventure. Much, much later, here on the forums Pokémon has grown much bigger than just a couple games, it's become part of my life. (:

Phew... I should keep track of this a bit better next time. Huge shoutout to Josh for the event! Was a bunch of fun!

Back