• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokémon Manga

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Day 20 - When did you discover the Pokémon manga? Before or after the game? The anime?

I didn't find out about the manga until last year, unfortunately, so I'd already been playing the games for the past 10 years or so.

Last edited:

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Day 21 - Where does the manga rank in your fandom compared to other ways to enjoy Pokémon - games, anime, TCG, merchandise?

Games > Manga > Anime > Everything else I don't care about.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Day 21 - Where does the manga rank in your fandom compared to other ways to enjoy Pokémon - games, anime, TCG, merchandise?

Games > Manga > Other merchandise >>>>>>>>>>>>> Anime

Years
  • Day 21 - Where does the manga rank in your fandom compared to other ways to enjoy Pokémon - games, anime, TCG, merchandise?

Games > Manga > Anime > TCG

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Game=Manga>TCG>Other Merchandise>>>>>>>Anime

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Day 22 - Do you prefer the manga series that closely follow the games, the ones that closely follow the anime, or the ones that separate themselves from the rest? Why?

All of them.

However, I prefer manga that try and do something unique the most. Those that follow the games or anime become somewhat predictable due to knowing the story.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Day 22 - Do you prefer the manga series that closely follow the games, the ones that closely follow the anime, or the ones that separate themselves from the rest? Why?

I imagine I'd hate the ones that follow the anime since, well, I hate the anime. (Obvious answer is obvious lol).

As far as game-based, since the game is usually so devoid of a real plot, I can't imagine I'd like those either if they're based off the games TOO much. However, if they're only loosely based on the games, like PokeSpe, then that's better.

I'm not sure about the others. It depends on how good they are.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013

As long as they are unique and appeal to me, I'll love them.
    Pokemon Special what I think have unique, good, fitting personality for each character is the aspect I love most.

Although I despise the anime, Electric Tale Pikachu that closely follow the anime, I love it. Mostly because the art style and some unique interesting concept that only present in that manga even now.
    About the others that try to be unique, as long as it not try to be so unique and became far too stray from how Pokemon should really 'feel' and it have appeals for me, it's good in my book.

Years
  • Day 22 - Do you prefer the manga series that closely follow the games, the ones that closely follow the anime, or the ones that separate themselves from the rest? Why?

The Games... the manga series that follow the games have a 'developed storyline' - which keeps me amused. To be honest, I think the storyline in the game is less 'dramatic(?)' than the manga story. I love how the Legendary Pokemon are involved in the villain's schemes

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Day 23 - What is your favorite scene in the manga?

Hmm...In DPA it would be the battle between Hareta and Koya.

Years
  • Day 23 - What is your favorite scene in the manga?

Oh, there's honestly so much to choose from.
    One scene that is at my mind at the moment is the one when Blue and Sabrina fight Lorelei.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    When Sakaki about to battle Red in FRLG Chapter
    And when Akagi managed to best Shirona in battle.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017

Oh, there are too many for me to pick just 1. However, I found the beginning of volume 2 to be especially hilarious, when Blue kept stealing stuff from the completely oblivious Red, and basically DRAGGING him to where Mew was.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Day 24 - What's the saddest moment in the manga?

Easily the history of Pryce. Very few scenes tugged at my heartstrings like that scene.

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013

I got nothing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017

Probably Ruby's backstory about why he and his dad were separated because he accidentally screwed up and set Rayquaza free (I'm pretty sure that's what happened). That was awful.

Years
  • Day 24 - What's the saddest moment in the manga?

In the DP Series... when the three protagonists realise that they are alone on their journey towards their designated lakes... and they all burst into tears because they've grown so used to their companions... that was quite tearful

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    The moment Sakaki have to sacrificed himself to saved his only son.

Lolipiece

Burst Warrior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2013
    Day 25 - If you could give one character a piece of information at the beginning of their appearance in their manga, what would it be?

Ahem. Attention Courtney: Watch out for tentacles. That is all.

Years
  • Day 25 - If you could give one character a piece of information at the beginning of their appearance in their manga, what would it be?

OMG Ruby and Sapphire! You guys know each other from childhood!
    Meh... I dunno

Back