• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

360 Slim?

Years
  • It seems that in the games industry, smaller is better.

Either way, I am going to stick to the original when I get one. Elite all the way.

Years
  • Well, seeing as the Red Ring of Death was mainly caused by the systems compact size, a slim wouldn't really help Microsoft position. It would probably cause a whole lot more trouble than good.

Satelity

Funny The Way It Is
    Years
  • Since I already have the 360, I wouldn't waste my money on a smaller version that probably costs more. Also, if Extric is right, I would avoid it as much as possible.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I was also going to make a point of the glorious Red Ring of Death, but someone beat me to it.

I hope Microsoft will think twice about making a "slim" version. If they do, it better be fifty times more superior than the original model in quality, durability and look.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I don't think it's probable that the 360 will see a slim version. o_o They only JUST managed to engineer a 360 that doesn't RRoD so easily (Jasper), sales are fine--they've just nixed the Pro model in favour of an Elite price cut... they honestly don't need to.

The PS3 was overpriced and ridiculously bulky in comparison to the other consoles. It needed an overhaul. The 360's doing fine and I just don't see how one would help to push sales or otherwise. If anything it would just hike up the price.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I dont plan on buying one mainly because I already have a 360, and I still wouldnt buy it if I didnt have one. Besides since the regular size 360 stores most of its data on its hard drive, where would it go on the slim? 0.o

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • A slimmer 360 might be a problem. Usually smaller hardware has a better chance of failing and can be more faulty. And we all know the 360's hardware is a piece of junk. Though, a smaller 360 would be much better for my back when I'm walking a mile everyday to my bro's house...or maybe just a smaller power box. God that thing is huge and heavy.

Back