• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Zygarde's new formes finally appear

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    maxresdefault-3-1038x576.jpg

Two of Zygarde's Formes first revealed in TV series have finally been shown in core series Pokémon games.

Check out PC's YouTube digest:

Read more!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • This has definitely been a day full of leaks, first CoroCoro reveals stuff and now this. I recall a lot of people hoping for the new Zygarde forms to be available in the main series games ever since their showcase in the anime and you have to admit the in-game footage looks awesome.

Years
  • This is very exciting news!

But it's just so random. Why Zygarde and why now? If anything, I'd have expected them to maybe show the two new Pokémon but nope... and there's nothing about this form in CoroCoro either. Maybe we're in for an announcement video from the official channel soon, at least. :)

I'm sure an English trailer coming out soon will happen, and will likely reveal the English names for Iwanko and Nekkoala. I can't see it revealing the Zygarde forms yet since they weren't shown in CoroCoro.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So you can go straight from 10% form to 100% form?

Will Zygarde be featured as part of the main story, or maybe a post-game story (a la the Delta Episode), or is all it is is that we can use Zygarde's other forms now? Still really wanna know how strong 100% form's gonna be.

It seems though that it has a new signature move (where it fires a Z shaped laser in the video). So does this mean that Zygarde does NOT get Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows as its hidden signature moves like people have long thought? Or was that the original plan and they just scrapped it? Are those moves ever going to be usuable?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Perhaps they were saving this for Sun & Moon because of how Zygarde and the alternate formes will tie into the storylines theme. If this alleged Syncro evolution is correct then Zygarde could be an important aspect of that having formes in stages. Initially I thought it would just be an anime exclusive or scrapped all together, but after seeing this footage I'm definitely thinking that Zygarde will play some sort of important role in the storyline that relates to this new Mega concept.

Years
  • It seems though that it has a new signature move (where it fires a Z shaped laser in the video). So does this mean that Zygarde does NOT get Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows as its hidden signature moves like people have long thought? Or was that the original plan and they just scrapped it? Are those moves ever going to be usuable?

There's the chance those could have been scrapped in favour of this new move. Maybe we'll get to learn more about it in coming months or if we get an official reveal on the Zygarde forms and their mechanics.

Years
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    uh, i don't know, but you missed out on the 'part1' it seems...

aren't these moves the Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows though?

Reactions: Nah
    Years
  • uh, i don't know, but you missed out on the 'part1' it seems...

aren't these moves the Thousand Waves and Thousand Arrows though?

Maybe you might actually be right, but since the text right now is in Mandarin I can't easily translate it. What I did notice was that there was no "It's super effective!" or "It's not very effective" result on Metagross there nor any text relating to that appearing, so it must mean the moves do neutral damage and when it comes to Zygarde's STABs, one is strong against Metagross and one is resisted. The moves shown don't seem to either be Dragon or Ground-type but instead a type that Metagross takes neutral damage from.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Zygarde appearing in SM supports my theory of having a 'Z episode' in the upcoming games. I'm so down for that!
    The 3-D models also look pretty sick!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The ability looks like it allows Zygarde to transform with its health. At 50% it may transform in the the form with already have in game, the one we catch in XY. And after 25% health, it will transform into the Final Form. This might also be related to the big tree on the mostly abandoned island where the mascots legends will appear.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of having too many forms but I think this takes the cake :( (because aren't there 5 forms of Zygarde already?)
    So would it be the same as the other forms of Zygarde when they have low-hp? Is it going to be a never ending loop of Zygrade? I personally hope not... But otherwise this is still pretty cool because you recover about half of your HP when in Perfect Zygarde :3

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    These games are going to be packed with stuff.

Alumens

Dreamer
    Years
  • Is that a wild battle music or the trainer battle music? I must say i was expecting something more of a serious tone on the song, idk why. It's so catchy and happy x)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    The Japanese youtube account of Pokemon now has both videos, we also get to hear the Sun & Moon battle theme.

Back