• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sun and Moon Footage of Rockruff and Komala

blue

gucci
Years
Nice to finally see some footage of these two in battle! Rockruff is particularly adorable and I'll definitely be using him on my first playthrough. ^^

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Rockruff.. my beautiful child. I want to know what his secret is, it's so interesting.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
I want Rockruff so bad... :3

Wondering about making a team composed entirely of dogs... 'cause so far it's looking like my other two dog favorites, Stoutland and Arcanine, can be caught too. 10% Zygarde also counts technically lol.

smocks

fiat lux
Years
Rockruff looks amazing!! Nekoala (already forget its English name oops) loosk great as well :)

Can't wait for SM aaaah!!

Years
Komala still sits eyes-closed in its model... definitely explains the fact its name may come from "comatose" as you likely would guess. Anyways, Arcanine and Electabuzz were seen so maybe this means they are in the Kalos regional Dex, and if Electabuzz's line is there that means Magmar's line will likely be there as well.

Anyways, I think the attack Rockruff used was Bite. Not sure what Komala used though.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Poor Rockruff up against a Arcanine and with intimidate no less that's not fair and does anybody happen to know what attack Komola used?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Oh that's cool. I keep forgetting their english names, so the more news about them, the more I remember :p
The movement in the 3d battles is really smooth. I can't wait :)

blue

gucci
Years
Spoiler:

Found this about Rockruff and it seems quite plausible. Some people seem to think Rockruff will end up having similar characteristics to Eevee?

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
Spoiler:

Found this about Rockruff and it seems quite plausible. Some people seem to think Rockruff will end up having similar characteristics to Eevee?

I actually wouldn't mind! That's quite interesting ... Although I would like to see a dragon-type eeveelution :/

About the last slot on the starters list .... Is it really going to be a 4th starter? I don't really know how I feel about it! It might be cool having one more starter to choose from ^^

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
Spoiler:

Well they're both fluffy haha.

That's really interesting though... I guess we wait and see what happens. That'd be really cool if we got another Pokemon similar to Eevee and evolved into the other types that are not covered by Eevee. If not though, I wonder if Rockruff will gain a secondary typing when it evolves. I think Komala might gain a Fighting-type, because of the animation of how it moves to attack in battle.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Wait... was that a wild Arcanine?

Lol, definitely going to have Rockruff on my team though.

smocks

fiat lux
Years
Spoiler:

It would make sense honestly if Rockruff becomes the new Eevee because Eevee's evolutions are supposed to help it adapt to environments (even though some are a stretch), I can't see Eevee adapting to those types like Steel. + If Eevee has an eeveelution for any of those types, it wouldn't fit in the current Eeveelutions. Also, XY had a chance to make an eeveelution to those following types, but they didn't. Even though there was a new type, they'd still could've of made an Eeveelution to those types or had another Eeveelution of those types, but they didn't .

I honestly would love to have another Pokémon like Eevee! If this becomes true it's great news to me ^^

Last edited:

Bay

Years
I agree the footage with the professor and Rockruff is adorable, and nice to see some battle footage of Rockruff and Komala. This is what I thought when seeing Rockruff vs. Arcanine:

Rockruff- (Cries in a cute manner)

Arcanine- Child, why you cry

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
I would think it to be exciting and buzz kill if Rockruff became a new Eevee. The whole concept of EEveelutions is still incomplete, so I hope if they are going to do something similar, it would not be a four pawed creature. If they did a bird, fish, or amphibian , that wold be a great addition.

Rockruff as a fourth starter.. doubtful, because they would not stray to that unless they are revamping a lot of the pokemon world storyline.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
Rockruff being Rock-type makes it very difficult for me to believe it will be the "next Eevee".

Eevee's Normal typing makes its many type changes easy to accept, as Normal-type is kind of a blank template. Plus, Normal doesn't really have an opposite, so changing from Normal to any other type doesn't really strain belief.
Whereas going from Rock to another type is a little less easy to swallow. Especially Rock to Flying.
(Plus, I personally want Eeveelutions for every type, so)

As for a fourth starter, well, that's actually easier to believe. At least, if it's framed in a certain way. We have, after all, had a main series game that used starters outside of the Grass-Fire-Water triangle.
Namely: Pokémon Yellow, with Pikachu and Eevee, wherein Eevee was your rival's starter.

So, I could believe Rockruff as the next Eevee and as a fourth starter in that I can see it as another rival character's starting Pokémon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It would make sense honestly if Rockruff becomes the new Eevee because Eevee's evolutions are supposed to help it adapt to environments (even though some are a stretch), I can't see Eevee adapting to those types like Steel. + If Eevee has an eeveelution for any of those types, it wouldn't fit in the current Eeveelutions. Also, XY had a chance to make an eeveelution to those following types, but they didn't. Even though there was a new type, they'd still could've of made an Eeveelution to those types or had another Eeveelution of those types, but they didn't .

I honestly would love to have another Pokémon like Eevee! If this becomes true it's great news to me ^^

It could've been to better advertise the Fairy type without another eeveelution to steal Sylveon's spotlight. A Steel eevee could be one that lives in mines and had to eat metal to survive...

Back