• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO is now out in Japan

bobandbill

one more time
Years

Japan is the first of the Asian countries to get Pokémon GO. Now join the land of the Rising Sun as they conquer Gyms and catch 151!

Read the article

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Is this the end of the Go servers for good? ;) It's cool that it's finally released in Japan and hopefully they can start thinking about more impact updates to the game now that it's out in most of the more notable areas. I can believe that they've been holding off on big bug fixes/new content until the game had been pushed to every area they're aiming for so it'll be cool to see what happens next once this is finished.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'm a little annoyed that they keep releasing it to more countries without fixing the many problems with the game, but I hope Japan has fun with it at least.
My best guess (or perhaps 'hope' is a better word) is that they're waiting for it to be fully distributed before releasing these big patches but I definitely agree with you that it's silly to be releasing the game still with so many issues going on.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I'm a little annoyed that they keep releasing it to more countries without fixing the many problems with the game, but I hope Japan has fun with it at least.
Yeah, I agree. If your product needs more polish, probably better to do that before attempting to release it in new places. From a financial perspective though, can you really blame then?

Hopefully more people joining in on the game will push for faster updates.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 18, 2016
Well I don't know about anyone else but the servers have been running smooth as butter for me throughout the release and this morning, so it would seem they had a big server upgrade recently :)

Years
Well I don't know about anyone else but the servers have been running smooth as butter for me throughout the release and this morning, so it would seem they had a big server upgrade recently :)

Servers have been fine for me, too, and I daresay I was surprised.

Very happy for Japan. Selfishly concerned about the servers. Cautiously optimistic since no problems so far...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Heh. I'm kinda surprised that with Japan's GO release, the servers haven't immediately been down. Imagine how many Japanese players are out there with the game as of this moment. x.x
Kinda wish we could get a live stream of their public streets, I can imagine the bigger cities looking like a zombie apocalypse right now with how obsessed Japan gets over these things paha.

Years
GO holds the honor of being one of the few Pokemon games to not be released in Japan first, so it was odd seeing other countries get the game first but then again, Australia and NZ sorta had priority since they had the first field tests. Anyways, nice to hear the mother country of Pokemon can now join in the phenomenon.

Back