• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO Plus release delayed until September

KJ

Focus!
Years
Maybe with the over whelming pre orders they're going to try and have more ready for release? Least this will give me extra time to try and get one once I get to England next month.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
^
Largely agreed. If they were to make versions shaped like the Team emblems, though, I could be convinced to buy an Instinct one...

Years
I figured they'd delay it since GO is still suffering issues and they likely want more time to polish GO plus so it can handle the heavy demand, as KJ speculated.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Well, the game's got enough issues. I imagine the GO Plus constantly tapping into the servers (or however it will do it) might cause a bit of issues. Wait until they've optimised everything, I guess!
This is basically my thinking - I don't think anyone wants GO Plus badly enough right now to risk even more issues popping up all over the place; they've only just about managed to fix the current ones haha.

Personally I've not actually been planning to buy GO Plus myself as it feels a little unnecessary when the game is already so smooth to play but the main draw for me would be if GO Plus ends up saving on battery life - if it does then I'd rather stop carrying around my bulky charger with me all the time and the device does seem a little useful outside of that.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Yeah, I'm not too upset by this either. It would have been a cute, little trinket to carry around while playing GO, but I don't think it would really add anything to the gameplay. Maybe if it saved some battery like previously mentioned, but overall, meh.

I'll still probably get it though.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
The GO plus just doesn't seem all that necessary for me to purchase so I'm not really interested in it. Everything I need to play the game is already built into the game, plus my Nexus 6 has probably one of the single longest lasting batteries as well as rapid charging (I can plug my phone in for about 45 minutes and it will get a full charge), so I don't really need another expensive piece of hardware to play something that I have been enjoying with a free price tag.
I also have a strong feeling that future updates to the game are going to also make the GO plus an irrelevant device. The GO plus will probably still be more efficient, but I bet with a little more effort on the players part, the device will just not be necessary to play the game at it's full potential.

Vindra

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 4, 2017
It seems kind of neat but I'm not convinced that it's necessary. If I'm still really into the game by the time it comes out and the reviews for it are good, I'll consider it...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 18, 2016
I might consider getting one; maybe I'll request one for Christmas, but I'm not chomping on the bit for one.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 5, 2016
I don't see the point of the device, unless it counts your distance travelled towards eggs then it's pretty much useless

Back