• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon GO has been updated!

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Isn't this the update that now makes Pikachu really rare? I'm sure I read about that somewhere.

Years
About time we saw something. Anything. Good deal.

Also, I've been very, very pleased with the updated spawn points, personally... just saying, it got a whole lot better playing at my apartment when Vulpix and Rhyhorns started showing up.

Years
I like the new medals and the ability to customize out trainers whenever we want. But is the removal of the footprints permanent or just until they figure out how to get it back working normally? Cause as annoying as the three step glitch was, footprints were a great way of tracking Pokemon. Also, I can't seem to transfer Pokemon, anyone else got this problem?

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
Also, I can't seem to transfer Pokemon, anyone else got this problem?

You have to press the little icon in the bottom right corner of your Pokemon's profile page, it kind of looks like a list in a circle? That should give you the option to transfer. It's also where they've moved the option to favourite your Pokemon to.

Is it just me or did they also update the Pokeball animation whilst wild Pokemon are being caught? :o

Years
I like the new medals and the ability to customize out trainers whenever we want. But is the removal of the footprints permanent or just until they figure out how to get it back working normally? Cause as annoying as the three step glitch was, footprints were a great way of tracking Pokemon. Also, I can't seem to transfer Pokemon, anyone else got this problem?

Yeah I really, really hope they aren't giving up on the tracking system because I thought it was awesome. And if they give up on it there will just be more and more people using Pokevision in the long run, which I realize has its merits in the short term but is ultimately a disappointing direction for the game to go in down the line.

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
Years
Can't seem to get this update on my phone, hmm.
The metals and the character customization is cool and all, but why remove the tracking system? Living in a rural area, it's hard to find Pokémon without the tracker. If they don't want people using Pokévision, why not patch it up before a release?
Guess I'll have to keep using Pokévision if it updates :P

Years
Since it's like 1 in the morning and I can't go out I can't seem much difference either way they did good on putting those extra messages although I read the article on the new stuff but it would have been better to have something else for update. Either way I see a glitch in which I see a gym yellow does anyone else have that glitch?:(:({XD}{XD}

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I'm liking the new update, everything seems to be running a little smoother. The customization is still a little bit lacking in my opinion, but at least I can create a matching orange outfit now... haha.

Also, when a Pokémon breaks free it now says something instead of just rudely busting out. How quaint.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Looking forward to the trainer customisation addition; when I started the game I just went with the default character because I was in a rush to get started so it'll be nice to rectify that haha. The move balancing is all really great and it'll be cool to see what the new meta is post Vaporeon gutting, but I'm a little scared of how strong Lapras might be now! Also happy about the nest changes; if I'm right then there should be a Scyther nest near me now :D

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 5, 2016
Vaporeon is still overpowered but its definately been brought down a big notch, however in a battle between Jolteon and Vaporeon with similar CP's Vaporeon still wins which is stupid.

Checkchiron

PokeArtist
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Can't seem to get this update on my phone, hmm.
The metals and the character customization is cool and all, but why remove the tracking system? Living in a rural area, it's hard to find Pokémon without the tracker. If they don't want people using Pokévision, why not patch it up before a release?
Guess I'll have to keep using Pokévision if it updates :P

I don't think they removed it. I think they just removed the footprints untill they fix the issue.

Glad I can change my avatar, maybe that's put in because they're soon gonna be selling different clothing? I can't wait to put on some Instinct attire. The current yellow clothes are kinda ugly.

Illusionss

Banned
Years
You have to press the little icon in the bottom right corner of your Pokemon's profile page, it kind of looks like a list in a circle? That should give you the option to transfer. It's also where they've moved the option to favourite your Pokemon to.

Is it just me or did they also update the Pokeball animation whilst wild Pokemon are being caught? :o

They definitely updated the look of the pokeball, looks more smooth now

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Does it fix the ball freezing, I found a 444cp Bellsprout the other day and the ball froze on the ground instead of shaking. So I had to erase the cache which in turn deletes the pokemon and ball.

I also have to delete the cache to get the day back from night, it changes to night at 7pm automatically but won't change back to day unless I delete the cache.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
This all sounds pretty good. My phone died overnight so I'm waiting for it to charge to see if I can get the update. :P

I hope they're just working on smoothing out their tracking system rather than letting go of it completely. I think it's super useful to have (when it works) as it's not super strategic to wander around mindlessly until something shows up. I like knowing which pokémon are close by.

Limey-chan

Batzu
Years
So, it doesn't seem like any nest/spawn locations near me have changed, nor have any of the PokeStops on my daily commute been removed (thankfully!), though it does seem like Pokemon are spawning more frequently around where I live since the update? Normally if I leave the game running, i'll get maybe one or two Pokemon appear every half hour or so, but I swear the last couple of days i've been getting a new Pokemon appear every 5-10 minutes?

Is this the same for anyone else, or have I just been blessed by the Niantic Gods?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 5, 2016
They need to sort out the tracker quickly, pokevision being down will upset a lot of people. If it stays down and the tracker isn't fixed then I can see a lot of people stop playing. They haven't handled the situation well either, I know they weren't happy with the extra stress pokevision put on the servers but it would have been better to be more upfront about it even if they had just said that pokevision was causing issues with servers and without that strain then they could sort out fixing the tracker and give a realistic timescale of how long that might take then that doesn't alienate too many people.

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
Years
Pokévision was overpowered in my mind, so I never used it. And I guess I did good.

If people whine about that, then they shouldn't play this game and stick with the classic games.

The footsteps were disabled because they probably needed server power to handle all the players. I don't even know if it's possible to have a server infrastructure capable of handling all the millions of players playing all around the world. It's simply too big so it wouldn't surprise me it's the reason of disabling them.
Removing them from the game is probably just to avoid confusion, too much people were asking about how footsteps work when they simply don't work. The problem isn't removing them, but removing them without any explanation. Niantic never said anything since the release in Australia / NZ and this is simply unacceptable. People used money in their game, and they're like "we don't give a fuck about you". If they had a minimum of communication, then players wouldn't be whining about this. Instead, they remove the feature and ask Pokévision to close. People just take it as a finger in their face...

About the battery saver removal for iOS devices (and some Androids too), it's simply because iDevices have screens that can't profit from energy saving by displaying black pixels. This means they was never any battery saving on iPhones and such from the start. Of course Niantic could let us lock the phone and keep the game running in background but why would they do that when they plan to make more money with Pokémon Go Plus device?

Years
I'm totally fine with them requesting Pokevision be taken down and all that as long as they're going to address the in-game tracker. Pokevision wasn't an ideal fix by a long shot. Now I just hope since they've removed the confusing "three steps" in the tracker that means they're actually planning on addressing it.

I also heard that the "three step bug" wasn't actually a bug, but something they intentionally disabled in order to free up server space.

Back