• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Updated] New GO Update implements Pokémon Appraisal

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Awesome! Time to see if my Flareon is actually bad, or if I just suck at Go!

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I guess the team leaders are now IV judges as well.

Thank goodness. Hopefully no more need to access online IV calculators every time I catch/hatch a Pokémon.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Fucking finally? I mean it's really troublesome to use IV calculators and if they want to discourage the use of external tools, then they need to introduce their own official software.

Years
  • Oh well they are actually releasing this before trading. Like I just want to know when the trading will actually come. Although this seems to be helpful but for someone like me who can't go outside for certain reasons and only has been able to battle 1 gym is not so helpful right now.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Bump! The update is now live from accounts, so check your app stores! Let me know if more info should be clarified/included about it. (I can't update rn where I am without eating my data so can't test stuff). =(

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    I wonder just how many people are naming their Pokémon inappropriate things just to hear Blanche/Spark/Candela comment on its size.
    I mean, I sure didn't do that. Because of my maturity. Which I have.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Neat little feature. Don't think I'll get much practical use out of it, but it's nice that it's there :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2016
    It helps a little bit at narrowing down the stats but I will still use poke assist, it might help for the Pokemon where poke assist gives a massive range of possible IVs

KJ

Focus!
    Years
  • I just updated and tried it out. I don't think this helps what so ever. "The HP is it's strongest feature." "Overall it has great stats"

That's it? I'll stick to my IV calculator.

VisualJae

Years
  • So yes, as I expected the team leaders are now also IV judges, similar to those found in the core series games.
    hmmm i still wish it told us the 15 15 stats.
    They do. I can only attest for Blanche since I'm on Mystic, but I'm sure they'll all have a variant of the following.

First the leader will mention the overall IV rating:

81-100%:
    "Overall, your [Pokémon nickname] is a wonder! What a breathtaking Pokémon!"

65-80%:
    "Overall, your [Pokémon nickname] has certainly caught my attention."

50-64%:
    "Overall, your [Pokémon nickname] is above average."

0-49%:
    "Overall, your [Pokémon nickname] is not likely to make much headway in battle."

The ranges I used may be off by a percent or two.

Then the leader will also call out the best stat the Pokémon has:
    "I see that its best attribute is its [stat]."

If there are multiple ones, then:
    "It is matched equally by its [stat2]."

Then if the IV is perfect (15), they'll say:
    "Its stats exceed my expectations. It's incredible!"

If the IVs are 13-14:
    "I am certainly impressed by its stats, I must say."

If the IVs are 8-12:
    "Its stats are noticeably trending to the positive."

If the IVs are 0-7:
    "Its stats are not out of the norm, in my estimation."

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2017
    The analysis is pretty lame ... not useful at all ... it would be more useful if it listed what type the attacks are most effective against and what defense is most effective ...

VisualJae

Years
  • The analysis is pretty lame ... not useful at all ... it would be more useful if it listed what type the attacks are most effective against and what defense is most effective ...
    Have you not played any Pokémon games before? Or are you completely in the dark about type effectiveness?

If so, then I suggest studying up:
    types.jpg

And then bear in mind 0x effectiveness and 4x effectiveness are not applied in Pokémon GO.

IMO having an IV judge is incredibly useful as I don't have to constantly tab out just to get an idea whether or not I should invest in a particular Pokémon. Rather than hoard 20 Eevees and check each one individually, I can literally appraise as soon as I catch and transfer out if need be.

Those who have played core series Pokémon games will find these appraisals very familiar as the IV judges in cores series games use similar comments when rating individual Pokémon IVs.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2017
    Have you not played any Pokémon games before? Or are you completely in the dark about type effectiveness?

If so, then I suggest studying up:
    types.jpg

And then bear in mind 0x effectiveness and 4x effectiveness are not applied in Pokémon GO.

IMO having an IV judge is incredibly useful as I don't have to constantly tab out just to get an idea whether or not I should invest in a particular Pokémon. Rather than hoard 20 Eevees and check each one individually, I can literally appraise as soon as I catch and transfer out if need be.

Those who have played core series Pokémon games will find these appraisals very familiar as the IV judges in cores series games use similar comments when rating individual Pokémon IVs.

Thank you, but I've played before. I was just making the comment that it would be more helpful to provide something more useful then just saying Nice Stats ...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Love this feature! Been using it in conjunction with the IV calculators to find spreads and narrow them down and found out I have a perfect IV Rapidash which the leader seemed very complementary about... It's really useful to be able to get a quick idea of how useful a Pokémon will be as soon as you catch it so that you don't have to bother holding onto it if it's bad.

TDiesels

--Pokemon Strategist--
    Years
  • Finally, they decide to let us check IV without the fear of getting ban from third party software. I like how the IV checking mechanic is like the game that you have to figure out the numbers.

Back