• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Another new Sun and Moon Trailer [Alolan Professor Oak revealed]

Sirfetch’d

This does strengthen the connection to Kanto...I am very interested in seeing exactly what else these two regions have in common.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    WOOOW idk why but that trailer AMAZED me it's so wierd, it didn't even show much O_o
    I was really impressed by the cutscenes though, the legendaries look amazing and I wanna visit the Aether place even more! Hype level has gone way up

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • it is Professor Oak if you look at the Japanese name they're the same
    Is that so?

Daaaang.... Guy isn't tanned at all he's charred. He's got nice hair though. Though why is he so dark to begin with? Is Professor Oak in this universe just... erm... well done? I know some people who would absolutely love to know how he got so dang tan.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Oak is a surname, so I wouldn't assume just yet it is one and the same. Byt those eyebrows sure are distinctive!

Updated article with a whole bunch of points. Key highlights for me:
    - Fishing is back!
    - You can ride Mudsdale.
    - Cutscenes including the likes of Wishiwashi.
    - Pokémon seen include Hypno, Miltank, Starmie and Corsola.
    - Double battles back in the main story? We see the Twin trainer class in the overworld.
    - A few other characters of probably import were shown, e.g. striking poses.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I guess he is the Extra Crispy Prof. Oak in the hot summer sun in Alola.

I love the cutscenes. And I am glad they showed off all the characters for once. Really can't wait.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Oak is a surname, so I wouldn't assume just yet it is one and the same. Byt those eyebrows sure are distinctive!

Updated article with a whole bunch of points. Key highlights for me:
    - Fishing is back!
    - You can ride Mudsdale.
    - Cutscenes including the likes of Wishiwashi.
    - Pokémon seen include Hypno, Miltank, Starmie and Corsola.
    - Double battles back in the main story? We see the Twin trainer class in the overworld.
    - A few other characters of probably import were shown, e.g. striking poses.

They wouldn't use a professors name for someone else though, let alone a copy of him. Joe Merrick says it's him discussing the Alolan forms to the player. Perhaps the first introduction, or something new. Also it's worth noting the Riddler asked how many professors were in the game. Which probably relates to this.

And this trailer was great! Really well done and shows a lot off! Most hyped I've been for a game.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Looks like it's confirmed that Z-Moves can be accessed on the left side when you choose a move in the battle, if your Pokémon is holding the Z-Crystal.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Liking the trainer customization too! We haven't seen much except the hair colors. this will be fun.

Years
  • Oak got tanned? Damn.

I am loving that brief scene showing more hairstyles on the protagonists, especially those wild pigtails on the far right. Pokemon are now having more detailed models in the overworld as well, which shows Game Freak really did work themselves out a lot when it came to the 3DS capabilities.

Years
  • Interesting to note that near-white hair seems to be an option now. Customization definitely expanded for sure, and that means I can (hopefully) get my trainer's hair to be more closer to mine because in X/Y the brown hair option was too dark to match me.

Years
  • It appears the Oak in Alola is actually Professor Oak's cousin, and he studies Alola Forms. I was hoping to see someone who studied them, but not expected to be a relative of a previous-gen character.

raxic_ex

I'm Buizel of the Expedition Society!
    Years
  • Hooray for the character customization variety! Back in XY I usually play as female because the hairstyle for male is just ughhh... But this! I originally plan to play as female again but I might have to change my mind because some hairstyle showcase is really nice ^^

Looks like at first we all just assume that's Prof Samuel Oak and thought that he tanned HARD, but looks like we're wrong~ I wonder if Samuel Oak will appear in this game though, seems already unlikely with his cousin

Back