• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Mimikyu song!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • aww that song is adorable! ^_^

I didn't think much of Mimikiyu before but I might have to use it on my team just because of this haha.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I was going to use Mimikyu on my team anyway. I legitimately think it's one of my favourite Pokemon of the generation. It's just so cool and unique! Then again Pumpkaboo was my favourite last generation too, so ghost runs in the family here!

Use it tho guys, Pikachu is overrated, Mimikyu has the coolest name and the coolest look. IT IS THE COOLEST GUYS.

Although Ryan was like wtf are you listening to lol

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Mimikyu was one of the pokemon I have high expectations for, alongside of Bruxish. I was pretty much planning to use it when it was first revealed (same with Bruxish), ignoring its natural adorable factor, I am super excited for its natural free substitute that it enters the battlefield with.
    I think Mimikyu is going to be an amazingly strategic pokemon since it has to be double tapped in order to KO it.
    It's like it has a better version of "Sturdy". I also feel like people are going to quickly grow to dislike Mimikyu because of it's slightly better form of Sturdy, requiring people who encounter it in the wild to always be forced to use 2PP to KO it.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It is rare that I use standalone pokemon.... but because of this song, I think I am gonna have to use for one of the extra team members that I always have.

Years
  • The best part about that video is Mimikyu cry. It has it's own english cry just like Pikachu. It's faint but you can hear it say it's own name. <3

Raichael

The Weeaboo Wazzock
    Years
  • Mimikyu might just be my favourite Gen 7 Pokemon. The cute little rap is so sad...I want to be friends with you, little Mimikyu. ;_;
    I'd love to know what's under the cloth though; it'd just be so sweet to be able to see its true colours, even if I get cursed.

Last edited:

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Video was great, Mimikyu was already on my list of pokemon that'll probably take a slot on my team, but I like the video.

I still wish we got to see what Mimikyu actually is / looks like without the dead pikachu costume

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Was Mimikyu's cry also trying to imitate Pikachu's cry? And I see it too can learn Thunderbolt; not only does it fit its theme, it also provides additional coverage.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • POOR MIMIKYU ;-; I fell in love with this Pokémon when I heard about its desire to be loved just like Pikachu is. I was going to have one on my team anyway, so this video just strengthened my opinion.

Back