• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Espeon and Umbreon evolution methods revealed in Pokémon GO

Years
  • Note that this only works for the first Eevee nicknamed this – otherwise the evolution remains random.

My experience says otherwise. I'd say that it's not as simple as saying the evolution remains simply random.

I evolved 13 Eevees and these are the results I got:

1. Flareon
    2. Flareon
    3. Jolteon
    4. Jolteon
    5. Flareon
    6. Flareon
    7. Vaporeon
    8. Flareon
    9. Vaporeon
    10. Vaporeon
    11. Vaporeon
    12. Vaporeon
    13. Jolteon

If we assume that each Eeveelution up to this point (Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon) has an equal chance of coming up when you evolve Eevee then there should be a 40% (2 out of 5) chance that my Eevee evolves into Espeon or Umbreon. Unless I've done my math wrong there is over a 99.99% chance that at least one of those 13 attempts should have come up with Espeon or Umbreon. There has got to be some other factor at work: time of day, location, whatever. That, of the chance of getting an Espeon or Umbreon is less than the odds of getting a Flareon, Jolteon, or Vaporeon.

For clarification, I do have the latest update and have already caught several Johto Pokemon as well as evolved a Crobat so I know my game has Johto Pokemon available.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • My experience says otherwise. I'd say that it's not as simple as saying the evolution remains simply random.

1. Flareon
    2. Flareon
    3. Jolteon
    4. Jolteon
    5. Flareon
    6. Flareon
    7. Vaporeon
    8. Flareon
    9. Vaporeon
    10. Vaporeon
    11. Vaporeon
    12. Vaporeon
    13. Jolteon

If we assume that each Eeveelution up to this point (Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, Umbreon) has an equal chance of coming up when you evolve Eevee then there should be a 40% (2 out of 5) chance that my Eevee evolves into Espeon or Umbreon. Unless I've done my math wrong there is over a 99.99% chance that at least one of those 13 attempts should have come up with Espeon or Umbreon. There has got to be some other factor at work: time of day, location, whatever. That, of the chance of getting an Espeon or Umbreon is less than the odds of getting a Flareon, Jolteon, or Vaporeon.

For clarification, I do have the latest update and have already caught several Johto Pokemon as well as evolved a Crobat so I know my game has Johto Pokemon available.
    Curious! We probably need more numbers to properly get a handle on that then (and when someone does get them, notes about time of day or etc).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I've been getting mostly Jolteons in the process despite the moveset is concerned...that was until I found out about the name trick and I ran out of Eevees to evolve. fml.

I do feel the whole thing is just random lmao

Years
  • My experience says otherwise. I'd say that it's not as simple as saying the evolution remains simply random.

1. Flareon
    2. Flareon
    3. Jolteon
    4. Jolteon
    5. Flareon
    6. Flareon
    7. Vaporeon
    8. Flareon
    9. Vaporeon
    10. Vaporeon
    11. Vaporeon
    12. Vaporeon
    13. Jolteon

Is it impossible to get a 2nd Espeon/Umbreon? i have evolved over 30 eevees trying to get a 2nd one of these... and my results look just like your list except expand it to cover over 30. Good think i stocked up on eevee candy before Gen2. Still have over 5k

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    This has yet to be confirmed, but i heared in a chat that you use eevee as your buddy pokemon for 10km.

Then evolve that one, the buddy pokemon, after 10km. Evolve it during the day for espeon and during the night for umbreon. My friends say it is confirmed.

This would also explain your spectacular failures. I will do the name thing, and then either try the 10km buddy method or wait for confirmation.

Back