• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Mewtwonite X and Y Distribution now Live!

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
The serial code for two new Mega Stones in Gen 7 is here!

GET THE CODE!

To answer my own questions: I like MMX better, I probably won't use those Mega stones much, and if/when I do I will be using my Heartgold mewtwo. Now the Mawilite on the other hand...

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
So instead of giving us Gardevoirite or the Hoenn starters stones we get more Gen 1 pandering with two stones for an already very powerful Pokemon who is not usable in the Battle Tree.

I may pick these up eventually but I am very disappointed it is not Gardevoirite and Galladeite instead.

Incidentally once the Mawilite/Beedrillite tournament is out of the way the only Gen 1 unavailable Mega Stone will be Pidgeotite.

Guess I'm just going to have to hope that Gardevoirite or the Hoenn starters is in the next online tournament whenever that is. Holding the Mega Stones back in a misguided attempt to drum up interest in tournaments hardly anyone cares about is the dumbest move Game Freak have done this Gen.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Well that came out of nowhere. Good thing I already beat Fates Birthright the day before, so I could get these Mega Stones. Now I just need to work my way in the Battle Tree to get the Kanto starters' Mega Stones.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
So instead of giving us Gardevoirite or the Hoenn starters stones we get more Gen 1 pandering with two stones for an already very powerful Pokemon who is not usable in the Battle Tree.

I may pick these up eventually but I am very disappointed it is not Gardevoirite and Galladeite instead.

Incidentally once the Mawilite/Beedrillite tournament is out of the way the only Gen 1 unavailable Mega Stone will be Pidgeotite.

Guess I'm just going to have to hope that Gardevoirite or the Hoenn starters is in the next online tournament whenever that is. Holding the Mega Stones back in a misguided attempt to drum up interest in tournaments hardly anyone cares about is the dumbest move Game Freak have done this Gen.

ding ding ding! You guessed right! Pidgeotite IS the next mega stone to release! Pidgeot and Steelix will be the next to get megas, from the kanto x alola regional rumble.

I disagree with the "dumbest move" bit. The tournaments desperately needed some popularity, and this is a decent way to get it. I kinda wish they were also available in-game tho.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
ding ding ding! You guessed right! Pidgeotite IS the next mega stone to release! Pidgeot and Steelix will be the next to get megas, from the kanto x alola regional rumble.

I disagree with the "dumbest move" bit. The tournaments desperately needed some popularity, and this is a decent way to get it. I kinda wish they were also available in-game tho.

So still no Gardevoirite then? Why do I have a feeling Gardevoirite will be left to right to the end. As fun as it is to use Blastoise as my Mega it's not the same as being able to use my chosen Mega. It's frustrating that I can't build teams as my two go-to Megas are event only and who knows when they will become available.

I still maintain it is a ridiculously dumb move. People will enter to solely get the Mega Stone and won't care about the Tournament itself. More to the point they will be annoyed that they can't use their favourite Mega for no good reason until some undetermined time. To put it another way a hacker can use Gardevoirite in Gen 7 yet me and other non hackers can't how is that fair?

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
I still maintain it is a ridiculously dumb move. People will enter to solely get the Mega Stone and won't care about the Tournament itself. More to the point they will be annoyed that they can't use their favourite Mega for no good reason until some undetermined time. To put it another way a hacker can use Gardevoirite in Gen 7 yet me and other non hackers can't how is that fair?

Did I say it was fair? I didn't mean to in any case, I want MGarde as much as the next guy. I just said that I don't totally disagree with the decision from Nintendo's standpoint. Plus, said hackers, if they are stupid enough to bring their games online after hacking, have been threatened with the banhammer.

Based on what we have so far, I assume they are looking at viability, or lack thereof, to decide what mega stones to release. This would almost certainly result in Gardy and Gallade, who are passably good w/o their megas, getting their stones close to the end. Tbh we will likely be able to pinpoint almost the exact release order after the next announcement. If the next pair is Lopunny and Medicham, for example, we can assume they are going with viability. However, if the next release is Ampharos, they are probably going generally in Pokedex order (don't ask me how Mawile fits into this).

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Did I say it was fair? I didn't mean to in any case, I want MGarde as much as the next guy. I just said that I don't totally disagree with the decision from Nintendo's standpoint. Plus, said hackers, if they are stupid enough to bring their games online after hacking, have been threatened with the banhammer.

Based on what we have so far, I assume they are looking at viability, or lack thereof, to decide what mega stones to release. This would almost certainly result in Gardy and Gallade, who are passably good w/o their megas, getting their stones close to the end. Tbh we will likely be able to pinpoint almost the exact release order after the next announcement. If the next pair is Lopunny and Medicham, for example, we can assume they are going with viability. However, if the next release is Ampharos, they are probably going generally in Pokedex order (don't ask me how Mawile fits into this).

I am guessing Mawile getting his stone early is due to Mawile being pretty bad without his Mega. If it is viability they are going by then I can imagine them releasing Lopunny early with Tyranitar right at the end. Gardevoir and Gallade are indeed somewhat usable in the battle tree.

I imagine the Hoenn starters will be Mystery Gift at some point. Hopefully soon as whilst Blaziken is usable without his Mega Swampert and my favourite starter Sceptile not so much.

Years
And I just moved my Mewtwo over from AS too. Nice timing, going to finally nab this right now since I have free time! Now I need to collect every other obtainable mega stone..

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
I am guessing Mawile getting his stone early is due to Mawile being pretty bad without his Mega. If it is viability they are going by then I can imagine them releasing Lopunny early with Tyranitar right at the end. Gardevoir and Gallade are indeed somewhat usable in the battle tree.

I imagine the Hoenn starters will be Mystery Gift at some point. Hopefully soon as whilst Blaziken is usable without his Mega Swampert and my favourite starter Sceptile not so much.
Pretty bad is an understatement...

But alas, I'm not picky. I've only ever used 3 Megas competitively (Garde, Altaria, Mawile), so getting one of them at last on Tuesday is a nice relief. Plus, did I mention MMaw is adorable as hell?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Pretty bad is an understatement...

But alas, I'm not picky. I've only ever used 3 Megas competitively (Garde, Altaria, Mawile), so getting one of them at last on Tuesday is a nice relief. Plus, did I mention MMaw is adorable as hell?

Mawile is a very cute Pokemon and it getting a Mega is welcome. Mega Mawile is also adorable especially if female. Mega Altaria is adorable too.

I managed to luck into finding a Shiny Timid Wartortle in the Friend Safari which Bottle caps have helped fix his not great IVs. He is a lot of fun to use in Battle Tree and can take a hit too. :) Blastoise is my favourite water starter and is my go to Mega until Mega Gardevoir arrives.

I got the Mewtwoites today and as much as I like Mewtwo using a Mega Legendary feels like cheating to me.

Back