• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Niantic Offers Refunds and $100 in Pokécoins after GO Fest Complications

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Niantic offer a small amount of compensation, after travellers from all over stumble into complications during the GO Fest.
    'Small amount'... hmpff!! I'm salty over this, I was going to go but decided against it last minute. $100 of PokéCoins is huuuuge and a free Lugia! Very jealous of anyone who went. I imagine it was disappointing whilst you were there but still!

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    lol I dunno what we should have expected

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Now that's what I call epic fail. There were server issues when the game was launched but looks like Niantic learnt nothing from them.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Now that's what I call epic fail. There were server issues when the game was launched but looks like Niantic learnt nothing from them.
    This is a disappointingly good point lol. How on earth have they not learned by now that they need to compensate for huge server strain? Even around regular raid battles the game gets stupidly laggy, what made them think this was going to be any different?

Years
  • This unfortunate circumstance shows that Niantic really need to care about the server strain since the game was often plagued with issues like that. At least they did apologise and refund those who were let down.

Back