• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Generation 2 Shiny Guide

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
with the shiny ditto when i get it back into my gold is it still 1/64 rate of breeding a shiny if i put it in with another pokmeon to breed?

or is every pokemon it breeds with shiny?

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
Please don't post twice in a row :) Use the edit button!

cool and that ditto can breed with any of the 250?

and if a pokemon like a pidgey is shiny is the rest of the evolutions shiny too?

Last edited by a moderator:

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
Years

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
omg this Ditto trick is first on my list. shiny hunting here i come!!!!!!!

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
Ditto trick! I've never actually done it, but hey, fresh start with VC releases. This kind of thing makes me glad I have that extra 3DS with older games on it. Time to farm Shinies with that sweet, sweet 1 in 64 percent chance.~

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I should try this. I heard about it years ago, but never gave it a shot on my original games.

Breeding will unfortunately be slow in these games without the Dodrio Tower in Stadium 2, but I'd still like to do more of it than I did when I was younger. My tolerance for using the Bike Simulator has increased over the years, so I can probably put up with biking back and forth for much longer than I could when I first played Gold.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I was kind of looking forward to shiny hunting in this game and transferring them up since masuda is much easier in this game, but you can't transfer the Pokemon to gen 6 games so there's no point. I'm gonna have to breed with the 4,096 odds.... Ugh no sense to be honest.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I did the shiny Ditto glitch with the help of my boyfriend. I'm just waiting for him to clone it and trade it to me. Since shiny breeding in this game has the highest possible chance of getting shinies, I might as well get nearly all the Gen 1 and 2 Pokemon for my shiny living dex in this game.

On a related note, I found my first full odds shiny on Gold the other day. It was a Growlithe, but I failed to catch it because it used Roar. :(

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
You still need a second system to trade between both games right? Such a bummer. ;(

Back