• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen 3rd Gen Underrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimaSilva

Varsity Quarterback
Years
  • I play FR/LG more than any other pokemon game. It's my favorite generation and I don't see why people don't give it more acknowledgment. They do need to make remakes of R/S/E cause B/W just didn't make the cut for me. In my opinion B/W was horrible.

Windie

oh okay.
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind a remake of RSE. It needs more attention. It had some of the most unique places in any Pokemon game.

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
    Years
  • The only reason why I didn't like the Advance games were because they were so SLOW! Plus, at first, it didn't include the upgrades G/S/C had. Day/ Night system and moving sprites. Emerald fixed the moving sprites, but it didn't include the Day/ Night system.

Anyways, as for remakes, yeah, I would like some remakes that fixed the problems R/S/E had. The region, Pokemon, and people though? Don't touch them. I loved Hoenn.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    i loved gen 3, dunno why people hate it though. It revolutionized pokemon in my opinion

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
  • I was actually one of those people who actively hated Gen 4 in favor of Gen 3. I did stop hating it a year ago though because I was so impressed by HGSS. I could pop in my LeafGreen and play it for an hour before turning it off. Now I'm really mad because I can't find it. :(

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • I loved gen 3. Hoenn was designed very well, the Pokemon were still original and at a reasonable number; you could actually complete the national Pokedex back then.

I can't wait for the Gen 3 remakes. All the signs are showing, such as:

-It's 2 generations later. FR/LG was 2 gens after R/B/G/Y and HG/SS was 2 gens after G/S/C

-It is the next original (non-remake) game in line for a remake, first and second generation games already have remakes

Xperious

Ty Will kill you!
    Years
  • I actually liked the third gen. It was where all the berry types got started... Pokemon natures too.

PokémonFantasyGirl

Hoennshipper ♥
    Years
  • I loved Gen III and Ii think it was the second best gen only behind Gen V.

But I do see why quite a bit of people hate it, it was before the newer games (Gens IV/V) and the older games (Gens I/II) so it was stuck in the middle as the odd one.

But they where still extremely good games and also they where the first to have many things that made the new games so good and still had the things that made the old ones good too. But one of the big reasons why people hate it and it did not sell quite as well as the other Pokemon games was the fact that they where released when Pokemon's popularity was at a low and also that people could not trade Pokemon from Gen II games to it.

So over all I think they are very underrated.

I agree with this. Generation 3 changed the way we played Pokemon. It definitely had some of the best music and it introduced double battles! :D

Yes, I think it was underrated but now with the speculation of Ruby/Sapphire remakes, it's gotten quite popular again.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I was a fan from the beggining. I first got it 3 years ago because my friend because I gave him something (can't remember). I played it to death. The sticker is scraping off due to me carrying it everywhere. It's either plunked into my DS or GBA. But I think it's feeling left out because my Ruby is taking all the glory....
    lolwut? You were 2 when the games came out. Maybe 3.

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    Yes, it is highly underrated. ;_;
    Many people I know think it is the worst generation ever, but since it is my favourite I can't do anything but hope for the remakes.
    AND I hope if there will ever be a remake of the third, it will be good. It has to be good! ;__;

Years
  • The third generation isn't underrated, it's easily the worst generation. Don't get me wrong, I love every generation, the Pokemon games on GBA were the best games on the system. That being said they simply doesn't match up to the other generations.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I think it is underrated also, people never speak of those games anymore, I liked Hoenn and I am anticipating a remake, I don't see how this is the worst generation for some people, I can't even think of which generation of Pokemon is 'worst' there all good In my opinion, I don't see a 'worst' one.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • 3rd gen is the middle child who is ignored. I dislike first gen games only due to the graphics. 2nd gen will, like almost everyone else, remain a favorite. I'm indiffrent about 4th gen.

Anyway, I personally hate the 5th gen mainly because almost all of the pokemon look like crap. IMO, the only ones that look decent are the Snivy line and Stoutland.

But speaking of remakes, think about this... When will we start seeing remakes of remakes?

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • But speaking of remakes, think about this... When will we start seeing remakes of remakes?

Well, I don't think they'll ever make remakes of remakes, IMO remakes are made to make that region specific Pokemon available. I think in the future gens there would be more than one region in a game, or some sort of area where Pokemon are imported from other areas or something along those lines anyway...

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2012
    They are, they really are. They were excellent games. That said, I loved every generation except the first (I played it after Sapphire and Silver so it was a huge downgrade for me), but Sapphire -- great design, great music (not as good as Gen II), pretty cool plot line (I liked how they finally dropped Team Rocket), and other such things.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Gen III? Under-rated? Noway...The most under-rated game I've seen was Gen IV, D/P/Pt to be precise. Gen III was amazing if you ask me, like any other pokemon games, it introduced major features. The game as overall was nice.

Through all what I read, gen IV was the most under-rated, idk why though, its just as good as any other pkmn game. Anyway its probably the whole nostalgia thingy. I personally don't care what people think about any other game because different things appeal to different people in different ways...So there is no telling weather this is good or bad. IMO, ALL POKEMON GAMES WERE AMAZING, ALL IN DIFFERENT WAYS.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • Na, It was really underwelming imo.

-You couldn't trade over your GenI or II pokemon which was a big dissapointment.
    -No day/night system. >:(
    -Gen3 was the start of change in pokemon styles. a style change im still not to fond of.
    -R/S lacked a bunch of older pokemon. FR/LG redemied that a bit, but it made me throughrly dislike R/S when i played it.
    -R/S lacked any siginificant Postgame content. Especially since Gen2 had kanto in it. Emerald had the battle frontier atleast.
    -It just didn't add much besides new graphics. Imo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back