• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Generation Scramble Challenge!

syphilis

lul spread the love.
Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    ooh ooh, i started.

-picked up a bulbasaur (bulbacore)
    -lost to my rival the first time :(
    -got myself a pokedex and some balls.
    -caught a rattata (pupe)
    -trained pupe and stuff
    -caught a mankey (matate - which i believe means "kill yourself" in spanish...)
    -did not train mankey because it learns low kick real quick and that's a no-no for now.
    -trained pupe more in the forest.
    -beat up brock with bulbacore and his forever vine whip.

Team:

bulbacore/Bulbasaur lvl 14
    -Vine Whip
    -Growl
    -Leech Seed
    -Tackle

pupe/Rattata lvl 11
    -Quick Attack
    -Tail Whip
    -Tackle
    -

matate/Mankey lvl 4
    -Scratch
    -Leer
    -
    -

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
  • I'm sorry for not updating at all, but I have a good reason for that. I haven't even started yet.....-.-'

It doesn't matter though, because it is not a race and there are new people participating every day!

Also I will not list who is participating and has completed the challenge on the forst page, because there are so many of you guys!

Finally I hope I can start soon......hopefully....

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
  • - Beat Rival Blue
    - Got to Victory Road
    - Got through Victory Road
    - Got to Elite Four | Lorelei - Grimer + Fire Blast, Haunter + Thunderbolt | Bruno - Butterfree + Gust, Haunter + Giga Drain | Agatha - Haunter + Shadow Ball, Butterfree + Psychic | Lance - Haunter + Thunderbolt, Butterfree + Psychic | Blue - ...Everything?
    - Finished Pokemon League
    - Went to islands
    - Did islands junk - too much to mention
    - Got to Elite Four for the second try, with MUCH different leved Pokemon - pretty much same for defeating, except Grimer and Tangela didn't really help at all
    - Finished challenge!

Team:

Low-Fat / Butterfree m Lv.78 @ Nothing
    Sassy Nature (-Speed, +Sp. Def) / Compoundeyes

- Psychic
    - Psybeam
    - Aerial Ace

- Silver Wind
    Same moveset except Aerial Ace. Was my best main attacker. Silver Wind and Aerial Ace were awesome, Psybeam was alright, and Psychic was the best and probably the beastliest of all possible moves.

Wuya / Haunter f Lv.80 @ Nothing
    Naive Nature (-Sp. Def, +Speed) / Levitate

- Thunderbolt
    - Lick
    - Shadow Ball
    - Giga Drain
    Quote from Koga: "Giga Drain is quite powerful, against the commonly seen Rocket's Sandshrew/Sandslash. Also, a STABbing Shadow Ball i
    s awesome, it has great power overall. Lick is crap, but I have to keep it - it's part of the challenge. Thunderbolt is also awesome without STAB."

Tangled Up / Tangela f Lv.61 @ Nothing
    Naive Nature (-Sp. Def, +Speed) / Chlorophyll

- Mega Drain
    - Toxic
    - Slam
    - Vine Whip

I kind of dumped Tangela off after a bit of training. I realized it was a waste of time to train, however, he did play part of a good role in the Elite Four because his Vine Whip and Mega Drain helped on Blue and Lorelei.

Mushymess / Grimer m Lv.58 @ Nothing
    Timid Nature (-Attack, +Speed) / Sticky Hold

- Disable
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Acid Armor
    - Screech

I kind of dumped this guy off too. He wasn't very helpful with such a terrible moveset. Sludge Bomb was alright during the E4, but not nearly as good as he was previously. If only he had been better, I might have used him more.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    3rd Emerald Update!

This update is too big, so I'll just focus on the main points.

After Wattson, went all the way till Flannery, grabbing a Slugma - named Nosebleed - in the meantime. Flannery was pretty easy. My Seasight Watergun'd everything, then against Torkoal I just had to lure some Overheats in order to make him completely useless. With -6 Sp. Attack, all he could really do was Body Slam, and even that wasn't too dangerous, specially after being Charm'd too! xD On the end of the battle, Seasight could finally evolve!

Norman's battle was a bit tougher. I had to rely on my newly acquired Spoink (LeapPig) for some Confuse Ray action. Firefly also played an important role by Charming and healing my other pokes' HP. Nosebleed's Yawn was insanely useful as well. Unfortunately, Norman's team is so tough that, when I got to Slaking, all I had left was my Nosebleed and Seasight.
    I started by Yawning, only to get killed right after. I then started Water Guning that dude, Supersonic-ing him once he woke up. From then on, I guess I just got incredibly lucky with confusion and the moves he chose (Counter and Yawn, basically), so I ended up never being Facade'D.

Now I just beat Winona. The battle wasn't too tough. I led with Magsexy, my recently caught Magnemite (who is now a Magneton), and Spark'd Swablu. After that came Altaria, who I Tail Whip'd twice with Hunter, and Headbutt'd away. Didn't get to kill it with Hunter, but after one Firefly's Quick Attack (who died right after), and one TWave + Spark from MagSexy (who died from Earthquake immedeatly as well) LeapPig was just one Psybeam away from the kill. It took all of this thanks to the Sitrus Berry + Hyper Potion he had access to -.- In any case, after that, it wasn't as hard. I had LeapPig, Seasight and Nosebleed left. LeapPig Psybeam'd the incoming Pelipper once, before dying. Then Seasight came into action and ShockWave'd it to doom. Tropius came, and managed to kill of Seasight. Not before he was at 25% or so HP though. My Nosebleed came, thinking it was a done battle, because Skarmory was going to wall me anyway, and finish me off before I could deal all the necessary damage. But then Tropius decided to use Sunny Day. I have no idea what went through the gym leader's mind, but I gladly appreciated that. With the Sunny Day boost, Slugma's Ember did more than half to Skarmory, and so, a second Ember got me the badge.

I don't have much time now, so I'll post my team on the next update!

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Sorry I haven't updated, I've been hanging out with friends, and I accidentally left Fire Red at home when I stayed the night :/
    So, I haven't done anything, but I'll update later today.

My Team (To be):

1. CH'DING (Must be obtained before I get Cut) - Have Spearow
    2. Koffing (Can't evolve until it knows Memento, must know Explode and Destiny bond at all times)
    3. Snorlax (Must keep the same move set from when I catch it)
    4. Meowth (Can't evolve until level 40, must keep Payday) - Obtained
    5. Vaporean (Can't hold items or learn Ice moves)
    6. Pikachu (Can't hold items or evolve) - Obtained

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Okay guys, Emerald Update time!

So I proceeded all the way till the E4. I got every TM that I found necessary, and fought a ton of trainers. I barely remember the E4's levels, but I think I might be a tad bit overleved (all my pokes are at level 48). In any case, I used all the PP Ups, PP Maxes, Stat-boosting items and Rare Candies I had. It's now time to post my team, right before I take on the E4 Challenge!

Hunter, the Linoone @ Focus Band
    Careful Nature
    (Can only evolve after learning Flail. Must keep Flail at all times.)

~ Return
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Flail
    ~ Headbutt

A pretty reliable poke. I made him not hold anything during the playthrough because I wanted pickup to pick me some good items. And it did. Rare Candies and Stat-boosting items, mainly. Now I'm making him hold Focus Band, in the hopes that it'll eventually combo with Flail, if on a tight spot. I'm still thinking about Headbutt. I'm thinking about replacing it for some other move, since Return already covers normal-type offense. I thought about Rock Smash, for example. It's weak, but it lowers defense. It could come in handy.

Seasight, the Pelipper @ Mystic Water
    Modest Nature
    (Can only evolve after beating Flannery. Must learn and keep Shock Wave at all times.)

~ Surf
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Fly
    ~ Shock Wave

Another reliable one. Boltbeam with Shock Wave instead of Tbolt, and Surf+Fly for nice STAB moves. It could super-effective a big chunk of whatever it faced, and he's most likely going to be my main asset against the AMGDrag0nz of Zake or Zuke or whatever he's called.

Magsexy, the Magneton @ Sitrus Berry
    Modest Nature
    (Cannot learn Thunderbolt nor Thunder.)

~ Spark
    ~ Tri Attack
    ~ Flash
    ~ Thunder Wave

Pretty good for what it can do.
    Without TBolt, Thunder or Shock Wave being available, Spark ended up being its next best option. Considering it's a non-optimal move, Magsexy can hold its own pretty damn good. Tri-Attack is there for more coverage, TWave for team support, and Flash just because it is. I am considering, however, putting another move instead of it. Any suggestions? Sitrus Berry is there because I could find no better item to make him hold.

Nosebleed, the Magcargo @ Quick Claw
    Serious Nature
    (Must keep Smog at all times.)

~ Flamethrower
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Yawn
    ~ Smog

If only Smog wasn't there, he'd be even more awesome. Flamethrower + Rock Slide are pretty good moves with STAB, and Yawn makes team-support a very valid option. Smog is there just because it has to. I have no need for it, to be honest. Not even for poisoning, specially because my team isn't made for stalling. In any case, pretty decent poke. I loved having him around.

LeapPig, the Spoink @ Sitrus Berry
    Impish Nature
    (Cannot evolve.)

~ Psychic
    ~ Confuse Ray
    ~ Calm Mind
    ~ Secret Power

Somehow useful poke, specially when considering he isn't at his full potential. Confuse Ray and Calm Mind make it a lot more durable, and increase his Psychic power to sky-rocketting values. Secret Power is there to allow him to hit the Dark-types with something, although I do accept other suggestions. Sitrus Berry is there for the same reason as Magsexy. Confuse Ray is also great for support.

Firefly, the Illumise @ Lax Icense
    Gentle Nature
    (Cannot learn any TMs.)

~ Quick Attack
    ~ Encore
    ~ Charm
    ~ Wish

Weak. Weak weak weak weak weak weak. But then again, it's not supposed to hit anything. Its main function is to Charm and/or wish, thus making it easier for the other team members to perform their functions. Quick Attack is there just for it to do something when nothing else is needed. I do want an offensive move in there though. If anyone has any suggestions as for which move Quick Attack should be replaced by, please tell me. I do, however, like the Priority factor.

Overall, this team turned out to be pretty good, when considering all the restrictions. Aside from Seasight and Hunter, all the pokes have some way of supporting the rest of the team, which ended up being crucial for strategies. Notwithstanding how filthy weak Firefly is, I could not have beat Tate & Liza without the wonderful power of its triple Charm on Claydol, thus rendering its Earthquake useless. Also, Confuse Ray from
    LeapPig made it durable enough to Calm Mind 6x and sweep through Juan's team. Magsexy's TWave wasn't as influential, but Nosebleed's Yawn surefly was useful as hell. All-in-all, it turned out to be a pretty balanced team. I am now going to make the final adjustements (eventually change some moves), and then proceed to claim what's mine: the Pokemon League Champion Title!

EDIT: It has been done. The E4 and the Champion are defeated. I taught Hunter Dig, which replaced Headbutt. None of the battles really deserve much commentary. On the first one, Nosebleed raped through almost every one, except some pokes which Magsexy took care of. Second battle was all about Hunter Shadowball-ing and Seasight Surfing. Third one can be resumed to Nosebleed Flamethrowering and Magsexy Sparking. Zake was taken care of with Ice Beams, basically. And the Champion, well, was a mix of Magsexy Spark Sweeping, some help from Seasight's Shock Waves, and in the very end, a 6 Calm Mind + Psychic sweep from LeapPig.

Now I'm preparing for Steven. I already learned Belly Drum on Hunter, having replaced Shadow Ball for it. I kinda regret it now to be honest, but what's done is done. Now I need to find a decent strategy to beat that dude. I can go until Metagross without much trouble, but from then on, I'm having a hard time finding out how to win. I'll update later. Cheers.

EDIT 2: Totally done with the challenge now. Steven was hard, but I eventually made it.

Led with Magneton, who Spark'd Skarmory until he was no more. I'd switch to Illumise as Aggron came, and Charm him 3 times. Then switch to Linoone, Belly Drum, and Dig him to oblivion. Claydol came and killed me with EQ, but not before I Flailed him. I'd bring in Pelipper, who'd Surf for the kill. As Armaldo would come, I'd start wearing him down little by little, specially with Fly, Charm, and Return from my revived Linoone. I PP Stalled Cradily until all he had was Ingrain. I switched Linoone in and out multiple times, so that, thanks to Spikes (put by Skarmory), I'd get as near as possible to 50% HP. Then, I Belly Drum'd, used an X Speed, and Flailed with 200 bp until Cradily was done as well. Only Metagross remained. I Flailed and got immedeatly killed after. I just alternated between Magcargo and Illumise after, reviving each one of them at a time, until Metagross got burnt by Magcargo's armor. Then I waited some more turns, and Metagross was no more.

Hot n' Cold, you can have a Magby which cannot evolve, and cannot learn Flamethrower or Fire Blast.

Last edited:

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
  • ~Hot n' Cold~ / Default / Emerald / The Full 6, Baby / Just make it hard!
    TEAM
    - Magby [Evolve: No] [Moves not allowed: Flamethrower, Fire Blast] [Moves must have: None]
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • TB Pro / Fire Red / Six pl0x / No starters please. Restrictions are fine. It would be cool to have some NU Poke's on my team.

Hot n' Cold, you get:

Restrictions: Can only evolve past level 35. Cannot evolve into Crobat. Must keep Leech Life the whole game, and cannot learn Wing Attack.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I wanna do this challenge again. However, I wanna do it on Fire Red or Leaf Green this time.

Blues003 / Fire Red or Leaf Green/ Six Pokemon / Unusual and cool pokes with Unusual and cool restrictions.

I'll let one of you pick up which game I should play, and also the starter I should pick (not because of me necessarily using it - actually I'd rather not use it - but because I don't want to pick my rival's team).

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
    TEAM
    - Magby [Evolve: No] [Moves not allowed: Flamethrower, Fire Blast] [Moves must have: None]
    - Zubat [Evovle: To Golbat at Level 35] [Moves not allowed: Wing Attack] [Moves must have: Leech Life]
    -
    -
    -
    -

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    TBPro, you got yourself a Goldeen.

This Goldeen cannot learn Megahorn, and must keep either Rain Dance or Flail at all times (but not both).

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • TB Pro / Fire Red / 6 pl0x / No starters please. Restrictions are fine. It would be cool to have some NU Poke's on my team.

Team (to be)
    - Goldeen [Cannot learn Megahorn, and must keep Rain Dance or Flail at all times.]
    - /
    - /
    - /
    - /
    - /

Blues, you get:

Restrictions: Must get to level 60 before you defeat the E4. Have fun :)

EDIT:Can I evolve my Goldeen?

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
    TEAM
    - Zubat [Evovle: To Golbat at Level 35 - No Crobat] [Moves not allowed: Wing Attack] [Moves must have: Leech Life]
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Please give me some more.
    DA TB
    Have a Farfetch'd.
    Spearow must be Level 25 before it is traded for Farfetch'd.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • TB Pro / Fire Red / 6 pl0x / No starters please. Restrictions are fine. It would be cool to have some NU Poke's on my team.

Team (to be)
    - Goldeen [Cannot learn Megahorn, and must keep Rain Dance or Flail at all times.]
    - Farfetch'd [Spearow must be Lv.25 before it's traded for Farfetch'd]
    - /
    - /
    - /
    - /

Hot n' Cold, you get:

Restrictions: Must know Explosion and Selfdestruct at all times. Cannot evolve into Weezing unless it knows Toxic.

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
    TEAM
    - Zubat [Evovle: To Golbat at Level 35 - No Crobat] [Moves not allowed: Wing Attack] [Moves must have: Leech Life]
    - Koffing [Evolve: To Weezing after it knows Toxic] [Moves not allowed: None] [Moves must have: Selfdestruct, Explosion]
    -
    -
    -
    Please more.
    Have a...
    Caterpie.

Caterpie may evolve to Metapod at Level 12, evolve to Butterfree at level 20, and must know Harden forever.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years

Team (to be)
    - Farfetch'd [Spearow must be Lv.25 before it's traded for Farfetch'd.]
    - Caterpie [To Metapod at Lv.12 and Butterfree at Lv.20. Must know Harden forever.]
    - /
    - /
    - /

I guess we're just giving eachother Pokemon. :laugh:

Hot n' Cold gets:

Restrictions: Can only evolve into Lombre if it knows Mist. And can only evolve into Ludicolo while holding Lax Incense. Must know 2 HM moves by the time you reach the E4. Cannot learn TMs. :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I wonder why none of you is giving me pokes, nor has chosen if I should play FR or LG, even if I already gave each one of you one pokemon -_______-'

In any case:

Hot n' Cold: You get a Poochyena who can't learn any TMs.

TB Pro: You get an Ekans which must know Glare and cannot learn Dig.

Back