• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Strange Evil trailer revealed

pkmin3033

I don't know if 32 seconds of footage - and not all of it in-game footage, either - really qualifies as a trailer...but it was worth it for that godawful announcer. I think maybe he was given the script at the last minute and told to just read it as written. And maybe the script had a few typos. xD

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Nice looking trailer, but it doesn't include any new information that's important.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I'm sure the good stuff will be released on Thursday. :)

Precisely, we shouldn't feel disappointed right now. There's good stuff to come, usually the last info-dump is the largest(I just hope we don't have too much revealed, if you know what I mean).

One thing I did find interesting about this trailer was how Necrozma was opening up several Ultra Wormholes right there in one spot, at the Altar of the Sunne/Moone. Wonder what's gonna come popping out of them? Ultra Beasts? Team Rocket? Chuck Norris?

Also interesting is that this trailer is titled a "Stranger Evil" trailer. Does this mean Necrozma is the first "evil" Pokemon to be the main antagonist of the main series games?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Precisely, we shouldn't feel disappointed right now. There's good stuff to come, usually the last info-dump is the largest(I just hope we don't have too much revealed, if you know what I mean).

One thing I did find interesting about this trailer was how Necrozma was opening up several Ultra Wormholes right there in one spot, at the Altar of the Sunne/Moone. Wonder what's gonna come popping out of them? Ultra Beasts? Team Rocket? Chuck Norris?

Also interesting is that this trailer is titled a "Stranger Evil" trailer. Does this mean Necrozma is the first "evil" Pokemon to be the main antagonist of the main series games?

I do agree. I'm nervous and excited because I don't want to spoil myself too much (like I did with SuMo where I watched Marriland's videos before I even bought the game and spoiled everything) but I just need to know what's going on with Team Rocket and the potential for the other team leaders.

Regarding the multiple Wormholes, maybe (if the rumor about all the past teams coming back is true) it's Archie/Maxie/Ghetsis/Cyrus/Lysander?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Regarding the multiple Wormholes, maybe (if the rumor about all the past teams coming back is true) it's Archie/Maxie/Ghetsis/Cyrus/Lysander?

That had actually crossed my mind, mostly due to the size of those wormholes. The wormholes that the UB's had come out of were bigger than these ones in this trailer, no?

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • Precisely, we shouldn't feel disappointed right now. There's good stuff to come, usually the last info-dump is the largest(I just hope we don't have too much revealed, if you know what I mean).

I had been thinking about that as well. Similar to how Lusamine opened up multiple wormholes in SM, Necrozma does the same here. If the rumors/leaks are true, maybe this really is how all the past villainous teams come back. Though it could also still just be Ultra Beasts, since we did see Nanu encounter Guzzlord in one trailer.

As for the trailer title, it does seem to be that way. I've been thinking that Necrozma would be the primary antagonist of the games, and the trailer's title appears to confirm that somewhat. Not to mention that'd be a first as well.

I can't believe I'm getting even more hype from a 30-second ad. I need these games in my hands like now.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Even if it didn't show off much, it was nice to get this trailer considering we have another trailer upcoming on Thursday. Presumably Mewtwo is connected to Team Rocket in USUM.

Last edited:
    Back