• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] New English trailers, screenshots and art released for Let’s Go

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
  • lmao Splishy Splash and Buzzy Buzz??? This game is confirmed to be for toddlers! 😂😂😂

The surf board doesn't really make sense, but more importantly, what is up with that flying contraption? xD

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I don't like the Balloon thing, it seems WAY too illogical and childish in my opinion, but, then again, Fly barely served any purpose in Kanto anyway, unless you'd forgotten to get something earlier on in the adventure or were catching all the Pokémon.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Um even if I was a GO player who had no knowledge of Pokémon beyond GO, this... would be a real turn off for someone of my age. Even Teenagers wouldn't be caught dead playing that. That just leaves really young and impressionable kids and if that's your play as a gaming company... umm yeah this game ought to flop hard. Anyone regretting pre-ordering it?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Just can't please everyone.
    For me as long as Pokemon continues on, even with some negativities I am glad Pokemon continue making new games.
    I for one, am hyped for LG Eevee!

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • While I like the concept of removing HM's in favor of a special utility move that doesn't take up a moveslot, they've essentially forced players to use their starter for the entire run rather than allowing auxiliary Pokémon to learn the utility moves like in the old days. Would have been fun calling for Pidgeot, Fearow or Charizard to fly you anywhere. You can limit it to Pokemon who can feasibly do it(hence no Pidgey's Flying you around anymore), but their version involves Balloons? Are you serious? Yeah... back to the drawing board. Same deal with the Surf board.

Plus don't even get me started on the names for the moves. Splishy Splash? I'm with Clover as this is for Toddlers.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    These moves don't even sound intimidating. Tail Whip sounds like a powerful attack in comparison. Feels like they are really trying to strike a chord with the toddler demographic, maybe grooming the next generation to hop on that Kanto nostalgia (cash cow) train as everyone else gets older and more disinterested. Look at the MC designs as well, they look like they just grew out of diapers, not to mention the friendly and most likely pushover rival, fitting with toddlers.

Don't let my negativity disturb anyone who is hyped though, I am just stating my own opinion is all. I also plan on buying this game to see how it actually is. Hopefully it isn't a giant letdown.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    These moves don't even sound intimidating. Tail Whip sounds like a powerful attack in comparison. Feels like they are really trying to strike a chord with the toddler demographic, maybe grooming the next generation to hop on that Kanto nostalgia (cash cow) train as everyone else gets older and more disinterested. Look at the MC designs as well, they look like they just grew out of diapers, not to mention the friendly and most likely pushover rival, fitting with toddlers.

Don't let my negativity disturb anyone who is hyped though, I am just stating my own opinion is all. I also plan on buying this game to see how it actually is. Hopefully it isn't a giant letdown.

I agree about the move names. We've had better move names such as Hydro pump, Flare Blitz and Leaf Storm.

I actually made a Youtube video about the moves shown in this trailer. It's called "My Thoughts on the New Moves in Pokemon Let's Go."

"I don't like the Balloon thing, it seems WAY too illogical and childish in my opinion, but, then again, Fly barely served any purpose in Kanto anyway, unless you'd forgotten to get something earlier on in the adventure or were catching all the Pok?mon."

I couldn't stop laughing at the balloon thing because it was SO funny. :laugh-squinted:

Last edited:
    Back