• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: What the new Sword and Shield Pokémon are based on

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Went through a bunch of research to learn more on what the new Pokemon are based on! Check the article for details, and let me know of any ideas you have to add too. :B

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Just wanted to say Corvinight deserves more attention because the first thing that came to my mind when I saw it was Edgar Allen Poe and "Quote the Raven Nevermore". Steel/Flying = instant party selection.

Cid

Years
  • I've never used Skarmory or Celesteela on my in-game team, so Corviknight would be the first of that rare dual typing. I hope it does well! I really like its design, if my current avatar doesn't clue you in already, haha.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Loved Drednaw the second I saw it and the connection you made to the Dreadnought just made me love it more! Spot guaranteed for my first playthrough.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I'm a pretty big proponent of Eldegoss and Corviknight and hope their stats and movepools do them justice.

Well-researched and composed article, guys!

Years
  • Having looked at numerous sheep breeds found in the UK and the features of Wooloo itself (a thick, white, wooly fleece, small horns, a uniformly black body, strands of wool on either side of its face and over the head and downward ears), I have narrowed Wooloo's main inspirations down to three breeds:
    The Llanwenog,
    The Oxford Down,
    And the Valais Blacknose (though in this case it would have to be an adolescent due to the huge horns, but I believe this breed especially is a good match due to it being very docile and having a fleece with commercial uses).
    Is it likely that the artist actually looked at these sheep when designing Wooloo? Probably not. But it is fun finding close matches to it irl.

Last edited:
    Back