• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Dynamax Camera website launches, leaks Galar Pokémon details

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Some... let's go with 'mild' spoilers in the article, pertaining to what one Starter might evolve into (as in what animal it is based on) and stages of already-revealed Pokemon. Discussion of these are fine here, just keep it to this thread. If you don't want spoilers, avoid this thread and don't read the 2nd half of the article!

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • Scorbunny has usagi, meaning rabbit, while rolycoly has sekitan, which means coal and yamper has inu, which means dog. Morpeko doesn't have a number, possibly it doesn't evolve just like emolga, deddene and pachirisu. Yamper is apparently stage 1. Curious to see what its evolution would look like. Don't know what else to say,lol.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • I wonder if Alcremie's pre-evolution has the same range of flavors, or if it's gonna be like Vivillon?

Yamper is a dog confirmed

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Well, this confirms that the Honedge and Cutiefly lines, as well as Sableye, are in the Galar Dex. There are also some interesting observations with the revealed codenames:

1. Morpeko has no number next to it, meaning that it is single stage.
    2. Rolycoly, Wooloo, and Yamper all have a "1" by their codenames, meaning that they are unevolved Pokemon.
    3. Alcremie, Polteageist, and Drednaw all have a "2" by their codenames, meaning that they have one pre-evolution.
    4. Corviknight has a "3" by its codename, meaning that it has 2 pre-evolutions (making it highly likely to be the fully evolved regional bird).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Article has been updated with a few more points. One is that Duraludon is a standalone Pokemon - no other evolutions/pre-evolutions for it.

Corviknight being a third stage Pokemon is certainly a surprise to me.

Now, what will Wooloo and Yamper's evolutions look like? :B

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    Article has been updated with a few more points. One is that Duraludon is a standalone Pokemon - no other evolutions/pre-evolutions for it.

This officially confirms that Duraludon is not the psuedo legendary of the gen.

Last edited:

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • I DID NOT UNDERSTAND HOW THIS WORKED AND I LOVE IT.

And this information is really interesting! I like what I'm hearing!

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Also yaaay, Aegislash gets to be in the game that describes it!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2022
    I find the Idea that Gamefreak would show off second and third stage pokemon without their pre evolved forms very unlikely. The numbers at the end most likely have a different meaning, if there is any meaning to be found at all.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I find the Idea that Gamefreak would show off second and third stage pokemon without their pre evolved forms very unlikely. The numbers at the end most likely have a different meaning, if there is any meaning to be found at all.
    It's not the first time it would have happened - e.g. the cover legendaries for Sun and Moon ended up being evolutions of Cosmog, while Gigalith, iirc, was first seen in a triple battle before its previous stages. There's other named examples when I looked it up to confirm my memory here too.

Corviknight getting shown before pre-evos may also have to do with its use as a transport mechanism in towns (that taxi service). They wanted to show that off, so they went with Corviknight's earlier announcement.

Also, what would the meaning of the number be in codenames, then? It lines up with evolution stages, e.g. the Starters all have the '1', and some Pokemon have no number, so the inconsistency is odd. It is worth noting that it is true the codenames are a red herring or just inconsistent naming schemes, but that's not likely imo. And there isn't anything more likely in my mind.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm having a hard time picturing what could possibly evolve into Polteageist since it very much looks like a base stage. A haunted teacup? Either way I'm curious about their relationship with that elephant teapot-looking Pokemon.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It seems they wised up and removed the codenames from image urls now. That probably means if the site updates with more Pokemon, we can't expect any more leaks from there.

Article is updated with that info too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2019
    I can't believe Alcremie has a potential pre-evolution stage. Polteageist having a haunted teacup as first stage seems possible.

Years
  • Hm yeah, Alcremie seems like a one-staged mon to me, but if it does end up having a pre-evolution...gosh I'm excited to see it. Can imagine a tiny little cream fairy blob being adorable lol.

Back