• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Pokémon Home: The Good, the Bad, and the Uncertain

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    In this article we look over the pros and cons of Pokémon Home. What are your thoughts on the costs and features of Home?

pkmin3033

You have my deepest sympathies for being required to write positively about Pokemon Home for this article. I feel your pain.

Years
  • Mostly agreed with your points. Trading via mobile and being able to send those Pokémon to the main games is an absolutely amazing feature that I'm very happy about, but... the cons are just too frustrating. /: The fact that this high price tag compared to Bank is because of features like GTS and National Dex, which were already in previous games at no extra cost, puts the biggest dent in it for me. Sigh.

Years
  • Okay, because i'm not good at reading comprehension, i'm able to get some of it. Yeah if I get a better Switch that actually connects to my home server in the WAY FAR off future, *maybe* i'll get the one month plan, but for now....well....i'm agreeing with Dawn, you have my sympathy too. I really don't care. What a way to celebrate my 500th post I say eh? I don't care anymore.....

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think Pokémon Home would be better if Game Freak and co. can be more generous in giving some key features to free subscribers (like Judging feature, or having tad bit more Pokémon to store to) and making the yearly plan tad bit more affordable, considering that the pricing seems to be too much for me. Plus, if they're willing to put the GTS on Pokémon Home, they should add them to Sword/Shield via updates as well.

So I think, if Pokémon Home can be more affordable while not taking away (or limiting) the features that fans used to enjoy for free in past Pokémon games, many fans will appreciate it more, and happy to pay for it.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • You have my deepest sympathies for being required to write positively about Pokemon Home for this article. I feel your pain.
    Disclaimer - there's no need for Daily articles to be positive, and I don't think this article in itself was entirely positive either. There's cons for basically every point, and some of the positives are kinda outdone or made redundant when considering their accompaning con.

I don't mind even more negative Daily articles, as long as it's not attacking other people or whatnot, and is reasoned in its critiscm.

Back