• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Lets see....
    they sensored the crap out of most episodes, the changed the opening theme into this pece of crap rap song, and they took out all the bmg's and replaced them.

So? The intro, although not ideal, wasn't awful. And the dub ost wasn't awful either. Next reason please.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    They altered alot of the dialouge to make it more "kid friendly", which means they make alot of bad toilet humor jokes which ARENT FUNNY

And you really think the target auidence in the west would understand all of the Japanese humour?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    When I watched it with subtitles, I sure understood everything.
    And thats not a good reason to change the dialougue to horrible jokes that do not fit the situation and ruin the moment.

That's a perfectly good reason. At heart the 4kids one piece had the same messages as the original, so whgat's the problem?

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
  • That's a perfectly good reason. At heart the 4kids one piece had the same messages as the original, so whgat's the problem?

And what message would that be...?
    Be a pirate?
    Sail the oceans looking for a legendary treasure?

I dont think One piece is about having a "message".
    Its about watching pirates with kick-ass superpowers beat the crap out of each other. Which 4kids horribly sensors and alters to make it "suitable" for us thus ruining it.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    And what message would that be...?
    Be a pirate?
    Sail the oceans looking for a legendary treasure?

I dont think One piece is about having a "message".
    Its about watching pirates with kick-ass superpowers beat the crap out of each other. Which 4kids horribly sensors and alters to make it "suitable" for us thus ruining it.

LOL
    and you say 4kids butchered One Piece? If you can't pick up on One Piece's blatent messages about friendship, following your dreams, living without regrets and respecting others then you really have to right to slant 4Kids over their dub of it.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • kabigon said:
    Lets see....
    they sensored the crap out of most episodes, the changed the opening theme into this pece of crap rap song, and they took out all the bgm's and replaced them.

The Gum Gum Rap was awesome. Don't know what the hell you were watching.

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
  • LOL
    and you say 4kids butchered One Piece? If you can't pick up on One Piece's blatent messages about friendship, following your dreams, living without regrets and respecting others then you really have to right to slant 4Kids over their dub of it.

LOL u really think little kids who 4 kids is trying to market this to would pick up on these messages? Why, because one piece isnt meant for little kids, but 4kids apparantly didnt get the message and they had to utterly RUIN a great anime.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    LOL u really think little kids who 4 kids is trying to market this to would pick up on these messages? Why, because one piece isnt meant for little kids, but 4kids apparantly didnt get the message and they had to utterly RUIN a great anime.

Yes. Just because you clearly only watch it for the violence doesnt mean everyone else bypasses the obvious messages.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    LOL u realize that 4kids censores also water down the messages, and meaningbehind the characters motives. I cant beleive u actually are trying to compare the dub ot the original version.

Christ?! Really?! I hadn't noticed in the 400+ subbed episodes I've watched, how stupid of me.

Usopp's mother died and his dad left to be a pirate - still in the dub
    Luffy wants to be king of the pirates - still in the dub
    Zoro wants to be the best swordsman, inspired by his friends death - still in the dub
    Sanji wants to find all Blue - still in the dub

I could go on but you're starting to type like a bad fan sub now and I'm not sure what you're saying.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • 4Kids wasn't too bad, but they could've been better.

I liked the opening for the dubbed One Piece; it was catchy.

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
  • Christ?! Really?! I hadn't noticed in the 400+ subbed episodes I've watched, how stupid of me.

Usopp's mother died and his dad left to be a pirate - still in the dub
    Luffy wants to be king of the pirates - still in the dub
    Zoro wants to be the best swordsman, inspired by his friends death - still in the dub
    Sanji wants to find all Blue - still in the dub

I could go on but you're starting to type like a bad fan sub now and I'm not sure what you're saying.

Its funny how while the dub still has metions of their motives, at times entire scenes of their past were cut out or heavily edited, such as the scene where Arlong kills Nami's mother in front of her eyes. Thus what I mean by WATERED DOWN. You are arguing in favor of a completely inferior version of a great series ruined by 4kids

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Its funny how while the dub still has metions of their motives, at times entire scenes of their past were cut out or heavily edited, such as the scene where Arlong kills Nami's mother in front of her eyes. Thus what I mean by WATERED DOWN. You are arguing in favor of a completely inferior version of a great series ruined by 4kids

You mean, even though Nami's adoptive mother still dies in the 4kids version, you are pathetic enough to whinge that her death scene was edited? You do realise America and the UK have really different, stricter broadcasting rules than Japan right?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • kabigon said:

One Piece is meant for little kids.

Though I'll stay out of it to keep the Other going.

Years
  • 4Kids voice actors are the best there are.

I beg to differ... I've heard a few I like better, but there's no denying the talent that's there. I just think they screwed up on a couple VAs... some have voices that don't really change with the character's mood as indicated by their body language (not like I can do that, though, myself XD).

NO
    JUST NO
    I HATE 4craps!
    Their one peice dub was a travesty, as was their yugioh dub.
    They ruin every anime they touch.
    The ony dub from them that was ONLY TOLERABLE was pokemon.
    THATS IT.
    I HATE THEM >:(
    If you think 4crap is good, the go watch some real subbed anime and copare it to the CRAP that is the 4kids dub and feel ASHAMED u ever liked them. DO IT!!!!!!!

You have no right to complain about "butchered" dubs until you quit murdering the English language with every post you make. Wait... seems you fixed that with your last post. You're arguing in favor of a media that has poor proofreading.

kabigon

My body is always ready.
    Years
  • You mean, even though Nami's adoptive mother still dies in the 4kids version, you are pathetic enough to whinge that her death scene was edited? You do realise America and the UK have really different, stricter broadcasting rules than Japan right?

These stricter broadcast rules do not merit the amount of ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS edits and at times REMOVAL of entire episodes for no real reason.

One example: Changing the race of a crewmember on Buggys crew from black, to white. JUST BECAUSE

Ill admit that there are some things which had to be edited but nowhere near the amount that 4kids edited.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back