• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Gen Glitches!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Partly had the idea to make this from the GB Sounds glitch thread, but more because a friend and I encountered this glitch Pokemon in his Platinum with a few bonuses (no cheats used so how it got there is a mystery, and if it was first in the party and one tried to access it/use an item then the game would insta-freeze... quite problematic).

So have you encountered any glitches in your 4th gen games? Talk about them here!

VoltManEXE

NetNavi
    Years
  • Alright, I think I have one.

When I went to claim an event Celebi in SoulSilver, it was all glitched out. It was shiny, and it wasn't supposed to be. The ID number was all 0's, it had Pokerus, and the OT was changed to match the name of my DS at the time. It also showed to be caught on January 0, 2000. My friend who was with me on the other hand got his Celebi just fine, I don't know why this one was messed up.

Werid glitch, but pretty cool all the same. I technically got pokerus without cheating!

zigazav

Fanfiction writer inactive
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    Alright, I think I have one.

When I went to claim an event Celebi in SoulSilver, it was all glitched out. It was shiny, and it wasn't supposed to be. The ID number was all 0's, it had Pokerus, and the OT was changed to match the name of my DS at the time. It also showed to be caught on January 0, 2000. My friend who was with me on the other hand got his Celebi just fine, I don't know why this one was messed up.

Werid glitch, but pretty cool all the same. I technically got pokerus without cheating!

In heartgold, I think have the same Celebi! Except I used a cheatcode to get an event Celebi, and the OT was correct. It was a Shiny Pink Celebi, and it wasn't glitched-up. It appears fine. When you were to claim that Celebi, did you have any cheatcodes on, or had a communication error? Those can cause data to be incorrectly saved I think. I'm no programmer though. I just use the internet allot is all.

Years
  • Not glitches as such, more graphical errors, but while surfing around HG/SS I noticed some black holes on rocks. These disappear when you move, but return if you go back to the same spot. So far I've found about five or six of these, the most noticeable being one in Olivine Harbour.

VoltManEXE

NetNavi
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]
    zigazav:7064835 said:
    In heartgold, I think have the same Celebi! Except I used a cheatcode to get an event Celebi, and the OT was correct. It was a Shiny Pink Celebi, and it wasn't glitched-up. It appears fine. When you were to claim that Celebi, did you have any cheatcodes on, or had a communication error? Those can cause data to be incorrectly saved I think. I'm no programmer though. I just use the internet allot is all.

I don't think there was a communication error. I was at gamestop when I got it, and it was through mystery gift. I don't remember which Celebi it was, but I'm almost positive it wasn't the Giovanni-back-through-time one, as that one is supposed to be shiny. It was sometime before that. Whatever it was, everything is set to their defaults. It even showed as being caught in Snowpeak, which iirc, is the first town on the hex list. I didn't use a code to get this either; I remember my reaction to seeing a bugged shiny celebi in the place of a normal one. And then I used pokerus to bulk up my team, the end. :p[/SIZE]

Back