• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen 4th Generation Release Dates and Speculation Thread

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
    This is the thread where you post all your screenshots, info, and speculations about the upcoming games from Nintendo called Diamond and Pearl. These have been long awaited and after a long wait, screenshots have finally been released!

Do not make any threads over speculation and release dates. That is what this thread is for!

Years
    4th Generation Release Dates and Speculation Thread

Here are the characters which I cut from CoroCoro scans. Diamond (the boy) and Pearl (the girl). I also really like Pearl. I think what makes Diamond bad is the awfull hat.

Gigerm

I GOT THE SPIRITOMB IN ME!
    Years
    there isnt anyway im playing as them i hope they change them for america and the screenshots are located at https://www.pokemonelite2000.com/
    these are not fake i dont do that crap soul stealing rpg crap game like other people these are the actual screen shots

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    They look fake to me, tbh. I don't understand why Nintendo would make the world semi-3D and then keep the battle system completely 2D. And I don't understand why Nintendo would take the graphics from FR/LG and just give them a different perspective, I would've expected them to be completely original graphics. And why does the battle system seemingly not make use of both screens? I would've thought, at the very least, that the top screen would be the fighting area with the enemy Pokemon at the top and your Pokemon at the bottom and all the menu functions and text boxes appearing on the bottom screen. Also, what's up with the crappy battle backgrounds? I had better, more detailed backgrounds in my fangame. Another thing, why did Nintendo release screenshots to a magazine, yet make no mention at all of it at E3? Given that the Pokemon series is one of Nintendo's because sellers, and the anticipation surrounding the games, why would they show the Mysterious Dungeon spin offs at E3 but not the games that everybody wants?

In conclusion, I think it's all one giant hoax. I don't know who by or how it started, but I don't believe those screenshots are real. I hope I'm right too, the "screens" that have been shown are a huge pile of...bleh.

Years
    Dawson said:
    They look fake to me, tbh. I don't understand why Nintendo would make the world semi-3D and then keep the battle system completely 2D. And I don't understand why Nintendo would take the graphics from FR/LG and just give them a different perspective, I would've expected them to be completely original graphics. And why does the battle system seemingly not make use of both screens? I would've thought, at the very least, that the top screen would be the fighting area with the enemy Pokemon at the top and your Pokemon at the bottom and all the menu functions and text boxes appearing on the bottom screen. Also, what's up with the crappy battle backgrounds? I had better, more detailed backgrounds in my fangame. Another thing, why did Nintendo release screenshots to a magazine, yet make no mention at all of it at E3? Given that the Pokemon series is one of Nintendo's because sellers, and the anticipation surrounding the games, why would they show the Mysterious Dungeon spin offs at E3 but not the games that everybody wants?

In conclusion, I think it's all one giant hoax. I don't know who by or how it started, but I don't believe those screenshots are real. I hope I'm right too, the "screens" that have been shown are a huge pile of...bleh.
    For goddess sake... They aren't fake at all. They are taken from CoroCoro, the official retailer of Pokemon News in Japan. I think the graphics of the "outside" are ok. Pokemon's style is not a 3D game... especialy in a portable console. Well, it's true that battles could be better but oh well, we don't know what other fuctions wil the games have. It would be hard anyway to make over 500 Characters with effects in 3D for a game like Pokemon... That's my opinion.

.::Diamond::.

Diamond & Kingdra Fan :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2007
    hey would any1 be bothered to make sprites of these two new characters???maybe for comics,trainer cards etc

Years
    I made the first wallpaper of Diamond and Pearl :D I know it's pretty simple but oh well.
    Also I'll try to make some overworld sprites of them according to the pictures of the game.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Ash_Pokemaster said:
    For goddess sake... They aren't fake at all. They are taken from CoroCoro, the official retailer of Pokemon News in Japan. I think the graphics of the "outside" are ok. Pokemon's style is not a 3D game... especialy in a portable console. Well, it's true that battles could be better but oh well, we don't know what other fuctions wil the games have. It would be hard anyway to make over 500 Characters with effects in 3D for a game like Pokemon... That's my opinion.
    "It would be hard to make over 500 characters with effects in 3D for a game like Pokemon"

...Never played Pokemon Stadium/Colosseum then? Do you realise just how many professionals work on a game like Pokemon? Dozens and dozens, and they get paid a crap load of money for it too. So, if something is "hard" to do, they'll still do it. If something was impossible to do, they'd find a way to work around it. There's a difference there.

You say I'm wrong, yet you didn't refute any of the perfectly valid points I raised about why I believe they're fake. Just because CoroCoro says so, doesn't mean it is. As I said, they could've been the victims of the hoax, being given those screenshots believing they're real.
    All I know is, I've seen fake screenshots like that a few times on the internet. Not meant to fool people, just to show what they think Pokemon 3D would be like. And some parts are near identical to those "official screenshots" ie the sandy path, trees, rocks and water.

Years
    Dawson said:
    "It would be hard to make over 500 characters with effects in 3D for a game like Pokemon"

...Never played Pokemon Stadium/Colosseum then? Do you realise just how many professionals work on a game like Pokemon? Dozens and dozens, and they get paid a crap load of money for it too. So, if something is "hard" to do, they'll still do it. If something was impossible to do, they'd find a way to work around it. There's a difference there.

You say I'm wrong, yet you didn't refute any of the perfectly valid points I raised about why I believe they're fake. Just because CoroCoro says so, doesn't mean it is. As I said, they could've been the victims of the hoax, being given those screenshots believing they're real.
    All I know is, I've seen fake screenshots like that a few times on the internet. Not meant to fool people, just to show what they think Pokemon 3D would be like. And some parts are near identical to those "official screenshots" ie the sandy path, trees, rocks and water.
    I don't wanna flame sorry. Just this; a portable console is different from a home console. You really think GameCube and DS have the same power. It's FOR SURE that they can make 500 3D Characters. Even ameatures can do. What I'm talking about is that graphics are not the only thing that fills the game. The other fuctions are what make the game better. To be honest, battle system of Pokemon is with one word "genius". It's the best battle system of ALL other RPGs. You really don't know how difficult it is to make. I think this is something more important than just graphics. Anyway, these screens are official anyway. Only time will show us what should we excpecting of Diamond and Pearl. I'm sure that there are much more things to expect.

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
    Years
    I think Ash ment as in making it like that on the DS Level, Colloseum and XD are for the Gamecube which is much easier to do that kinda thing, i really like this game so far, i hope theirs a 3rd game to go with them, like Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Dawson said:
    They look fake to me, tbh. I don't understand why Nintendo would make the world semi-3D and then keep the battle system completely 2D. And I don't understand why Nintendo would take the graphics from FR/LG and just give them a different perspective, I would've expected them to be completely original graphics.

Umm...would having the battle graphics in 3-D really make the game that great? I mean, sure an advanced system like DS has the potential to manage that kind of sprites, but I'd wager it takes up quite a bit of space, and considering that they've most likely got a good 100+ new pokémon species (Complete with statlines, learnsets etc.) to manage in addition to the old, I'd be inclined to believe that they have some other uses for the limited memory at their disposal. And before you say 'Stadium' again, remember that Diamond/Pearl also has the Pokédex to support, and doesn't, as far as I know, allow the use of memory extension cards. There's only so much you can fit into a fairly small package like DS, you know, even with today's technology. Furthermore, I recall the often rather weird approach to graphics in 3-D pokémon games recieveing quite a bit of criticism from the game reviewer lot, so it could be that Nintendo is trying to avoid that by sticking to the tried and true interface. As for expecting completely original graphics...why? It's not like they've been doing it this far, you know. Plenty of the G/S/C graphics were simply edits of the R/B/Y ones. Similarly, a fair bit of the 3rd generation sprites (Take for instance Bug Catchers) still bear a significant resemblance to their R/B/Y counterparts. And of course, the tilesets are, for the most part, little more than revamps. Familiar features in the tiles and sprites awaken a sense of familiarity/nostalgia with the game environment as a whole, which might appeal to loyal fans of the series. Just as a thought. ^^
    Dawson said:
    And why does the battle system seemingly not make use of both screens? I would've thought, at the very least, that the top screen would be the fighting area with the enemy Pokemon at the top and your Pokemon at the bottom and all the menu functions and text boxes appearing on the bottom screen.

Keyword being "seemingly"...for all we know there could have been some new feature utilizing that bottom window in battle, thus leaving the command window in its current spot. Optionally, the principle could simply be "If it's not broken, don't fix it.", personally I think that the layout of the battle screen is very good as it is, and I think I'd actually be a bit annoyed if I now had to pay attention to two different screens at the same time. Yes, they've got a huge and well-paid workforce on this project, and I'd bet that said workforce contains a good amount of playtesters. Just because that fancy new screen is available, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's such a good idea to use it in every turn.

Dawson said:
    Also, what's up with the crappy battle backgrounds? I had better, more detailed backgrounds in my fangame. Another thing, why did Nintendo release screenshots to a magazine, yet make no mention at all of it at E3? Given that the Pokemon series is one of Nintendo's because sellers, and the anticipation surrounding the games, why would they show the Mysterious Dungeon spin offs at E3 but not the games that everybody wants?

Well, the battlescreens could have been a bit more innovative, I'll give you that. But calling them a complete load of crap is a gross exaggeration, imo. Furthermore, judging by the small parts of characters and partial messages in kanji I'd say that these pictures were taken from the cover of an advert in a magazine of some kind, so I do question their quality. I'd suspect that the graphics are far more impressive IRL. As for the whole 'why-didn't-they-say-anything-at-E3' thing, it could be that this are from some special 'insider' japanese magazine available only for the kind of fans who are ready to pay good money for the inside scoop on things. For all we know they could just be keeping the rest of us in suspense while releasing a few more low-profile spoilers in order to fuel rumours, speculation, and expectations. I'm not a proffessional in marketing or anything like that, but I know enough of it to know that I don't understand it half of the time.

Dawson said:

And you are quite entitled to your opinion, although the above has been provided to address your complaint about no-one challenging the points you made. ^^ Personally, I don't care too much if these screenies are real or not, the quality is sufficient for me. What I'm concerned about is whether they have put enough work into the storyline of the game, because R/S/E was a bit of a dissapointment in that sense. It wasn't horrible, mind you, but it could have been done a lot better.

Finally, I have to admit that I like the look of this new main characters...mmmhmmm...although they too have been subjected to the hat-perversion of the pokémon team's art department. That girl would look so much better without that dorky hat...don't get me wrong, she's hawt as she is, but...would be better without that one. Although her outfit seems...a bit impractical. Imagine her having to climb a steep ledge or bend down to pick something up while wearing that skirt...*Brick'd for dirty thoughts xD* And I think that dude would look a bit better without his hat too, although not knowing what his hair's like I can't say for sure. ^^

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Dawson said:

When you assume it makes an *** out of "u" and me.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Zone said:
    When you assume it makes an *** out of "u" and me.

Slightly random, but somebody said that a few days ago in a geography lesson...and it makes sense too!

I agree with the people who say the hats are kind of weird, especially the boy's one.

Gigerm

I GOT THE SPIRITOMB IN ME!
    Years
    i hope they make the game lighter it's to dark even tho i like the dark i wish for it to be lighter

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
    I Think The Hats, The 3d Styled Is All Fine.

The Game Has Released Only 5 Screenshots And Your All Ready Critizing It!

First Of All Pokemon Always Uses The Same Tilesets And Basically Here Just Revamped Them Into 3dish Style. Also Remember That Its A Magazine And With All Of These Texts Everywhere And Uploading It On.The Screens Arent Going To Have The Greatest Quaility They Really Have.

And Dont Forget The Battle Backround Could Just Be The Coming Into Battle Scene.

The Game Is Fine As I Am Concerend And They Did A Great Job So Far! They Will Ovbviouslly Edit Some Stuff Now And Then And Make It Better.

And Why Do People Care So Much About The Hats......Thats A Stupid Reason Not To Play The Game Or Critisize It. Besides With All Of The Battles, Story Lines, Wi-Fi, And The New Region I Doubt You'll Even Care About Their Hats. I Mean Come On, Its Pokemon And They Always Have Whacky Designs!

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Tbone2356 said:
    I Think The Hats, The 3d Styled Is All Fine.

The Game Has Released Only 5 Screenshots And Your All Ready Critizing It!

First Of All Pokemon Always Uses The Same Tilesets And Basically Here Just Revamped Them Into 3dish Style. Also Remember That Its A Magazine And With All Of These Texts Everywhere And Uploading It On.The Screens Arent Going To Have The Greatest Quaility They Really Have.

And Dont Forget The Battle Backround Could Just Be The Coming Into Battle Scene.

The Game Is Fine As I Am Concerend And They Did A Great Job So Far! They Will Ovbviouslly Edit Some Stuff Now And Then And Make It Better.

The battle screenshots aren't of going into battle, they're of the battles themselves. This is obvious because one shows the HP bar things and the other has an attack being performed.

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
    Zone said:
    The battle screenshots aren't of going into battle, they're of the battles themselves. This is obvious because one shows the HP bar things and the other has an attack being performed.

Maybe Their On A Moving Vechile And The Backround Is ANimated Going Left To Right...?

Lol

Back