• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] ~50% done with my hack, want to share

Years
    Hey guys so I'm about half done with my hack called Pokemon Valor and I wanted to upload it to here so you all can check it out and give me some feedback while I finish the rest of the game, so it would be like a partial beta. Just wondered...where would be the best place to post that, and in what file format would be best?

Last edited:

PokemonBen

Kanto Champion
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    If you plan for it to be a small hack, then post it in Slideshow Showcase. If your hack will change the story, then post it in Progressing Hacks. Use Lunar IPS to make a patch of your hack and include a download from somewhere like Dropbox or Mediafire. Check out other posts in Progressing Hacks to see how they have lay their own threads out.

Years
    Hmm well what exactly would you call a small hack? I mean, it's a new region with a new story and a few new pokemon...but it doesn't have any ground-breaking new features...

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
    Hmm well what exactly would you call a small hack? I mean, it's a new region with a new story and a few new pokemon...but it doesn't have any ground-breaking new features...

well if you not sure, you can just ask the moderator of the forum.

But if i am not wrong(been away for few years so not sure if same rules applies),
    as long your hack is not those minor tweaks, like for example a pokemon fire red but with a new set of tiles, or just few new minor extras..etc then it is posted to the progressing hacks.

Years
    That's true maybe I'll ask just to be safe. But yeah if I was to guess, mine would probably fall right between the two haha. It's definitely an entirely new region and story and we planned out all the routes and HM blocks and stuff, but we don't have any fancy tilesets or gen 4+ pokemon or anything...but thanks I'll look around and read the rules and stuff

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    Sounds to me like it's good enough for the progressing hacks section. Mini-games and such are better suited for the slideshow.

Back