• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th gen ideas for names pokemon attacks etc if they have one which we want

new types

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    The fighting is he is saying my ideas aren't good and that i'm an immature little girl.:

Flurry Water:Softens the foe to lower defense.
    Water
    Power:--
    Accuracy;100
    PP:20

Lush grass:Enbeds the foe is soft grass to lower its accuracy
    Grass
    Accuracy:100
    PP:30

DdrmaniacmaN

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    well you still haven't told me through words your ideas.they probably suck anyway.And i'm not immature.if I was immature,i would go around talking like you and gloating around joyusly.No comment on your idea of mature.And yes.i can make people laugh.But not in the way your suggesting.

That entire post screamed immature. Also, go a few pages back. I posted ideas for a few attacks, and once again, i made 100 Pokemon. I got criticism on my ideas and took it well. If you don't believe me, go back and look at it. By the way, since you don't know exactly what gloating means, don't use it.

By the way Phanima, I like your ideas. Power Punch definitely sounds like a move that would be used in the game. Subtle Body has a nice ring to it as well.

DdrmaniacmaN

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    The fighting is he is saying my ideas aren't good and that i'm an immature little girl.:

Flurry Water:Softens the foe to lower defense.
    Water
    Accuracy;100

Lush grass:Enbeds the foe is soft grass to lower its accuracy
    Grass
    PP:30

*sigh* I didn't say that ALL of your ideas were bad. Plus most of it was CONSTRUCTIVE to help you come up with better things, but you don't get it. (this is why I'm probably not going to have kids)

Here are some other attacks I thought of. CRITICISM please (for Manaphy's pleasure).
    Sculpture
    Type: Ice or Rock
    Power: --
    Accuracy: --
    PP: 10
    Category: Physical
    Description: Similar to Substitute, the user creates either an ice or rock sculpture of itself (depending on what type it is) that takes damage for it for 5 turns. The Sculpture can be destroyed, however, by a move that is super effective against it.

Panic Field
    Type: Psychic
    PP: 15
    Category: Status
    Description: The user puts itself in a panic which sharply lowers its Defense and Accuracy, but sharply raises its Attack, Speed, and Evasiveness.

Plunge
    Type: Normal
    Power: 110
    Accuracy: 75
    Description: The user jumps high and crashes into the foe at full force. The move also lowers the users Defense.

Last edited:

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Here are some other attacks I thought of. CRITICISM please (for Manaphy's pleasure).

Well, because you asked for it, I'll criticize, haha. :P

Sculpture
    Type: Ice or Rock
    Description: Similar to Substitute, the user creates either an ice or rock sculpture of itself (depending on what type it is) that takes damage for it for 5 turns. The Sculpture can be destroyed, however, by a move that is super effective against it.

I don't think the type of the attack should change depending on the Pokemon, but it being an available move for an Ice/Rock-type Pokemon is completely a-okay. Frankly, it's a great move, but because of it's greatness, it's kind of unbalanced. A five turn sub/sculpture that absorbs all attacks is very good, almost too good, which is why I'm assuming you tried to balance it out with the super-effective hit. I think it'd become more realistic, or balanced, if you either shorten the amount of turns it lasts for or it's PP size. Something like:

Name: Sculpture
    Type: Ice
    Category: Other
    PP: 5
    Attack: -
    Accuracy: -
    Effect: Creates a decoy sculpture of the user for 5 turns. It is destroyed if the foe uses a Super Effective attack.

OR

Name: Sculpture
    Type: Rock
    Effect: Creates a decoy sculpture of the user for 2 turns. It is destroyed if the foe uses a Super Effective attack.

Other than that, I like it.

Panic Field
    Type: Psychic
    Category: Status Other
    Description: The user puts itself in a panic which sharply lowers its Defense and Accuracy, but sharply raises its Attack, Speed, and Evasiveness.

Another interesting move. Everything is good except for it's effect, which is great but needs a little balancing. Dropping two stats to increase three seems too advantageous. Maybe lower DEFENSE and ACCURACY (great choice by the way) and increase just ATTACK and SPEED or ATTACK and EVASION. Nice though.

Plunge
    Type: Normal
    Power: 110
    Accuracy: 75
    Description: The user jumps high and crashes into the foe at full force. The move also lowers the users Defense.

Nothing wrong with this as far as I can tell, except for it's PP size. With 110 base power, even with 75 accuracy, it should be limited to 10 PP at most, 5 being the standard. And another sexy Normal move enters the imaginative 5th generation movepool.

Criticism galore! I like em. :P

Last edited:

DdrmaniacmaN

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    What you're saying makes perfect sense. The only reason why I made Sculpture a two-type move is because Curse is like that. Its effect is different depending on what type is using it. With the Category for Panic Field, I think it should be kept as Status because it is an actual category used in Diamond and Pearl and it is affecting the users' status. And about the PP for Plunge, I actually meant to put 10 instead of 15. I just forgot to change it. But overall, I'm glad you like my ideas.

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    Ah, I see. I forgot about that. So you were planning on having Sculpture be a ??? type move, right? And there's a STATUS category now? Well, that's also cool, I just haven't experienced it yet, haha. And Plunge is all good. Huzzah!

Now for my own horrid moves with equally frightening names and effects. :)

Name: Bubble Jet
    Type: Water
    Category: Special
    PP: 20
    Attack: 30
    Accuracy: 100
    Effect: Shoots bubbles at a fast pace that always strikes first. May confuse the foe.

Name: Pollen Drink
    Type: Grass
    Effect: A drink that restores 1/4 HP and raises DEFENSE.

Name: Cluster Bomb
    Type: Flying
    Attack: 50
    Accuracy: 100
    Effect: Swoops down to attack the foe twice.

Name: Streamline
    Type: Flying
    PP: 5
    Effect: Straightens feathers to sharply increase ATTACK and SPEED but lowers ACCURACY.

Last edited:

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    For DdrmaniacmaN:why make another Substitute move,nevertheless one that that can be,I guess,taken away by a super effective attack!Whats the good in that idea?!The other two are fine,but seriously!

For Phanima:I like your moves(you spelt Pollen wrong though)Although we already have a attack called Bubble.Your additions really don't make a diffrence to it.Another suggestion;add more PP to your moves.

DdrmaniacmaN

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    For DdrmaniacmaN:why make another Substitute move,nevertheless one that that can be,I guess,taken away by a super effective attack!Whats the good in that idea?!The other two are fine,but seriously!

For Phanima:I like your moves(you spelt Pollen wrong though)Although we already have a attack called Bubble.Your additions really don't make a diffrence to it.Another suggestion;add more PP to your moves.

Remember, there are other moves that have different names but similar effects. The difference with my attack is that the user won't have to sacrifice any HP in order to execute the move.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    yes,but what if you did Sculpture,then the foe used a super effective attack?It would be a wasted turn!:

Fire Chute:Simalar to Fire Ring(I think),except its stronger and Fire Chute rages longer.
    Fire
    Power:70

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years

One quick thing Manaphy, you can dish it out, but can't take it. You must have maturity up tio here ^!

NEW MOVE

CounterClockwise
    Pyschic
    Stops Damage first turn, then fires it back second.
    Other
    Pow:N/A
    Acc:100

Pressure Point
    Fighting
    Physichal
    Does damage according to height of Pokemon
    Pow: N/A
    Acc:80

Speed Skate
    Ice
    Physichal
    Always attacks first, may freeze
    Pow: 30
    Acc: 100

DdrmaniacmaN

Advanced Trainer
    Years
    yes,but what if you did Sculpture,then the foe used a super effective attack?It would be a wasted turn!:

Well since you obviously haven't realzed this, there are actual attacks now that can be wasted the first time it's used. It's all about strategy.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    not sure where your coming from on this(Translation:Whats up to here ^ mean?)Ah!I'm doing it again!Offtopic!:

Back for more old pokemon!:

Lineon: A grass lion
    Grass/Poisin
    It has supreme speed and attack.

Chatonka: A Dark boar
    Dark
    Excels in defense and sp.defense.

And whats this "strategy"crap?I don't use it.

DdrmaniacmaN

Advanced Trainer
    Years

Oh you didn't have to tell me that. I already knew you thought of strategy as "crap" based on your post. But your criticism doesn't bother me because you're purposely thinking of ways to make my ideas stupid. Typical 10 year old behavior.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    Liar.I don't use strategy.i make pokemon faint with just attacking.DEAL.WITH.IT.What is wrong with how people look at kids with there stupid streotypes.I may be thin skinned,i may no have asthentic sense,but I can speak my mind to the world.Deal with it.:

Prinsta:A water Horse.
    Water
    Has all leveled stats.

Yuxino:A pyscic type spider.
    Pyscic
    Has great speed.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
    Pokemon Name: Shelizel
    Type: Ice / Fight
    Classification: Dull Claw Pokemon
    Ability:Serene Grace

Evolution Line
    -Shelizel
    |
    |(Hapiness at Night)
    |
    -Sneasel
    |
    |(Level up with Razor Claw @ night)
    |
    -Weavile

Pokedex
    ~ It stays with it's parents until it is close to becoming a Sneasel.
    Height: 2 "02" Weight: 35.2 lbs

Base Stats
    HP:40
    ATK:65
    DEF:41
    SP.ATK:20
    SP.DEF:55
    SPD:79

Phanima

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011

Haha, yeah, my bad. Anyway, spelling mistake corrected and suggestion noted. I thought I'd cut down on the PP since some of the effects are kind of, good, in a way. And there's a "Jet" after "Bubble", thus making it "Bubble Jet", a mix between Aqua Jet and Bubble basically. Thought the first strike plus confusion status would be inticing. :P

And aren't we getting a little off topic now? This is the attack thread right? Or was there some post back in the middle about making up 5th gen Pokemon as well? Anyway, one more move for the thread.

Name: Honey Web
    Type: Bug
    Category: Special
    PP: 20
    Attack: 20
    Accuracy: 95
    Effect: A sticky sweet web that traps and hurts the foe for 2-5 turns. May confuse the foe.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
    Years
    not sure where your coming from on this(Translation:Whats up to here ^ mean?)Ah!I'm doing it again!Offtopic!:

Back for more old pokemon!:

Lineon: A grass lion
    Grass/Poisin
    It has supreme speed and attack.

Chatonka: A Dark boar
    Dark
    Excels in defense and sp.defense.

Lineon - Um EON are Eevees.

Good Idea for the Lion, i suggested one a while back, but a different name.
    Lioneaf.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    In case you didn't notice(which you didn't)I said these are from when I was 7.The year my sister got Pokemon Saphire.So I didn't know back then.Duh.

Screamy:A ghost pokemon that will scream when its in battle to confuse the foe.
    Ghost/Ice
    Exellent accuracy and Defense.
    Common Ability:Confused Scream:Will randomly pick a turn to confuse a foe in battle.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    In case you didn't notice(which you didn't)I said these are from when I was 7.The year my sister got Pokemon Saphire.So I didn't know back then.Duh.

Screamy:A ghost pokemon that will scream when its in battle to confuse the foe.
    Ghost/Ice
    Exellent accuracy and Defense.
    Common Ability:Confused Scream:Will randomly pick a turn to confuse a foe in battle.

Love the idea, but Screamy? I'd choose like Shrichill, Shriek Chill.

Anyway
    Two legendary ideas

Fuotezza
    Fire/Flying
    High speed and Attack
    The Height Pokemon: Fly's the highest possible using flaming wings.
    Ability: Flash Fire

Ghiatezza
    Ice/Flying
    High Special Defense and Special Attack
    The Depth Pokemon: Although not a water type, this Pokemon goes into the deepest cold water so fast, that it can come out to breath every 5 minutes.
    Ability: Ice Body

They are opposites, and meet every year to battle it out over a huge lake.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back