• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

8-bit Music vs. New Music

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Which do you prefer in the games, the older 8-bit style from the first couple of generations, or the newer music and newer remixes? And why do you prefer it?

I've always been pretty interested in topics dealing with the music in the games, so I'm curious to see what others think on this subject.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • 8-bit musics are pretty classic and nostalgic, but in terms of quality, new musics are definitely going to win it. It's a no-brainer.

Years
  • 8-Bit music definitely has the potential to sound great and in the GBC Pokemon games, it really did. Even so, I still prefer the new music, just because it adds to the suspense of battles and generally sounds "cleaner" in terms of quality, so to speak.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • The only older song that I like from the good old days of Pokemon Red and Blue is the Surfing music other than that, I prefer the newer versions of the songs and newer songs.

:t354:TG

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like the new music better because it shows how much the music in the Pokemon games has improved over time. Not only that, it sounds better, IMO.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It's a tie. My favorite Pokemon tracks of all time are either from RBY or BW. Not even kidding. Like...check out my last.fm and the only songs from the game I listen to are RBY or BW, excluding one. I personally love the music no matter how old it may be or how new. So...yeah. I love them both. Both have their pros and cons, both have their significance for their games, etc etc generic beautiful post. Point is, they're both excellent.

Wya77

Average Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2011
    Honestly, I've muted all of my games until B/W. The music in B/W is so modern and clean sounding, I love it. The Pinwheel Forest and Driftveil City are my two favorite places music-wise.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well, in my opinion, the newer music is obviously much better, because of the higher capabilities. But obviously that doesn't mean the 8-bit music is bad, It just makes me feel really nostalgic whilst listening to it. But yeah, it's still the newer music for me.

Though, I think the GB sounds item in HG/SS was an amazing idea.

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    The new music has better quality, and it's more catchy.
    But I remember when I was I child I kept on singing the 8-bit music in my head. I used to love it.

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
    Years
  • I like some of the new takes on the classic 8 bit songs, like Ecrutreak City in HG/SS as well as Cinnabar Island. However, some songs I enjoy in 8 bit form, such as Gen II's Victory Road, Route 27, and New Bark Town. I'm biased haha.

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
  • both actually, but if I had a favorite all time BGM in Pokemon series, I would choose Battle Reshiram - Zekrom from Black/White... that music is the only Pokemon music I could actually dance to (as far as game music for Pokemon games)!!!

Back