• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A A A A A A A...B!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Do you constantly find yourself button mashing through battles/talking with NPCs? I used to think that pressing A consistently while attacking was how the attack got its power, so in Yellow, AAAAA for Thundershock. XD I never got past the first gym because I only pressed A and never read that Thundershock wasn't affecting anything. Now I find myself only button mashing through text I've already read tons of times. And the beginning of DPPt. That has more crap to listen to than school lectures, I swear.

So, are you a button masher? Or do you like to read battle/NPC dialog?

Oh, and since my SoulSilver is in Japanese, hello A button. :D

Decodedd

Number One Rookie !
    Years
  • I hate those blasted "Walls of Text" that bombard me at the beginning on Platinum !
    Since I restart every 3 days or so :D

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • I mashed my A button in my Yellow version whenever I threw a PokeBall because I thought it increased my chance of catching a pokemon -.-

I button mash through the boring conversations with NPC's because they have way too much to say at times -.-

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I mash buttons every time! XD
    In Red, I thought repeatedly tapping A will increase the chance of a critical hit.

HugSomebody

Trust me!~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I don't really care for what the professor says in the beginning of the game, cause it's generally all the same. Some of the stuff the trainers say is interesting though, so I don't just breeze through that. (:

I tend to mash the B button while trying to catch a Pokemon though. ^.^;;

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    since I play on itouch, mashing just doesn't have the same effect... I had a friend that said he had 'worked out' that pressing select when the ball opens doubles the catching chance. since he got me registeel I didn't question it lol!

so yea, since the itouch just doesn't have any buttons, I can't mash... but I do spam savestates for ball throwing lol and that is a proven series of buttons to press that work.

kokopuffchan

a s h e n
    Years
  • i tend to button-mash at the beginning of games, as well as during long villain monologues or when replaying a game. but i like to listen to the NPCs because sometimes they really are pretty interesting. ^^

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
  • Nah i dont butten mash but i hold down b when i go for a catch casue i used to think it worker back in blue

Safetyfirst

Chloe Moretz Fan
    Years
  • Oh my god, this is SO true!

Pokemon centre... hello Nurse Joy!....Oh thanks for healing them.... A AA AA AA AAA..... Ok, Ill come again soon! A AA A... **** I TALKED TO HER AGAIN!

Gotta love spamming A, how could it ever fail

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    I never used to button mash in battles, but I did used to hold down+B when catching pokemon to make sure they didn't escape...I know it doesn;t work but sometimes I still do it >_<

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • Yes I am ! xD

Actually, in any case lmao ~
    Mashing AAAAAAAAA when the game starts, when there's text I don't want to read, or at the beginning of a fight xP
    But I also do this when throwing a pokeball at the pokemon...silly /shot\
    And when I'm so stressed that I don't want to lose the battle "~u~

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Clearly the person who had this Game Boy Color before me was a fan of the A button, because it's smushed down to the point where you can hardly press it anymore.

I try to use B instead of A whenever possible now. XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The first time I play through a game, I'll read pretty much everything which basically just means I mash A a tad slower. XD;

But on subsequent plays... yeaaah I don't pay much attention to anything. But I will use B more than A when I remember because my A button is losing its touch and doesn't work as well. D: I play my DS too much.

The worst is when you're tapping A and then realize juuust too late that the dialogue finished and then you have to go through it over again. XD; (I do this all the time at the Pokémon Center and end up healing my Pokémon multiple times. ><;)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, whenever i'm talking to NPC'S or in long battles I.E (6 Magikarps) O.O I constantly press B because it get's through the text and it dosen't make you talk to them again, I've done it so much that sometimes when im walking on a Route or in a City im pressing B randomly :P

It used to be A A A A A A dialouge finished, carry on pressing A, repeat's dialouge.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • During the professor's spiel at the beginning, and during those battles against six of the same <insert weak Pokemon here> I button mash.

I also button mash during my rematches with the Elite Four, when the Champion goes on their long speech about whatever. I'll read it the first time, but since it never changes...

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • the first time i play a game i normally wont because i will read what people are saying. but after that if i replay the game i will just keep mashing a. even in battles i sometimes do, oh and in the pokemon center as well if im trading or just healing my pokemon.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Actually, I just remembered something. The beginning of DPPt is just so bad with talking and jabber that I accidentally named my Piplup AAAAAAAAAA because I was just tapping A and not paying any attention. I didn't even realize it til I got in the grass and it said, "Get'em, AAAAAAAAAA!" I felt like an idiot. XD

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Actually, I just remembered something. The beginning of DPPt is just so bad with talking and jabber that I accidentally named my Piplup AAAAAAAAAA because I was just tapping A and not paying any attention. I didn't even realize it til I got in the grass and it said, "Get'em, AAAAAAAAAA!" I felt like an idiot. XD
    Just say it was on purpose and whenever you send your Piplup out, you're literally just screaming at the other Pokémon as you do. Like a battle cry.

Then it's pretty badass.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Just say it was on purpose and whenever you send your Piplup out, you're literally just screaming at the other Pokémon as you do. Like a battle cry.

Then it's pretty badass.

Lucky for me it was a challenge that I didn't need the Piplup for anyway. :P And I just ran into another bad thing about button mashing. Learning new moves that you don't want. Charizard wants to learn Fire Spin! Delete which move? Flamethrower? 1...2...3...POOF! Charizard forgot Flamthrower and......Charizard learned Fire Spin! :DD

NO!! >:C

Back