• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A collection of random tiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Wow, that's amazing dude this style is great i love it, im waiting for more tiles.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Wow, that's amazing dude this style is great i love it, im waiting for more tiles.

I know its really great isnt it and thanks a lot.

Right so small update and sorry guys but this one isnt public so iv jpeged it ok. This is the pokemon center for the first city in Pokemon white light, my game. The city is called floriset city. Anyway Its wooden has a balcany and lots of entrances there is a reason for all the entrances but i will keep that secret, anyway enjoy.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Ok guys so I have just added Floriset city pokemart aswell enjoy

Last edited:

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Alucus, just gotta say, be-u-ti-ful PokeCentre, I am loving it, good work mate.

Although, the PokeMart is where I have to say, not so good there. It's a good overall "structure design" but in my opinion what needs work is the roof and windows.

Roof:
    What I have issue with is on the PokeCentre, you got great roof but the Mart has no "substance"to the roof, it's just flat. What I would do here is add the "front" side of the roof like you have on the Centre, know what I mean?

Windows:
    Ok, the windows don't seem to be "connected" to the bottom part of the building as they are look flat and my opinion here would be to either add some bits to make it look more connected to the bottom part or curve it around with the rest of the building.

Hope this helps and looking great so far, good luck with them.

-Novus-

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Alucus, just gotta say, be-u-ti-ful PokeCentre, I am loving it, good work mate.

Although, the PokeMart is where I have to say, not so good there. It's a good overall "structure design" but in my opinion what needs work is the roof and windows.

Roof:
    What I have issue with is on the PokeCentre, you got great roof but the Mart has no "substance"to the roof, it's just flat. What I would do here is add the "front" side of the roof like you have on the Centre, know what I mean?

Windows:
    Ok, the windows don't seem to be "connected" to the bottom part of the building as they are look flat and my opinion here would be to either add some bits to make it look more connected to the bottom part or curve it around with the rest of the building.

Hope this helps and looking great so far, good luck with them.

-Novus-

Thanks mate im so glad that you pointed these things out. You know when you get that feeling that something is not quite right but cant work out what so this helps a lot chears

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    No worries mate, we gotta look out for each other us tilers lol, plus I despise little errors in a great piece which just let's it down. So, happy to help man.

-Novus-

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    No worries mate, we gotta look out for each other us tilers lol, plus I despise little errors in a great piece which just let's it down. So, happy to help man.

-Novus-

There we go that should be better now the top section like the center is surposed to be square with the bottom being rounded

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Right quick update sorry its not public again guys but I have just finished the side view of the wooden gate building, enjoy

Last edited:

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    woah, these are really great but why are they so big for?

:t354:TG

thats the whole point lots of space inside just like real hospitals and shops

anyway first update for a long time I have started on a joint project with Novus to make all of the tiles HG/SS tiles hes doing johto while I do kanto

So to start it off we have the tiles for viridian city, Enjoy

I have also started work on pewter city

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    thats the whole point lots of space inside just like real hospitals and shops

anyway first update for a long time I have started on a joint project with Novus to make all of the tiles HG/SS tiles hes doing johto while I do kanto

So to start it off we have the tiles for viridian city, Enjoy

I have also started work on pewter city

sorry, I was thinking more of like the Pokemon games and of course the buildings are never that large to begin with ^^;
    Great job with these pixels

:t354:TG

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Well as you know me and novus are working on making all of the tiles from HG/SS he is doing johto Im doing kanto right.

So to do it properly we are maping each area out as we go along so to start off with we have Pallet town the only thing left to do here is the water and I will do that tomorow, the signs fence and dirt path belong to kyle the flowers to pokemon diamond Ill be making those tomorow aswell, so Enjoy.

Years
    Some people like to overlap the trees like that, while others (like myself) don't. It's really a matter of personal preference, though sometimes the overlap can cause some confusion on the perspective.

That being said, since these are 2D and not 3D, I would recommend that you not overlap them, Alucus. As I said, it causes some perspective confusion. The sprites themselves are really well done. I'm just going to run through Pallet Town at the moment. The trees look like they came straight from the game. You did a really good job with the palette, the shape, and the proportions. The colors are just right, and the shape is spot on. I would only suggest that you clean it up just a little bit. There is just the slightest bit of jagginess in it. The house is excellent. The colors are great, and accurately represent they way they would look in game. The shape and perspective are excellent, too. Nothing really to say on the houses. The lab is pretty good, too, but could use a little touching up. The palette seems a bit dark. Maybe lighten it up a few shades and see how it goes. The shape is great, nothing to say there. The windows at the top look a little odd. I haven't gotten to Pallet Town in the game yet, so I don't know what the lab looks like, but I think it would look better with more round windows. I'm not going to comment on the ground, path, flower, and fence tiles, as there is nothing wrong with them.

Overall, great job.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Some people like to overlap the trees like that, while others (like myself) don't. It's really a matter of personal preference, though sometimes the overlap can cause some confusion on the perspective.

That being said, since these are 2D and not 3D, I would recommend that you not overlap them, Alucus. As I said, it causes some perspective confusion. The sprites themselves are really well done. I'm just going to run through Pallet Town at the moment. The trees look like they came straight from the game. You did a really good job with the palette, the shape, and the proportions. The colors are just right, and the shape is spot on. I would only suggest that you clean it up just a little bit. There is just the slightest bit of jagginess in it. The house is excellent. The colors are great, and accurately represent they way they would look in game. The shape and perspective are excellent, too. Nothing really to say on the houses. The lab is pretty good, too, but could use a little touching up. The palette seems a bit dark. Maybe lighten it up a few shades and see how it goes. The shape is great, nothing to say there. The windows at the top look a little odd. I haven't gotten to Pallet Town in the game yet, so I don't know what the lab looks like, but I think it would look better with more round windows. I'm not going to comment on the ground, path, flower, and fence tiles, as there is nothing wrong with them.

Overall, great job.

thanks dude i am gunna keep the trees as they are as i am going for a game acurate look anyway, the lab is as close as i could get it to identical and that includes the pallet allof the pallets i got using screen shots from the game so the colours are identical in most places but thanks a lot for the sound advice mate.

Pallet town is now complete everything in this map is now made by me

Ok iv just finished the first lot of indoor tiles.

Next is the lab and then on to route 1.

Last edited:

Legendaries

Ginzuishou/Heavy-Metal-Lover
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2021
    God, damn it :D It's perfect! Can't wait for next works :D

(It's me, PrinceLegendario :D).

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    God, damn it :D It's perfect! Can't wait for next works :D

(It's me, PrinceLegendario :D).

oww hay dude never knew you were on here anyway keep an eye on this topic cus ill not be uploading the HG/SS stuff to deviant art untill kyle finishes playing through the games

anyway iv just updated pallet town with the tile set

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    The lab tiles for pallet town are now done that means pallet town is 100% complete now

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back