• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen " A dramatic story within a spectacular new world"

Years
  • I'm sorry if this is already a thread, but I want to talk about what that means. Do you guys think there's going to be a second region? We've gotten enough info to know that it's Hoenn and it's that same story so why did they use that? Were they just saying that for people who are too knew to know about Hoenn?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think a new world refers to how Hoenn is all in 3D now. Also remember that probably more than half the people who play pokemon probably has never played the originals before. Not to mention you can't play it unless you own an old ds, sp, or advanced or buy one used. Which is not always the easiest thing to do if you want it in good condition.

As for the story, it is pretty dramatic. Especially if they use the emerald storyline which I do not think they will.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well SoulSilver's (and probably HeartGold's too) box says, " Prepare for thrilling New Adventures as Legendary Pokemon Awaken!"
    And as we all know the Johto remakes didn't really have new adventures per say, just new areas we could explore, mini games, and travelling with our primary mon behind us.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Those words are probably used for marketing, primarily.

But there's no denying that Hoenn was the first region to introduce a proper legendary storyline. (Gen II had some emphasis on legendaries, but they weren't exactly a crucial part of the story)
    Plus with the confirmation of mega evolution being part of the storyline, the story should be more dynamic.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'm sure that the words were just a stylistic choice, although there's definitely the possibilities of new areas, I just don't think they'll include a second region attached to Hoenn. Plus, there's always the fact that the games are so old that newer fans haven't played (or maybe even heard of before if they're young and only have a 3DS) before so it's new to many fans, even if it's not to us.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When they've said "a spectacular new world," it could simply mean a re-designed Hoenn, which definitely is the case here.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • Well SoulSilver's (and probably HeartGold's too) box says, " Prepare for thrilling New Adventures as Legendary Pokemon Awaken!"
    And as we all know the Johto remakes didn't really have new adventures per say, just new areas we could explore, mini games, and travelling with our primary mon behind us.

So "new" nonetheless. I hope there's a new area for this region and considering it's only an island in the middle of who knows where, there's a potential for a new region or area similar to the sevii islands.

Years
  • I already feel the story will be different in certain ways. Like a Persona 4 Golden remake over the Johto remake where really for the most part it was the same old thing but with Crystal tossed in. Steven already has been confirmed to have a Mega Evo story plus with new things like Idol Contests I would not be shocked if the game has even more shocks. FR/LG had new story elements with Sevii but HG/SS felt very bland for new stuff. Granted Gen 2 was the more content full to begin with so that may be why.

I'm pretty sure the last two remakes did not change the pokedex or evolution style. like Eveee could not evolve into his Sinnoh forms in the Johto remakes but in this remake were get a pokedex overhaul plus Megas not just in the pre game but new ones too. so it seems as if this is trying hard to be different than not just the regular gen 3 games but remakes in general.

Years
  • I already feel the story will be different in certain ways. Like a Persona 4 Golden remake over the Johto remake where really for the most part it was the same old thing but with Crystal tossed in. Steven already has been confirmed to have a Mega Evo story plus with new things like Idol Contests I would not be shocked if the game has even more shocks. FR/LG had new story elements with Sevii but HG/SS felt very bland for new stuff. Granted Gen 2 was the more content full to begin with so that may be why.

I'm pretty sure the last two remakes did not change the pokedex or evolution style. like Eveee could not evolve into his Sinnoh forms in the Johto remakes but in this remake were get a pokedex overhaul plus Megas not just in the pre game but new ones too. so it seems as if this is trying hard to be different than not just the regular gen 3 games but remakes in general.

Contest Idol? Thus far there is only one contest Idol, Lissa. Not sure if we'll get that title or Contest Master later on, guess it's possible.

Btw Johto did change the Pokedex, adding the Pokemon that evolve by learning certain moves. Unlike the Kanto remakes which didn't add cross gen-evos. So the addition of more cross gen-evolutions by different methods seems like a progression in a positive direction from the past two. Also nothing was said about a Pokedex overhaul...just that there were going to be changes.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • To me the new Hoenn feels like a "brand new world" with a nostalgic presence, at least from the videos we've seen. Everything looks so great so far, so I'd be willing to use that definition.

Years
  • Contest Idol? Thus far there is only one contest Idol, Lissa. Not sure if we'll get that title or Contest Master later on, guess it's possible.

Btw Johto did change the Pokedex, adding the Pokemon that evolve by learning certain moves. Unlike the Kanto remakes which didn't add cross gen-evos. So the addition of more cross gen-evolutions by different methods seems like a progression in a positive direction from the past two. Also nothing was said about a Pokedex overhaul...just that there were going to be changes.

Really? I remember reading how the pokedex was changing to include gen 4 onward in Hoenn pre game. Not sure if it was Serebii or Tumblr but it was maybe in july I believe.

Years
  • Really? I remember reading how the pokedex was changing to include gen 4 onward in Hoenn pre game. Not sure if it was Serebii or Tumblr but it was maybe in july I believe.

That was fan speculation. All we know is that the cross gen Gen IV Pokemon evos are being added. And if Salamence's new Hoenn dex number is any indication all Gen IV cross evos of Pokemon in the original Hoenn dex appear to have been added.

Back