• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Elder Scroll RP. Fantasy, Exploration, etc.

I'm so HM02

Banned
Years
  • Okay, so I have an idea about an Elder Scrolls like RP. If anyone needs Intel on the Elders Scroll series I'll give you the basics. It is a high selling game franchise by Bethesda Games, the first game came out in 1994 and was named Arena. Since then there have been multiple games, the last main series game The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim.Most recent release in The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited. The series is based on certain events in time in the land of Tamriel.There are eight provinces and nine races. They are Valenwood, home of the Bosmer, aka the Wood Elf, the finest archers and most skilled hunters in all of Tamriel. The Summerset Islands, home of the Altmer aka the High Elf, the most magically gifted race in all of Tamriel. Elsweyr, home of the Khajiit, a feline race mostly know as thieves or assassin. Hammerfell, home to the Redguard, a dark skinned desert dwelling race trained in the art of sword and shield. High Rock, home of the Brenton race, a bi-racial race of man and mer. Great Necromancers and dark magic casters. Skyrim, home of the mighty Nord race. Fair haired and very skilled warriors with two handed weapons. Morrowind, home of the Dunmer aka Dark Elves. Dark skinned with Elves with the power to control fire at will. Black Marsh, home of the Argonains, a reptilian race that can stay underwater and is a very good assassin. Orsimer, or Orcs are a race that's very sturdy (pretty much a tank) that have lost their home during multiple conflicts with the Brentons over time. Finally we have Cyrodiil, home of the Imperials. Located in the center of Tamriel and home to the empire. Imperials are sort of balanced skills wise. There is the insight on the series, if you are interested just leave an message here and give advice if you feel the need.

Last edited:

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • So what is the actual role-play idea you have? This is just description of the in-game races with a mention to the video game publishers.

Jauntier

Where was your antennas again?
    Years
  • Alright. Well, as it stands, I wouldn't be interested in the idea, as what little I gather comes off as something that requires knowledge of a specific and apparently in-depth franchise, and it's one I don't know much about. So it counts me out.

For others, if you could provide more explanation for the role-play mechanics, I'm sure they'd appreciate it. Otherwise, if you aren't willing to develop the role-play or make it yourself, I think it would be a passing thought best suited for the adoption thread.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • I actually have been working on an Elder Scrolls RP for quite some time now. Almost released it too, but Jay beat me too the punch with posting Riders, and I backed off because of the similar settings/genre.

That said, I'd be happy to discuss ideas with you regarding such a thing. I think there's lots of potential for the series in a roleplay setting, if done right.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.
    Years
  • I actually have been working on an Elder Scrolls RP for quite some time now. Almost released it too, but Jay beat me too the punch with posting Riders, and I backed off because of the similar settings/genre.

That said, I'd be happy to discuss ideas with you regarding such a thing. I think there's lots of potential for the series in a roleplay setting, if done right.

Yep Doofy has been planning one for quite awhile now ^-^

I myself actually attempted to run one awhile back... it died tragically like all of my RPs do /shrug

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I would be interested since its a universe I actually know stuff about, but you don't have a lot of details to go off right now.

Maybe right up a brief description of when it takes place, what is happening in the world, what our goal will be, and how to roleplay will play mechanics wise.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2016
    The Elder Scrolls universe is pretty cool, plenty of stuff there to work with, and I'm sure people would enjoy it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    I'm definitely interested in this possibility, I'm a big Skyrim fan, but I'm going to go ahead and agree with the general consensus that the lore of the Elder Scrolls is very large, so you should make sure to focus on a specific thing for the RP, and present it in a way that isn't overly complicated for someone unfamiliar with the subject.

That being said, I'm game.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    I agree with much of what has been said here. I think the plot should be rather specific, as there is a lot of lore within the series, so it may intimidate some players who aren't that familiar with the series and don't have a lot to go on. Maybe something along the lines of a smaller plot line that takes place within a city, and possibly move out from there (just so newer players are able to create a character that starts off in a city if they don't know too much about the elder scrolls world). With that said, I'm down to participate in one.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • I have knowledge of Elder Scrolls Lore. I could join. I agree with the above statements.

Last edited:
    Back