• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A few great ways to get a girl! (Club)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    you've tried to weasel your way out of every post I've made, changing topics only to be outdebated again. Clearly your life is refined to the internet if you think people you converse with online are in any way, shape, or form, real friends. You could sign out today and never come back. And no one will feel any kind of emotion for you. Compared to if you dissapeared in real life, I'm sure there would be plently of people greiving over the loss of a friend.

A few great ways to get a girl! (Club)

Hey Forever, want to be friends? Clearly we have more "refined" values and are therefore capable of developing a friendship that is real, as opposed to fake. Not like some people here who's TL;DR can be summed up as "We're not friends. You're just here to entertain me and then get lost when I'm done with you."

You're coming off as a rude person making excuses, just saying.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    To be honest, I'm fifteen years old. I haven't had a proper relationship yet. I don't think I will for a while. The thing is, if I see a girl that I like, I look at her. If she looks back at me, I go over to her and start a conversation (the weather is always a good one!) and then I can judge if she likes me or not. The main key, at least for me, is to always be confident.

Chickenbits

GiantMonsterLover
    Years
    wow, this topic changed from an innocent (albeit kinda uncessary) thread, and has now turned to a chaotic battlefield. As a former comptetive Warhammer-gamer, Battlefields are my home turf :3

I agree with Tomatta that being close friends ain't exactly the best background to a relationship. If that works for other's, then fine, but it's never done for me and never for any of my other friends. It has, however, ruined one of my friendships. If you meet at, for example a party, it's usually pretty much hit or miss it seems. Relationships that form after a year or two are rare, at least in the groups that I hang out in, and trust me, they are big and varied.

On the topic of online friends being real friends or not, hard to say. Having a "good" friend online is far from an impossibility, I've had plenty myself. A "real" friend? Hard to say. I once knew a girl online who I talked to everyday, but I no longer tak to her. But one of my best friends in elementary school during the last years.... well, haven't heard from him in like 2 years, and we met everyday before :P

I guess it all comes down to this: What is a "real" friend to you?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I guess first off, I'd like to say that not every girl is the same, not every guy is the same either. You're not going to win someone over with a few short tips. So anyone who has hope that you can find the answers to falling in love with someone and vice versa on the internet, you're already on the setp ladder to failure. In saying that, you're not just listing out techniques and some of what you've said does actually make sense. In any case, let me be more specific.

1. See if they like you, the old stare at them and they look at you and you both turn your heads at the same time will be a good starter.
    Of course it matters if they have feelings for you or not, but eh, it wouldn't be the first step you'd take in my opinion. Finding out if someone likes you goes deeper than just a stare. Sometimes it can take a long long time for someone to develop feelings for another. If I could pick anything out of my life experience and what I've seen with others, talking to the significant guy or girl can also do suffice. I mean, as I say, not everyone is the same, sometimes love or finding out about someone elses feelings can be as an unexpected kiss.

2. Establish a good friendship. The truth is that couples are formed starting from being friends and moving up as time goes if they discover feelings. This is one of the most importent ones.
    This is most certainly not truth. The biggest issue here is that you could become too close as friends and forever be that way. Even if the two do have feelings for eachother, they may not want to admit it due to how close they are as friends and don't wish to lose their friendship. I know this because it's happened. Though what I would agree with is that you should always get to know someone first before considering a relationship with them. Though friends do sometimes end up together, the worst place you can be is in the friend zone when all you want to be is out of it.

3. Don't go for books/Magazines, thats just some cheap rip off company that only cares about money.
    Money cannot buy love. It doesn't matter how cheap or expensive something is, if the one you want is someone who can be bought with gifts, it's not going to be worth it. A relationship should not be based on gifts. Though if you were to give them something, something from the heart, something sentimental is the best gift you can give and I know I can't be argued on that. At the end of the day, sentimentality lives forever, material gifts are but a quick over the counter exchange. Of course they can overlap, but at least that way it still has thought.

4. Don't try the direct approach "I like you."/ "Umm you want to go out some time?" it might scare them and gross them out.
    How do you suggest you do ask them out then? I mean I wouldn't try this the first time I meet someone, I'd have to get to know them first and experience some bit of chemistry first. But if you never ask the girl/guy out, nothing will happen, unless you wait, not everyone is so up front of course. If you dont eventually show your feelings, through words or through actions, the other will never know. I agree to a margin of an extent, I think you've just forgotten to mention timing.

5. If your already friends think about it before ruining a really good friendship.
    Kind of relates to no.2, which also kind of contradicts what you said, but in any case, yes, you should always consider whether your frienship is worth risking. You don't want the heartache to kill what you once had so that it can never be relinquished.

6. Just be yourself not some other person you're not it never works.
    Agreed, it amazes me how many people change just to impress someone. I mean, if someone doesn't like you for who you are, they're not going to develop feelings for you if you change into something you're not. All you can do is be who you are and possibly work on what you have, I dont mean go out and get a new attitude and a facial or anything, just think about things more and possibly improve on your faults if you happen to have any. I had a lousy personality, eventually I noticed it, so I worked on it and evetually I stopped being as arrogant as I was. I've seen it happen to people I know, it's not changing persay, it's just being a better person or at least, letting something out that was locked within your emotions.

7. It's ok to be nervous take a deep breath and say what you want as you are like talking to a friend.
    Again, sorta contradictory to no.4 but in any case, this is necessary. I mean, it's the opposite sex, not someone who will strike you down if you make a mistake. The best thing you can do is just relax, and read no.6 again, be yourself.

8. Listen to her, don't just trail off on about her, because when she's finished talking and you're not listing it might turn awkward.
    A girl who talks may never mean a thing, but a guy who listens might end up being the first one ever to do so. If you care about someone, you're going to listen to them anyway. Like I said at the start of this post, there isn't any tricks to getting someone to like you. If you don't listen to someone it could always be down to the fact that you two might not have anything in common. Without having interest in what the person has to say, there isn't going to be much hope for the relationship.

9. Be strong enough to take in rejection and a break up. Don't be misberable about it, remeber the old saying "There's plenty of fish out there." But who knows you 2 might get together.
    Love can hurt, you hear it all the time. But really there's nothing to be afraid of. Every trajic love story can be put on the lighter side of life with an old saying we've all heard "It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all". I've heard little else more truthfull in that.

Anyway, it was sweet of you to write that out in hope to help some people, but all in all, I think most people find these things out on their own. Though there are a lot of people who need that extra push to jump into a relationship, and need to seek advice there are some things we've both mentioned here that would be of service. However, everyone and every situation is different. There's nothing more special on this Earth that I know of than to love and be loved in return, though it can be harsh, it can be the greatest accomplishment you'll ever make. It's better to be sure of what you're getting into and always seek out advice from those who know more about the situation than just taking metaphors as mentors.
    Let's hope I didn't seem condescending

Also, there's a reason I sorta didn't read back... I can half guess that there'll be some replies being plain ridiculous and missing the point, such as life.

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
    2. Don't ever and I repeat EVER get into the friend zone, you can't get out of it, ever!

If she puts you in friend zone, you put her in rape zone.
    Serious time now. Just go with the flow, sometimes things will happen sometimes they won't. I for one ain't complaining about how long it's taken me to get this girl and its about to happen... (5 months guys.)

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
    Years
    ^ XD....Thats a pretty nice time that shows true dedication just to get one girl, good luck to ya man.

Just to share one recent experience about how complicated this can get especially trying to change friendships into relationships, I particullarly liked this one girl (it was actually rather recent) and we had a lot in common. I tried my hardest to show her i liked her ever since a party we were at together, but at the time she had a boyfriend so i didnt really say anything. She even trusted me with something very sinsitive that had to do with her family. So i just listened and talked to her for around 6 months, trying to show her how much i liked her. After about a month after the party, she broke up with her boyfriend an one of my best friends admited to me he liked her before i said anything. So as a friend,I didnt want to hurt him by taking the girl he liked as well so I let him try to get in a relationship with her but it only lasted a while because he felt they were more of friends. So I started hangin out with her even more hoping for the right time to tell her. I never really got to be alone to tell her, so I ended up asking one of my and her friends to ask if she liked me as well. It turned out that she felt we were more "just friends".

So it didnt really work out for me and of course it hurt but you have to realize there are alot more girls who will say yes. So it took me around 7 months to get rejected by a girl i really liked (and still do truthfully) but it was worth it just to find out how she felt about me.

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
    Years
    Sonic Smash Down, a nice but sad story everyone a round of applause. "Sniff." btw I'm sorry.

Ok this debate is getting bigger and I like it it's good to see how other people handle experience relationships keep up the good work!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Look respectable, I don't mean mustles and abs. I mean, look clean and well dressed and smell nice. Girls love guys that smell nice.

Smell'O'Meter.
    STINK <-- SMELLS ------ NORMAL ------ NICE CENT -----> SEXY.

Stink or sexy? Your choice. :cer_wink:

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    Heres a good tip: Wo/man up and be yourself. If they show interest, ask them on a date, or to be you bf/gf or whatever floats your boat. Fomulas just don't work, especially since, well people are different. One fomula can't apply to everyone.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    Some of you guys are silly kids saying you can't be friend of the girl you like. First of all, you have to know well the person if you really want this person for a true relationship, and what's the best way to know someone? Being close, being friend. That "friendzone" thing just makes me laugh, if she says something related to it, she simply doesn't want to be with you... a cliché excuse.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Here's one:

Don't follow "steps" or a "formula" to get into a romantic relationship.

This advice seems lost on the insta-relationship culture that is developing nowadays. ;_;

JUST. BE. YOURSELF. If they don't like you, that's their problem. Wait for somebody who does, and see if you like them. If you do and they do, then ask them out. As a very adorable meerkat once said - simples.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Heres a good tip: Wo/man up and be yourself. If they show interest, ask them on a date, or to be you bf/gf or whatever floats your boat. Fomulas just don't work, especially since, well people are different. One fomula can't apply to everyone.

Probably the best and most accurate post in this thread.

Also on the note of being friendzoned, lol. I know I'm not the oldest person ever but no friends of mine who were close friends before they started a relationship ended up with a successful relationship. I've never heard anyone I know who's had real life experience state otherwise. Online relationships are obviously different, but I'm too tired to get into that right now.

Back