• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Exactly. Like look how many people didn't believe me about Pokemon Platinum until it was officially announcement several months later. I was offended by people saying I made that up or calling me a liar. Plus, I think I was off by a month or two on the release date. Which meant even though I was right about the big thing, I was wrong about a little thing.

Aza - I read a lot of Pokemon sites. here, bulbapedia. Serebii. Pokebeach. I just never really comment. I think I commented once on Serebii about how to get Battrio pogs and once on Pokebeach about the fact that Groundbreakers wasn't coming out for a long time and that was it.

I can't confirm or deny anything related to the announcement on May 10th except that it is Johto related because that's all I've been TOLD I can say. I can't comment on box art, screencaps, corocoro layouts, video footage or the like and whether they are fake or real. Truthfully, I'm as much in the dark about some things regarding this announcement as the rest of you. Part of this is because legally CoroCoro has been given first dibs on a bunch of information, so even when the announcement hits on the 10th, CoroCoro will have new pieces on...the 15th, I believe. So even after the 10th, you'll have to wait for that mag to drop for some details about what's coming up.

Its Haza hun but thanks. I dont want to hinder your job, not u would answer me but I dont want u too say too much.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    That 'scan' is fake, I have seen thos lugia ho-oh pictures in the anime/on the internet before, (and the coloring is the anime style not sugimoris)

So there you have it from Lindsy95 of Serebiiforums. NEXT!

Years
    I can't confirm or deny anything related to the announcement on May 10th except that it is Johto related because that's all I've been TOLD I can say.

That's all I wanted to know! I remember posting the other day that I thought it'd be more of a Johto remake rather than a GS remake.

In any case, whether I'm wrong or anyone for that matter I can't wait until May 10th (well 9th at night for us North Americans methinks).

Thanks Lucard!
    -Krobelus

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    OK BIG NEWS!!!!!!! if you go on pokebeach.com there is a article on there talking about pokemon sunday and they are going to be talking about something big in the game department and they had a pic from a preview of the show and there was 2 party balls and one was silver and the other was gold :)
    nvm mind again im the last to find out :(

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Lucard is officially offline T.T I totally wanted to ask him how to get a job like his.

Anyway, I wouldnt expect to actually see anything until after its been released. They are making sure this wont be leaked which makes me think it will be really special.

OK BIG NEWS!!!!!!! if you go on pokebeach.com there is a article on there talking about pokemon sunday and they are going to be talking about something big in the game department and they had a pic from a preview of the show and there was 2 party balls and one was silver and the other was gold :)

Ooh, how did you find this out! I think I might go check it out! Lol

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Really now Andy you don't say...
    Anyway yeah if no leaks at a come along then hell they wanna keep any info close as hell so they can make sure its kept secret! I doubt its a Johto Remake Krobelus. Maybe it could be though. Everything is in tact like in Johto but a new story correct?

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I have to say, this is all getting very interesting. That scan could be fake, but Totodile and Chikorita both look drawn in Sugimori's style. Still skeptical though.

Years
    I doubt its a Johto Remake Krobelus. Maybe it could be though. Everything is in tact like in Johto but a new story correct?

Yes, that's what I think. I think they know about all the hype about a GS remake, but they wanna take things their own way. Nintendo always surprises us with something we didn't expect that's why I wouldn't be surprised if it were a Johto specific remake rather than a GS remake. Although I would prefer both, because I really enjoyed the Japanese theme of Johto, and I'm hoping one other thing: Sliding Panels of Ruins of Alph! If they're included I bet you'd use the Touch Screen which would be really kewl haha.

-Krobelus

Edit:
    @GunSaberSeraph - The magic of Photoshop! =3

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Its fake end of. You know how many people can draw Sugimori nowadays?

Yes, that's what I think. I think they know about all the hype about a GS remake, but they wanna take things their own way. Nintendo always surprises us with something we didn't expect that's why I wouldn't be surprised if it were a Johto specific remake rather than a GS remake. Although I would prefer both, because I really enjoyed the Japanese theme of Johto, and I'm hoping one other thing: Sliding Panels of Ruins of Alph! If they're included I bet you'd use the Touch Screen which would be really kewl haha.

-Krobelus

Edit:
    @GunSaberSeraph - The magic of Photoshop! =3
    YES. But the puzzles were so easy. Sure it will take 1 or 2 hours but thats it. Fun nonetheless. And the story could be about Team rocket but more focused more centered on how they really want to band together and find their old leader and travel to Kanto to find its a lost cause as he will never want to return. And you cannot have Johto without silver.

Last edited:

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Really now Andy you don't say...
    Anyway yeah if no leaks at a come along then hell they wanna keep any info close as hell so they can make sure its kept secret! I doubt its a Johto Remake Krobelus. Maybe it could be though. Everything is in tact like in Johto but a new story correct?

If it's a new story, it'll be 5th gen that just happens
    to take you back to Johto. And if it's a new story,
    there probably won't be a need for Kanto (bye bye
    3D Graphics Kanto!) But as Lucard has stated
    before, it is confirmed that it is a remake.
    Also, the gold and silver balls. GS Ball.
    Ring a bell, anyone? This surely isn't
    a coincidence. So again, I say put them
    together. What happens once you
    have a confirmed remake and all other
    evidence pointing to Johto?

Hmm.. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty lenient on the
    chances of a GS Remake.

GunSaberSeraph

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    I used a program to brighten up the scan. Looking at Ho-Oh's design, I'm pretty sure it's fake.

A G/S Remake?

Years
    YES. But the puzzles were so easy. Sure it will take 1 or 2 hours but thats it. Fun nonetheless. And the story could be about Team rocket but more focused more centered on how they really want to band together and find their old leader and travel to Kanto to find its a lost cause as he will never want to return. And you cannot have Johto without silver.

Yes but the nostalgic of it is what I really wish for, and that's just a little tidbit I'd enjoy as an upgrade to how it was previously. The story could be like that, that is if it were a Johto only remake. But then it will be like all the recent Pokemon game stories where, as I mentioned before, how the story takes you by the hand and takes you through parts of the story you might not want to go through yet. That's another reason why I hope that it'll be a GS remake, with the same story, because the option of exploration was vast in GSC back in the day, unlike, in my opinion, DPP and RSE.

You're right, you cannot have Johto without Silver, but they can name it all they want, that doesn't mean they wont change the story of GS whether they release it under the original names with the added before name like FR and LG. Which, again would prolly count as a remake of Johto.

Years
    I'm guessing any pictures currently in existance would be fake. Why ...?

Do you honestly think they'll have a cover design ready 6 months before the game is released? Highly unlikely. Even if it is real, it'll probably be an early design, and not the final design.

That's if the announcement on Sunday is for the GS remakes. Pretty sure whatever game they're going to announce is still in the works, and won't be released for at least 6 months or so.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The pictures could be real but I wouldnt want them to be. I want it to look like DPPt but Johto, if that make sense.

Years
    The pictures could be real but I wouldnt want them to be. I want it to look like DPPt but Johto, if that make sense.

It makes perfect sense. In fact I think that picture of those box arts of Lugia and Ho-oh are ripped images from Pokemon Stadium 2. Which is why 1. I think it's an obvious fake and 2. what happened about the other box art that was recently "released" on the net?

-Krobelus

GunSaberSeraph

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    It makes perfect sense. In fact I think that picture of those box arts of Lugia and Ho-oh are ripped images from Pokemon Stadium 2. Which is why 1. I think it's an obvious fake and 2. what happened about the other box art that was recently "released" on the net?

-Krobelus

You mean these?

Spoiler:

Although I'm sure these are fake, they do look pretty cool.

Years
    You mean these?

Spoiler:

Although I'm sure these are fake, they do look pretty cool.

No the fuzzy looking ones that was posted just earlier. But those ones you posted now look more real than the other ones I think. But the thing is, (I can't read Japanese) what do the titles translate into? Because I think it was mentioned somewhere that Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver are names not owned by Nintendo, which means if those translate into Dusk and or Dawn then high chances they are fake. But that's what I think, in terms of validity.

-Krobelus

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    No the fuzzy looking ones that was posted just earlier. But those ones you posted now look more real than the other ones I think. But the thing is, (I can't read Japanese) what do the titles translate into? Because I think it was mentioned somewhere that Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver are names not owned by Nintendo, which means if those translate into Dusk and or Dawn then high chances they are fake. But that's what I think, in terms of validity.

-Krobelus

Those translate into "Golden Sun" and "Silver Moon"

GunSaberSeraph

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    Then they're fake. They must be since Nintendo has another RPG series called Golden Sun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back