• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB.

'PB
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2011
I thought i would revieve this as the last one was closed.

To answer the question, I would like a remake because it was a great game with an exciting plot and lots of great pokemon. But I'm guessing it would have little problems such as wheter they should include new evoulotions that are there now, Such as Ambipom.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
Years
The only reason the did the remake of Red/Green to the GBA becasue they must have planned it out back then that Diamond and Pearl on Nintendo DS could use GBA games and take Pokemon from Pal Park with Ruby/Sapphire FireRed/LeagGreen and Emerald. So what would the point of remake of Gold and Silver? It would be cool yes..but we just have to wait and see. I would like more info of Game 3 on Gen 4 cos' will this be the last game or are they going to do more like Gen 5 Pokemon??

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
they will make it. I know they will. They have the Location Data- just like they had Kanto Data on R/S.

Trust me, it WILL be done!

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
Perry! are you gonna keep reviving this topic until the remake is released? hehe

I agree with ~KiTsUnE.
They don't need to have a reason to do it.. It's nintendo :P
Do they have a reason to make two version of the same game? (Diamond/Pearl) NO
Do we need a third game that has useless extras? NO

Yet, nintendo does it :D
REMAKE=More $$ :P:P

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
acctually, I think they did it to force you to either spend a lot of money, or Socialize with other people...

Game 3, I dunno.......

but yeah, DC, you have a point.

Jim

Dinner
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 25, 2011
Yes, a remake would not be needed, but who can really say that they would hate a remake if it was announced tommorow.

Generation II is the best out of all four (in my honest opinion ._.). Now imagine strolling through Johto (and an extremely disfigured Kanto) with DS graphics and mechanics.

I hope Kanto is a bit less... Dead. I mean it's fair enough that the Safari zone is closed, I accept that. What I DO NOT like is how short Rock Tunnel and Mt Moon were (Although I loved Mt Moon square) and I also despised how Viridian Forest was gone.

Twinx

Years
lol, what was up with the lvl 3 pikachu's near virdian city?
I'm not really that excited about seeing kanto again :P

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
Years
they will make it. I know they will. They have the Location Data- just like they had Kanto Data on R/S.

I hope your right hehe

Perry! are you gonna keep reviving this topic until the remake is released? hehe

I agree with ~KiTsUnE.
Do we need a third game that has useless extras? NO

Here my answers =

Do they have a reason to make two version of the same game? (Diamond/Pearl) YES Why do have Different Pokemon in each game as they have done from Red and Blue to make you trade, for Diamond and Perl Exclusives, makes sense

Do we need a third game that has useless extras? Just for people who are new to the game when thats released like with Yellow/Crystal and Emerald

Twinx

Years
Do we need version exclusives? NO
It's a marketing technique Nintendo uses to gain more $$$$.
That's what our world is about, unfortunately.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
According to PokeBeach, a Beckett (I think) magazine said something about the release of Pokemon Platinum. Since it's an unofficial source, who knows if it's really true? They also don't know if it will be the Y/C/E of D/P or G/S remake... or another game entirey (hopefully not). Platinum is a metal, so it very likely could be a G/S remake, but it's odd how it's just 1 game (they normally come in twos).

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023

To answer the question, I would like a remake because it was a great game with an exciting plot and lots of great pokemon. But I'm guessing it would have little problems such as wheter they should include new evoulotions that are there now, Such as Ambipom.

It probably would, but Nintendo won't make one, sorry.

The only reason the did the remake of Red/Green to the GBA becasue they must have planned it out back then that Diamond and Pearl on Nintendo DS could use GBA games and take Pokemon from Pal Park with Ruby/Sapphire FireRed/LeagGreen and Emerald. So what would the point of remake of Gold and Silver? It would be cool yes..but we just have to wait and see. I would like more info of Game 3 on Gen 4 cos' will this be the last game or are they going to do more like Gen 5 Pokemon??

Well, that's the question in'it? They'll make a Yellow/Crystal/Emerald version of Diamond and Pearl, most likely called Quartz, and then they will move onto fifth generation, and a remake will never happen for G/S/C.

No.

I agree with ~KiTsUnE.
Do we need a third game that has useless extras?
NO

Nice, logical post... If only Nintendo were nice and logical.

Yes, a remake would not be needed, but who can really say that they would hate a remake if it was announced tommorow.

Generation II is the best out of all four (in my honest opinion ._.). Now imagine strolling through Johto (and an extremely disfigured Kanto) with DS graphics and mechanics.

I hope Kanto is a bit less... Dead. I mean it's fair enough that the Safari zone is closed, I accept that. What I DO NOT like is how short Rock Tunnel and Mt Moon were (Although I loved Mt Moon square) and I also despised how Viridian Forest was gone.

I concur, if only Nintendo did too.

Do we need version exclusives? NO
It's a marketing technique Nintendo uses to gain more $$$$.
That's what our world is about, unfortunately.

Amen.

According to PokeBeach, a Beckett (I think) magazine said something about the release of Pokemon Platinum. Since it's an unofficial source, who knows if it's really true? They also don't know if it will be the Y/C/E of D/P or G/S remake... or another game entirey (hopefully not). Platinum is a metal, so it very likely could be a G/S remake, but it's odd how it's just 1 game (they normally come in twos).

Lies, all lies.

Until Nintendo release an offical document, nothing is proven.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
now why would the have Location data on Johto if they didn't plan to use it? (IIRC, they had location data for Kanto and R/S)

Years
I hope they will make G/S remake it would be totally awesome i just want to start with Cyndaquil again without getting all 200 in Emerald

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
what Pichuu, said.

I'm still going with my statement from eirlier:

Back in R/S they had Kanto data, right? and they remade Kanto!

and now it's D/P that has hidden data with another region.

do you see the pattern?

Olumuyiwa

Ultimate Trainer
Years
what Pichuu, said.

I'm still going with my statement from eirlier:

Back in R/S they had Kanto data, right? and they remade Kanto!

and now it's D/P that has hidden data with another region.

do you see the pattern?

Have you ever thought Nintendo did that just for us to expect something and nothing will come out of it in the end
--Olu

Evan

Check out my Hatchery!
Years
Because Nintendo lives to get our hopes up and then crush them...

I'd assume that they would do the same kinda thing they did with the new evolutions for the Kanto remakes, not have them initially, but have them once the National Pokedex is unlocked.

Last edited:

XSeerian

My name is actually Drenz!
Years
Well, according to Wikipedia/Bulbapedia, many other nonofficial sources and ~KiTsUnE's amazing statement:

They have put Johto data in the D/P games and I've tried(as I bet many other have) to put my Pokemon Crystal in my DS, but it doesn't fit. So...less we just imagine they put Johto in there to be caca, there has to be something being cooked up.

Not only that...there are so many clues to support it within Diamond and Pearl.

Why was Jasmine necessary? She gave us Waterfall...why? So she can make an appearence, that's why! And she tells you, you should visit her Region someday.

Not only that, they speak of Professor Elm a lot, when it comes to Egg research.

Then a big clue in my eyes, is the readdition of the Day/Night system.

There are so many clues to support it and make this little dream become a reality. I think we may have to start believing Johto will be remade with D/P graphics! ^_^

~ Drenz

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
It probably would, but Nintendo won't make one, sorry.

And you know this how?

Well, that's the question in'it? They'll make a Yellow/Crystal/Emerald version of Diamond and Pearl, most likely called Quartz, and then they will move onto fifth generation, and a remake will never happen for G/S/C.

Doubtful. The remake could end up being just another way to get the Pokemon not on the Dex of Diamond/Pearl. If someone jumps in, and wants to catch all their own Pokemon, but doesn't have access to Gen 3, then GSDS would supply a good number of those Pokemon.

That's a GREAT response. Someone points out that Nintendo has VERY clearly included data that points to a remake and has no reason to be there UNLESS a remake is planned, and your only response is no.

Nice, logical post... If only Nintendo were nice and logical.

When it comes to milking cash cows, they don't seem to be amateurs.

I concur, if only Nintendo did too.

I'm also in agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back