• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    So I just bought pokemon black version and started playing it. I went through the long talk at the start and after a while got me a snivy did my first battle and set out on my adventure. I fought my first battle against a brown pokemon(forgot its name) at level 4 I beat it and went on but two steps later I got into another battle, I thought it was just normal and started the battle but the pokemon I was against was lvl 100. It was a purple bug thing with a canon on its back and I died straight away. Is this normal because if it is it sucks.
    EDIT
    If it matters I got it from a used game store called aj's

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    That's not normal man take your game back and get a new one tepig should have been at level 3 not level 4 and the level 100 pokemon that just crazy

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    That's not normal man take your game back and get a new one tepig should have been at level 3 not level 4 and the level 100 pokemon that just crazy
    no the pokemon I saw at level 4 was a Lillipup

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    First of all the Pokemon he battled was probably Lillipup or Patrat, secondly, put down the Action Replay, no game bought from a legit shop would have that one, it's not hacked or glitched, you've hacked the game yourself.

Also the Pokemon you battled was Genosect, which is an event Pokemon & can only be obtained (At this time) by cheating.

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    So I just bought pokemon black version and started playing it. I went through the long talk at the start and after a while got me a snivy did my first battle and set out on my adventure. I fought my first battle against a brown pokemon(forgot its name) at level 4 I beat it and went on but two steps later I got into another battle, I thought it was just normal and started the battle but the pokemon I was against was lvl 100. It was a purple bug thing with a canon on its back and I died straight away. Is this normal because if it is it sucks.

Congrats, you found yourself a Genosect...which is not normal, return it!

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm not using an action replay but if it matters the game starts on a blue screen for about a minuite
    I'll take it back to aj's in the morning and buy something else

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Horrible attempt at trolling.

This.

I'm not using an action replay but if it matters the game starts on a blue screen for about a minuite
    I'll take it back to aj's in the morning and buy something else

Well then it's a rom, for crying out loud; No game bought from a legit store will have this "Glitch" *cough cough Cheat cough cough* Just stop trollin'

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    What the heck happened there?! A level 100 Genosect?!

Well, if you don't have an Action Replay, and the screen starts on blue, then theres probably something wrong with it. I myself would keep it just to see what else happens. If you run into a Genosect like that, think of what else you could find. You could even find a Pokemon from another region before you ever get the National Dex!
    But if you are dissatisfied with it, by all means return it. It's not doing what it's supposed to, which is NOT what you payed for. You deserve your money's worth.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Hey guys
    how about we delete all of our post and let a mod handle this

Spanner226

Millefiore Mechanic
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2011
    Well, if some of the posters here are correct, then yes, this was a horrible attempt at trolling.

HOWEVER, if it isn't a troll attempt, then it'd be best to purchase a game from a legitimate store(gamestop and some other places). OR, it could be a big bug from programming, or you purchased a ROM, like one other user here has stated.

And about the blue screen, I cannot help you on that.

So the best possible solution is to simply return the game.

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    Does the cartridge you bought has a micro SD card slot?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I will just post to say that there is always the off-chance that a game bought from a large store could be fake - happened to a friend of mine with Sapphire ages back from Kmart (although I'd think it's less likely nowadays) in which his game had things like a 'Professor Odd' in it... yeah. That said - pictures tend to make your claim more believable. =p If you did buy that from a store and it's a legit game (came in the official B/W box and all) and did not use any cheating/hacking device, return it.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    ...This is why I don't handle used games often...

Oh, gosh...it slightly sounds awesome, but is more attributable to a nightmare. Just setting foot beyond Nuvema Town into newfound areas with starter Pokemon in tow, and then suddenly WILD BIG MENACING PURPLE METALLIC BUG WITH BACK-MOUNTED CANNON @ LEVEL 100 APPEARED! Hurry, get away!

A glitch?

I will just post to say that there is always the off-chance that a game bought from a large store could be fake - happened to a friend of mine with Sapphire ages back from Kmart (although I'd think it's less likely nowadays) in which his game had things like a 'Professor Odd' in it... yeah. That said - pictures tend to make your claim more believable. =p If you did buy that from a store and it's a legit game (came in the official B/W box and all) and did not use any cheating/hacking device, return it.

Yeah...I would say that's there's the possibility of encountering weird stuff if someone glitched out their game and returned it to a store as a used copy. But I would still say such an occurrence it's rare, and rarer still concerning renowned gaming stores. And I highly doubt that BW would already be sold back used this early in their life cycle(s). :\

I would say first and foremost to return the game if this experience is legitimate. This is quite an irrational case, and as bobandbill said, pictures support legitimacy. Otherwise, you could keep it to experiment with the game to discover unforeseen effects for kicks, I guess...

But if the OP is a troll, please go away. *looks for RuneScape ignore button; doesn't find it...*

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I think everyone's explanation gives the answer of whether this thread is going to continue on about how this possible glitch may be trolling, cheating or really the store's fault on selling the game. Either way, your only choices are to stop the trolling, stop the cheating, or get a new game.

And just a side note, please use the report button instead of spamming this thread guys.

Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back