• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Gym Leader's Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
Years
  • Cailey pressed her pale cheek against the window of the small red car that made it's way effortlessly down the long, winding road. It was mid-morning, around nine, and their destination was Pallet Town, Professor Oak's lab ultimately.
    In the front seat sat Cailey's father, smiling and dark haired, and his new wife Anna, who was sharing an amusing anecdote about her students in Celadon City at the local primary school.
    In Cailey's small lap was her only Pokemon, a blue and yellow lion Pokemon, also known as Shinx. Shinx was restless, pacing back and forth over the back seat, occasionally stopping to sit in Cailey's lap or to look out the window, purring ecstatically.

"Thanks for letting us drive you today Cailey," her father said from the front seat in his nice, deep voice that Cailey had loved for as long as she could remember.
    Anna turned and smiled at Cailey, warmly and Cailey smiled back.

"I mean, it was on our way," Jason continued, turning the car around a sharp corner, "But you've always been so independent, even when you were a little tyke. It means a lot that you would agree to this."

Cailey nodded "It's okay Dad." It was true; Cailey was a fiercely independent person, usually only keeping Shinx for company. Ever since she was young she would look after her own problems, meeting each one head on with a grin of determination. Her father had always been thankful of that, when Mary had left him he was so worried about Cailey, but really, he had absolutely no reason to be.

Cailey looked at her reflection in the car window, examining herself. She had inherited her pretty face from her mother, as well as her shocking blonde hair. But her eyes were her fathers, deep, dark blue, with a bright blaze of determination and passion burning within. That was Cailey all over, determined and passionate. Like her father.

Soon the car began to slow and Cailey was able to see wild Pokemon outside. A couple hundred Pidgey's fed off numerous berry trees; Spearow roosted in a massive tree, looking fierce and intimidating; A couple of Pikachu's frolicked, their lightning bolt tails were raised.

"Note to self, catch one of those," Cailey murmured quietly.
    Not long after seeing the wild Pokemon, they passed a large, worn sign which told them they were entering Pallet Town. Green sloping hills made up the area, with cosy little houses dotted everywhere. Pallet Town was a peaceful place, it was on the coast, but was not a harbour town. It was quiet and welcoming, Cailey mused as they drove through the empty streets.

"Now why are we seeing this Professor Oak?" her father asked Cailey. He always referred to his and Cailey's actions as "we", so she always knew that they were one, an unbeatable pair of father and daughter.

"I told you Daddy," Cailey whined playfully "It's an invitation to anyone interested in becoming a gym leader," she explained.

"I read about that in the paper," Anna told them "It seems very intriguing, the idea of gyms and a league of trainers, making Pokemon battling itself a competition."

Cailey nodded vigorously, excitement rising in her stomach "And I'm going to be a gym leader using only electric Pokemon, just like Shinx!" she cried, gesturing to her own Pokemon who exclaimed out of joy.
    Her father and Anna chuckled fondly at Cailey, they were used to her plans and goals. There was not one yet that she had not accomplished, and they were both sure that nothing would stand in her way of achieving this particular objective.

"We know you will," Jason said with a smile, flicking on his indicator and turning up the lane which would take them to Professor Oak's lab.
    Outside the large building Cailey and her family embraced and wished each other a happy, safe journey. Anna and Jason were taking a well-deserved holiday to Cinnabar Island via a cruise ship leaving the Pallet Town docks today.

Cailey and her Shinx waved and watch the red car drive off, knowing she probably wouldn't see her family again for several months, she turned and walked up the steps and to the front door, where she knocked nosily, waiting…

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Taro and Kiga sat at the end of a small dock, jutting out into the water on the coast of pallet town. Both of their feet were hanging over the edge as they gazed out at the sea. Wind blew through Taro's hair, making him reach up to brush it out of his eyes. He deeply inhaled, taking in the salty sea air.

"Too bad we cant bring back any fish for mom and dad, huh?" He said to Kiga. "The trips a bit too long by foot. Probably would go bad by the time we got home... and the sea food from Pallet Town's supposed to be really good..."

"Munch..." Kiga replied, seeming equally dissapointed.

"Tell ya what!" Taro stated, bringing a fist down into an open hand, seeming very happy "How about later we stop by and get some ourselves! I mean, its a pity we can't bring any to them, but it would be an even bigger pity if we didn't try any when we got the chance!"

"Lax! Munchlax!" Kiga egarly replied. Taro smiled at his partner. He couldn't imagine traveling around with any other pokemon. Sure, he intended to catch more along his journey, but he was pretty sure they wouldn't have as strong of a bond as the two of them had.

Taro's Poke'Gear began beeping, and looking at the device on his wrist, he noticed it was about time he should be getting to the lab. Clicking a button, he silenced the alarm, and brought up the town map. From their current position, the lab didn't seem very far away.

"Come on Kiga!" He said to his partner "Lets go become Gym Leaders!"

With that, the two raced off twords the professors lab, Taro in front, and Kiga following closely behind. They were running mostly out of excitement, and not so much because they were late. On the contrary, Taro had set the alarm a bit early, just to make sure they made it in time. Oaks lab coming into view, the two slowed down, now walking up the steps to the door, where a girl with a shinx awaited them.

"Hey." Taro said as a simple form of a welcome. He had assumed the girl had already knocked, so the pair simply waited for the professor to respond.

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
  • "Today's the day Surge! Are you ready!?" Ashley looked down at her Totodile as it jumped up and down excitedly. As soon as Ashley'd heard about the news about the creation of Pokemon Gyms, she knew that becoming the Gym Leader was her dream and when she'd told Surge about it, he became just as excited about it as she was.

"Just imagine... I could become the very first water-type Gym Leader!" Ashley took a deep breath of the salty air of Cinnabar Island, imagining what the future held for her. Pallet Town was just a short boat ride away, though the ride from Fruchsia City to the Seafoam Islands and then from there to Cinnabar Island had been long.

Beside her, Surge stood proudly and pointed a clawed finger at himself, saying, "Toto toto totodile." She laughed, understanding exactly what he meant. "That's right Surge. You could be the very first water-type Gym Pokemon!" She paused looking at her watch. "Whoa, we need to get going! The boat leaves in ten minutes!" Taking off at a sprint, they arrived at the docks just a few minutes till nine.

When they both standing on the deck of the ferry, Ashley wiped the sweat from her brow and gasped, "Whew. We made it just in time. It would've been lame to fail to become a Gym Leader just because I missed the boat." Noticing Surge nodding, she teased, "Well, you don't have to agree with me. I thought you were on my side. So much for loyalty!" He grinned a toothy smile and playfully nudged her arm. Matching his smile, she wondered how she could feel so close to him even though they'd only known each other for two years. She had friends that she'd known much longer than that, but there was no doubt that Surge was her best friend. She couldn't imagine a more perfect partner.

"Toto," Surge said, pointing toward something in the water.

Looking to where he was pointing, she exclaimed, "Wow, look at the Horsea! There're so cute!" A whole school of light blue Horsea were swimming together just off the port side. Ashley even thought that she could see the wing-like pectoral fins of a Seadra but couldn't tell for sure. "Wouldn't that be a good addition to our team one day!?" Surge nodded in agreement and grinned again. He knew that althought Ashley loved all kinds of water pokemon, he would always be her favorite.

Sometime later, they arrived at Pallet Town. Stretching with a yawn, Ashley muttered, "I don't know about you pal, but I'm done with boats for a while. Sure, it's fun for a while, but when you travel all the way from Fruchsia by boat, it gets a little tiring. Anyway, let's get to Professor Oak's lab." After trying at first to walk calmly to the lab, excitement got the better of them and soon they were running at full speed.

"Look! There it is!" With the wind turbine on top of the house-like building, there was no mistake. Dashing through the black, metal gate and up the walk, they soon reached the front door. A girl with a Shinx and a boy with a Munchlax were already there, apparently waiting to get in.

Surge walked boldly up to the other pokemon and greeted them with, "Toto totodile dile toto." Just behind him, Ashley said, "Hi. I'm Ashley Jackson and this is Surge. You guys going to be Gym Leaders, too?" She beamed them a smile and waited for their response.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • is that everybody? i guess so. ok, time for chapter one!

Chapter One: The Beginning.

What you must do:
    1. Get your pokedex and 5 pokeballs from Oak.
    2. Make your journey to Viridian city. But each route must take at least one post to pass.​

What you can do:
    1. Battle a trainer.
    2. Team up with a trainer.
    3. Capture a pokemon. [will be explained when the first person reaches Route One]​

*Professor Oak*​

There was a slight, rhythmic rapping at the door. "Ah, that must be the potential Gym Leaders!" Oak said to himself aloud.​

He headed from his workroom into the main lobby and jumped a the sight of three of the trainers already sitting in chairs.​

"Well, you three are eager aren't you!" Oak said jokingly while opening the door. He greeted the remaining trainers and ushered them inside.​

When everyone was inside the building Oak made his announcement.​

"Well, I'm sure you all know what you're hear for; so let's just dive straight into the matter at hand. You trainers are here because you display a good amount of power. You have been chosen to become Gym Leaders. Now, I'm not in the mood to rant; so just come up and recieve your Poke'dex and Pokeballs."​

Oak held pointed hand to a counter filled with pokeballs and Dex's.​

-----
    *Victor*​

Victor turned to the boy next to him. He grabbed the boys hand and shook it vigorously with a firm grip.​

"Nice to meet you Josh. I'm Victor." Victor gave one last tight squeeze on the boys hand before he let go. He then turned his attention to Professor Oak, who had just brought in the other trainers and started his speech.​

After listening to the rant; Victor got up and headed towards the table. He picked up his 5 Pokeballs and the Poke'dex. He fumbled around with the encyclopedia like object; trying to figure out how to work it.​

He accidentally pointed it at one of the trainers pokemon; and in turn, got a tid-bit of information.​

A Gym Leader's Journey
    Glaceon: The Fresh Snow Pokemon
    As a protective technique, it can completely freeze its fur to make its hairs stand like needles.

"Woah..." Victor said in awe of the device. "I'm gonna have fun with this thing" He again said, with a slight chuckle.​

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • (Yay, you used my Pokemon XD I'll post tomorrow, I promise... My mom's gonna blow a gasket any second, especially since I have to take a shower, so... Sorry that I can't post anything else yet...)

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Kiga blinked as a new pokemon approached him. Turning, he grinned at the Totodile and introduced himself.

"Munchlax! Munch!" He said happily, holding out a paw to shake with the Totodile. Kiga was a very sociable pokemon. He was always egar to make some friends. Taro smirked down on his partner, before turning to the trainer who had walked up.

"The names Taro. This here is my pal KIga." He said, motioning to his Munchlax. "And yah, were here to become Gym Leaders. You too huh?"

Before the girl could respond, the doors opened and they were greeted by a kind looking professor who guided them inside, and instructed them to take some pokeballs and something called a "Pokedex". While Taro was familliar with the functions of the small sphere-shaped objects, this new device was a mystery to him.

"So Prof..." He said, flipping his Pokedex's screen open. What exactly does this thing-"

He was inturrupted when he coincidentally pointed the device at Kiga, whos picture was displayed upon the screen, and the device began to narrate.

"Munchlax." The device said, in a computerized male voice "The Big Eater Pokemon. In the wild, these pokemon are known to wolf down its weight in food daily, at times without chewing. It can hide food under its long fur, but tends to forget the food is there."

"Woah..." Taro said, as the device returned to its normal screen, showing data for one 'captured' pokemon. "So, its like an encyclopedia? That talks? Cool."

"Munch..." Kiga said, crossing his arms, seemingly pouting. It appeared he was offended by what the Dex' had said about him.

"Don't worry buddy." Taro reassured him "It said in the wild they are like that. I know you are more sophisticated then the standard."

"Munch. Munchlax." Kiga replied to Taro's words, knowing Taro didn't see him that way, but still a bit burnt that the machine had said that about his kind. Even if it was a bit true...

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • -Kit-

"Thank you. Yes, I'd like to try out and become a gym leader," Kit said merrily. She then pointed towards her Glaceon. "This is Jeanne. She's been with me since I was a kid. She's a Glaceon, though I don't think there are any living in this region, nor is there any way to get one. So I'm very lucky to have her." She kindly took the Pokedex, and turned it on. She pointed it at Jeanne (even though someone else already had earlier), and read the description.

"Glaceon, the Fresh Snow Pokemon, and one of the evolved forms of Eevee. As a protective technique, it can completely freeze its fur to make its hairs stand like needles." Kit stared at her Glaceon in surprise.

"So, you're an Eevee evolution? I've heard of at least five, but... Guess there is another." Jeanne nodded, as if in agreement.

"Well, time to hit the route to Viridian!" Kit exclaimed. Jeanne smiled and nodded. Kit then grabbed the five PokeBalls that came with the Pokedex, and exited with Jeanne.

*Path to Viridian*

Kit glanced around, trying to see if any Pokemon would show up.

"I'm kinda hoping to specialize in Ice Pokemon," Kit said to her Glaceon. "but it doesn't seem like any would show up here... Wonder what we should do..." The Glaceon stared at her with a puzzled look.

"I guess we should at least get one Pokemon. For later." The Glaceon nodded again. "You like to agree with me all the time, don't you?" Kit asked Jeanne. This time, Jeanne shook her head, and Kit laughed.

"Wonder what will happen with the other trainers..." Kit muttered.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • ('Kay. *most regions don't have many Ice types; they're as scarce as Ghost, Dragon (ESPECIALLY Dragon), Steel (somewhat), and Dark types*

So, what do you mean by "being generous" to me? XD)

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • (( i'll give you an opprotunity to catch some first evolution ice types. Or maybe even a water type that can be used as Ice, like Shellder. just PM/VM me for a pokemon you want to catch and i'll accept/decline it. but remember, i play the wild pokemon battles ;]))

Gumshoe Satyr

Clone 489024-9
    Years
  • When the Munchlax spoke back to him and held out its paw, Surge grinned and shook it happily. Ashley looked proudly down at the two pokemon, glad that her Totodile had already found a new friend. She and Surge were both alike in many ways, but this was most evident in how easily they both made friends and their adventurous and enthusiatic nature.

"The names Taro. This here is my pal Kiga," the Munchlax's owner said, motioning to his pokemon. "And yah, were here to become Gym Leaders. You too huh?" Before she could answer, a kindly looking man with a lab coat opened the door and greeted them. That must be Professor Oak....

After the group had all made their way into the lab, Professor Oak announced, "Well, I'm sure you all know what you're hear for; so let's just dive straight into the matter at hand. You trainers are here because you display a good amount of power. You have been chosen to become Gym Leaders. Now, I'm not in the mood to rant; so just come up and receive your Poke'dex and Pokeballs."

By the time that Ashley received her pokedex and pokeballs, the others were each already trying out their pokedex. Pointing hers at Surge, she fumbled with the unfamiliar device muttering, "Is this how you use it?...... No, that's not right..... I got it now!" Surge's picture appeared on the screen along with a narration:

A Gym Leader's Journey
    Totodile: The Big Jaw Pokemon
    Despite the smallness of its body, Totodile's jaws are very powerful. While the Pokémon may think it is just playfully nipping, its bite has enough power to cause serious injury.

After listening to his pokedex entry, Surge experimentally put his hand in his mouth and bit gently. His eyes widening in surprise and hurt, he jerked his hand out of his mouth and waved it around in the air until it stopped hurting. Blowing on it, he looked up at Ashley in concern, his hand only slightly red. Ashley had to bite down on her tongue to keep from laughing at the comical scene.

When she could speak without giggling, she said, "Don't worry, pal. I don't think you're really dangerous. Just watch what you put in your mouth." Although he seemed to know that she secretly thought that his experiment was hilarious, he nodded and smiled, comforted. Looking around the room, she noticed that the girl with the Glaceon was gone. Wow, I guess she couldn't wait to start!

(I guess you can see that I liked how you did your pokedex entry ArmyGuy. XD)

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • Victor experimented with the device a little bit more; examining his own pokemon.

A Gym Leader's Journey
    Machop: The Superpower Pokemon
    It's muscles never cramp no matter how much it trains. It lives in the mountains away from humans.

Machop flexed it's muscles as if boasting at the Dex entry. Victor let out a small chuckle and patted Machop on the head.

"Well buddy, let's start out journey!" Victor said in a satisfied tone.

He headed out side and right on to Route 1. There were many pokemon frollicking around; but one pokemon caught Victor's eye.

A Mankey. It was jabbing the air and doing soumersalts around in the feild.

Victor opened his Pokedex to get more information.

A Gym Leader's Journey
    Mankey: The Pig-Monkey Pokemon
    It lives in treetop colonies. If one becomes enraged, the whole colony rampages for no reason.

"A great addition to my team! You ready buddy?" Victor said to his Machop. The pokemon noded in agreement and readied a battle stance.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Kit looked around, hoping to find some strong Pokemon. However, she had no luck whatsoever.

"If only there were some Ice-type Pokemon around..." Kit muttered. Her eyes then glanced over at a trainer hugging a Shellder. Kit walked over to the trainer.

"Is that a Shellder?" she asked excitedly. The trainer nodded.

"I just got it yesterday!" Noticing Jeanne, the trainer added, "What kind of Pokemon is that?"

"It's a Glaceon. It can't be found in this area, so... Do you know of any Ice type Pokemon that can be found?" The trainer looked at her with a puzzled look.

"Well... I think there IS one Ice type. But I'm not sure. It looked like a blue sphere, and it seemed to have icy colors... I'm not sure. Maybe you should try heading for Seafoam Islands. I heard you can find Lapras and Seel there." Kit thanked the trainer, then headed towards a bench. She sat down, and began to ponder what the trainer had said.

"I hope the trainer's right..." Kit muttered. "I'd need to get an Ice type as soon as possible..." She sighed. "But who knows when that'll be..."

(Huh. Just noticed something. I think of all the Ice types, Glaceon is the only one that is JUST Ice, besides Regice, of course.)

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • ((just making sure you know, you can't head to seafoam right now xD BUT i will allow you to make a post where a Seel or Speal may be swimming in a lake i guess.))

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • (I know XD Glaceon can't even swim XD I'd kinda like Spheal first...

I gotta go now; I'll see if I can get on at my mother's...)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back