• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A HUGE HG/SS QUESTION

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ Wolflare makes a good point, except did RBY have a Time Machine of their own? I can't remember as I never got to play that set of games.

Magmortified

Wherever I fly
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2009
    It's possible that, like FR/LG did, HG and SS will serve to help fill up the gaps that were left open by the move to DSi. With a console game added, it probably wouldn't be too hard to fill up your national dex and not even remember the third generation.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Well, you may need the help of the 3rd Gen games, and Pal Park with DPPt and the DS GBA slot can help with that. Unless, in the GSDS games, they make more Hoenn Pokémon appear where you won't need the 3rd Gen games, hence the Time Machine won't be needed as you can simply trade with DPPt.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    ^ Wolflare makes a good point, except did RBY have a Time Machine of their own? I can't remember as I never got to play that set of games.
    Nope. When trading in R/B/Y to G/S/C, it was done at the normal trading counter in a Pokemon Center. There wasn't any special place to trade, like G/S/C's Time Machine. The most likely reason behind this is because there were no other games to trade between except for R/B/Y.

Unless, in the GSDS games, they make more Hoenn Pokémon appear where you won't need the 3rd Gen games, hence the Time Machine won't be needed as you can simply trade with DPPt.
    There might also be a console game where some third generation Pokemon are available, like how the second generation starters could be captured in Coliseum to be transferred to the third generation games. That way, there won't be so many wild Pokemon to catch from an entirely different region.

AussieLper

Soft resetting for a good title
    Years
  • Maybe Bill will be trying to make some Global capsule instead to trade and battle online instead of with a previous game. Or maybe they're cutting off the other Pokemon.
    (Kinda like when it went from Crystal to Ruby/Sapphire).

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    If there was going to be a time machine like feature in my eyes it would likely allow migration from firered and leafgreen and then after beating the elite four and doing something similar to sevii islands in firered and leafgreen, the time machine would be upgraded so it could trade with hoenn games.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    If there was going to be a time machine like feature in my eyes it would likely allow migration from firered and leafgreen and then after beating the elite four and doing something similar to sevii islands in firered and leafgreen, the time machine would be upgraded so it could trade with hoenn games.

That would be a cool idea, but what about the Sinnoh pokemon? Wouldn't that be after the Elite as well?

AeroMaster7

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I GOT IT!
    The Time Machine!
    You transfer Pokemon from the GBA games via the Time Machine!

Okay call me dumb but if this game comes out only for the DSi HOW IN THE WORLD CAN YOU MIGRATE IF THERE'S NO GBA SLOT!? SO THAT TAKES OUT THE TIME MACHINE FACTOR!!! Unless it is compatable with the DS Lite or D/P/PT. In that case okay it can have a Time Machine like in G/S/C

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The remakes won't be made specifically for the DSi alone, it can work on any DS System. So, the Time Machine has a shot, but I don't see it happening. As for the PalPark, there is more of a chance for that to show up over the Time Machine I think.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The Time Machine wasn't used that way before though, so I wouldn't expect it to be used like that now though. It's a good though, but I can live without it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think that is getting off topic a bit, I mean the Time Machine can make a cameo, but I don't think it'll work, because Pal Park might just be added in over it.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • Ok guys,

I'm as syched as you are about the G/S remakes, but Ineed one question answered.

I REALLY, REALLY want to conquer Johto with My Current Hoenn team, Mightyena, Gardevoir and Blaziken. That'll be the only reason I'l buy the game.

So,, will I need a DSi to trade with or can I transfer via the GBA Gmaes?

An answer will be greatly appreciated.

I didn't know there existed people who would contaminate the wonderful 2nd gen with stupid 3rd gen Hoenn crap. Whatever, your choice. But we honestly know nothing more than you do. Need more info.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, a lot isn't known. Plus, the reason why either a Time Machine or Pal Park might be added is because they won't allow later GEn Pokémon to appear until after the National Dex is obtained.

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    I didn't know there existed people who would contaminate the wonderful 2nd gen with stupid 3rd gen Hoenn crap. Whatever, your choice. But we honestly know nothing more than you do. Need more info.

You sir, have problems

However having hoenn pokemon would ruin the game

Wait till kanto

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I agree, don't allow migration or trading with DPPt until after the National Dex is obtained.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'd like the Time Machine back too, but work will definitely need to be done for it to make sense in having it back.

Back