• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Game On The Way?

funrush

How's it going?
Years
  • PokePark? Really? Of all the things out there they could release (PMD Unova, Ranger Unova, RSE Remake) they decide to come out with a new PokePark. I'm very dissapointed with this announcement.

Last edited:

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    WTF POKEPARK????? The first one stunk ratings wise and it looked really, really bad and it seemed very similair to mario party minus the party. I'm mad.

At least we get a mewtwo though.

darr123

Expert trainer
    Years
  • Pokepark...Now I am annoyed, I was expecting an actual pokemon game, not that, did it even sell well?

pkmnmaster69

When will this day end?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2020
    Oh great of all things they decide to release, they decide to shove yet another Pokepark game down our throats. We havent even had a Stadium like game, a shadow pokemon game (which were underated imo) or a PMD in years and yet we get a damn sequel to a Pikachu game when the game was released just less than a year ago! Yeah big 'shocking' announcement, you did shock us Game Freak..... with yet another lame spin off

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    So...PokéPark 2 Beyond The World.

I have to say I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up too high for RS Remakes but really, shaking my head right now. 8( I never played PokéPark before and I don't recall it ever being mentioned as a well-selling game but I guess that's that. I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed though, since there wasn't enough information covered for RS Remakes or a new main series Pokémon game at all.

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    PokéPark? Never played it because I don't have Wii. I guess I wouldn't like it anyway.
    However, it was pretty obvious that no third version or RS remake would be annouced so I'm not disappointed.

Years
  • I knew it was going to be a spinoff game. Ah well, there is always next time to get excited about a new game people actually play.

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
  • Still they could've done a new Ranger, or maybe a new PMD, but they go with PokePark. I'm really wondering why they picked that over the others.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • People do not get disappointed just because of the spin off game. Remember when they revealed a shiny Pichu and a few months later they revealed HGSS. The Mewtwo might end up having something to do with a future game. Notice how a releasing a Mewtwo event is pointless. There will have to be something to make it have a point like having moves Mewtwo doesn't naturally learn or it can be in some event in a future game.

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
  • I'm not really dissapointed that it's a spinoff, it's the choice of the spinoff that irks me. They could've done so many other games.

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • People do not get disappointed just because of the spin off game. Remember when they revealed a shiny Pichu and a few months later they revealed HGSS. The Mewtwo might end up having something to do with a future game. Notice how a releasing a Mewtwo event is pointless. There will have to be something to make it have a point like having moves Mewtwo doesn't naturally learn or it can be in some event in a future game.
    i thought it was because mewtwo was going to be in the new movie?
    anyhow, bit disapointed about the announcement, i knew it would be a wii game but i was expecting more of a stadium style game... even if it was another pbr

Years
  • I hope this is not all of the announcement. D:

And like bobandbill, I'm hoping for a battle game like Colosseum/XD, I always wanted them to do something with the B/W Pokémon models from that download in the 3DS eShop.

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
    Years
  • Seriously, I am bitterly disappointed by this. I didn't even know about the first Poke'Park and now they go make a second! This "Shocking News" had the potential to be about a game that is actually GOOD and not a freaking spin-off.

Well if this has taught me anything it is to NEVER get my hopes up about a Poke'mon announcement again.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Oh great of all things they decide to release, they decide to shove yet another Pokepark game down our throats. We havent even had a Stadium like game, a shadow pokemon game (which were underated imo) or a PMD in years and yet we get a damn sequel to a Pikachu game when the game was released just less than a year ago! Yeah big 'shocking' announcement, you did shock us Game Freak..... with yet another lame spin off
    I'm not really dissapointed that it's a spinoff, it's the choice of the spinoff that irks me. They could've done so many other games.
    Hang on a sec there, you two. Pretty sure Game Freak (or 'They which sounds like you're blaming them, funrush, or anyways indicating there's one company in charge) isn't making PokePark 2 here. Although they apparently have some say in what happens (along with obviously the Pokemon Company itself) ultimately all they make the main handhelds games - they don't make the DS spinoffs like Ranger and PMD and they don't touch the Wii either. If you check wikipedia Creatures Inc. is the developer here, not Game Freak, so blame them. =p Note Stadium is kinda a dead series now and the ones who made PBR as well as the Shadow Pokemon games are Genius Sonority, who are still about but haven't announced any pans (yet anyways - who knows).

At any rate don't worry too much about it - just have to wait for something better to come along is all, which will happen sooner or later.
    I hope this is not all of the announcement. D:

And like bobandbill, I'm hoping for a battle game like Colosseum/XD, I always wanted them to do something with the B/W Pokémon models from that download in the 3DS eShop.
    Sadly I think that is basically the gist of the announcement. (Someone else reminded me they had an announcement like this over the Cubchoo event as well, so... there's no 'need' for there to be more or anything than what we have. =/)

I think sooner or later we will get a new battle sim/home console RPG, but when is another matter. Maybe they want to wait for the Wii U for instance? Given generations are only roughly four years long though... I wouldn't expect it to take too long if it does happen for gen 5.
    Seriously, I am bitterly disappointed by this. I didn't even know about the first Poke'Park and now they go make a second! This "Shocking News" had the potential to be about a game that is actually GOOD and not a freaking spin-off.

Well if this has taught me anything it is to NEVER get my hopes up about a Poke'mon announcement again.
    Note the Cubchoo event was also supposedly shocking news. As was the existence of a Pichu with strange looking ears. =p But at any rate the last bit was something I had said earlier... ;p It doesn't just apply about Pokemon games too - apply it to any sort of stuff as well as expectations with other games (Brawl for instance suffered badly for some people who overhyped it).

Zeroblivion

Brotherhood
    Years
  • It might be in Gen 5, 6 or 7.
    It is a RSE remake, and I got pictures from it.
    My cousin and I talked about it last 5 months.
    But for me, I think NO. The graphics are actually good this time. I would prefer the Generation 1 and 2 remakes. Also especially Yellow, I never heard a remake of the Yellow Version.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It might be in Gen 5, 6 or 7.
    It is a RSE remake, and I got pictures from it.
    My cousin and I talked about it last 5 months.
    But for me, I think NO. The graphics are actually good this time. I would prefer the Generation 1 and 2 remakes. Also especially Yellow, I never heard a remake of the Yellow Version.
    Got pictures of what...? If you're saying you somehow have pictures of RS remaks 5 months ago which nobody else knows, then plase don't try that claim. =/ If not then... more clarity please? Also 'what' might be in gen 5/6/7? That statement can apply to nearing any potential Pokemon game. =/

Gen 1 and 2 already have remakes though. =/ And Yellow won't get its own remake - only way it differs that's worth mentioning to RB is that you started with pikachu and got the three starters as well, and Jessie/James were minor characters. Not a reason for them to do a remake just on that when they have FRLG, especially as Game Freak stopped using stuff from the anime since Yellow. (Case in point - new islands in FR/LG near Kanto? Nope, not the Orange islands but Game Freak's own creation in the Sevii islands which have naught to do with that anime creation). Similar deal with Crystal, only there most of the Crystal exclusive events are already in HGSS as it is (Battle Tower (+ extensions now), Beuna, the whole Eusine/Suicune subplot...). You can basically treat HGSS as Crystal remakes.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • I didn't want to get excited, but now I'm anticipating a Colosseum or R/S remake.

...I would kill for a Pokemon Stadium 3 God I love those minigames.

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
  • Hang on a sec there, you two. Pretty sure Game Freak (or 'They which sounds like you're blaming them, funrush, or anyways indicating there's one company in charge) isn't making PokePark 2 here. Although they apparently have some say in what happens (along with obviously the Pokemon Company itself) ultimately all they make the main handhelds games - they don't make the DS spinoffs like Ranger and PMD and they don't touch the Wii either. If you check wikipedia Creatures Inc. is the developer here, not Game Freak, so blame them. =p Note Stadium is kinda a dead series now and the ones who made PBR as well as the Shadow Pokemon games are Genius Sonority, who are still about but haven't announced any pans (yet anyways - who knows).
    Really? Wow, I guess I was wrong. Thanks for bringing that up BobandBill, I didn't know that.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Now, looking back on when I played PokéPark Wii it was actually really fun & addictive so I'm looking forward to the second edition now makes me wanna complete the first which I will now probally do!

Back