• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Professor in Town - Kanto Adventure PG13 OOC Thread

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    @Bulletproof - It would be sad to lose you again, like Zeph says I wouldn't expect as many posts over exam periods... I have my own A Levels coming up. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck in your GCSE's. :)

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
    Years
    Here's my SU… I'm still not sure which starter's are available and whatnot, and I hope that nothing I put in history will interfere with the current storyline :)

Name: Dallas Bainbridge

Appearance: Dallas, when compared to other kids, is just above average in height, and just below average in weight. His hair, which used to be long, shaggy and of a beautiful golden color, is now about only a centimeter long, and his ever-present smile, is gone. He still retains the very fair light blue color of his eyes, and prominent dimples on his cheeks.

While he no longer lives by the farm, Dallas has always had the habit of wearing his straw hat. Thanks to this, his face rarely ever gets sunburnt, a fact that he appreciates. Dallas is also fond of wearing shorts, which he's started sagging lately, and any shirt with anything on it that could offend the person in front of him. He is especially fond of his '****' T-shirt, which says the F-word in front, and has a drawing of a hand flicking the middle finger on the back. He'll wear hoodies, but prefers jackets… leather jackets.

Personality: In a nutshell, Dallas is really only an inconvenience. He is a very crude person, with a very crude manner of thinking, and a crude vocabulary. He is vulgar, inappropriate, and over anything unreliable. Whereas he was a very bright young boy back home in Johto, responsible, caring, sweet, concerned… Hoenn seems to bring out the worst in him.

Although somewhat of a social outcast, Dallas is by no means a loner. As a matter of fact, he has very good leader qualities, and is able to keep a lot of friends with him at all times, however, no would ever describe him, as of now, as a "good friend". He is more like "that one guy who a lot of people look up to, but you should still seriously check if he's sane".

History: Dallas Bainbridge was born in a solitary and peaceful ranch in the outskirts of the city of Ecruteak. However, about five years ago, his family had to move, due to his father's new work, to a completely different place. In the tropical region of Hoenn, the Bainbridges now live in the metropolis that is Rustboro City.

Wade, Dallas' father, works at Devon Corporation on a top-secret project. While at first Dallas had been looking forward to the change to the city from the farm, it soon became apparent to him that his relationship with his dad would never be the same. Frustrated at his dad's apparent lack of attention towards him, Dallas began to rebel when he became thirteen, seeking to get in trouble with authority figures to get the attention he missed.

While he never intended to be hurtful to his family though, he was, and in the blink of an eye, his mom grabbed his sister and left, leaving Dallas by himself in the house. Unsure as to why his mom had abandoned him, and after coming to the conclusion that his dad didn't care for him any more, Dallas continued with his problematic ways. His father, on the other hand, worried over his son's rebellious attitude but already occupied by his work in Devon Corp. quickly instigated a meeting between the president of Devon Corp. and his son, which resulted in Dallas leaving on a journey, one that his dad hopes will help him mature and become a man.

Dallas lives with his father Wade (46). His mom Lynn (42), and his little sister, Brooke (13) left very recently though, but Dallas doesn't seem to care much.

Starter Choice: Psyduck

RP Sample: From Fera's Alter Ipse Amicus:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

slls81

Years
    @greyfish - Yeah that looks fine. Could you tell me more about this 'prototype' Dallas has got from Devon corp please? Oh, and the only starter remaining is Psyduck.

@Thorns - Sorry, but greyfish just filled the final spot available. However, another spot might become available soon, depending on Bulletproofs decision... so keep your eyes open :)

King!

better
    Years
    I just wanted to tell you that you had created an amazing role play and every single person in this role play is also amazing (:
    I shall give you snaps.
    *snap* *snap*
    Since there is only one spot left and two people want it I will just save the trouble and wait intill you guys go to the next region unless someone drops out and you need a fill-in.
    But, yea, I just wanted to say that I have loved loved loooooooooooved this role play (:

O:< Back off, buddy, I'M the #1 Fan of this RP. But thanks...I know I'm amazing... *sniffle*

ANYWAYS......
    xD *snap snap snap snap*

slls81

Years
    ok guys, seeing as the original version of this is now a few pages back and many of you haven't reached the police station yet, I thought I'd repost the Aqua/Magma post :)

As you know there are two criminal organisations currently active in Hoenn. Here's a quick overview of the two teams:

Team Aqua: A criminal organisation whose ultimate aim is to expand the amount of water in the world. They have attempted on many occasions to track down and capture the legendary pokémon Kyogre, but have never been successful. The group spends a lot of money trying to locate and track Kyogre and are known to operate in the pokémon black market to fund this.

Team Magma: A group of villains attempting to expand the landmass of Hoenn. Team Magma are much less organised than their rivals Team Aqua, as well as being much smaller in terms of size. While they aim to capture the legendary pokémon Groudon, their lack of funds has never allowed a sustained effort to do so. It is rumoured that Team Magma have recently begun trading on the black market in order to try and raise the money they need to truly compete with Team Aqua.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    I wasn't sure if elementary would fit in with the situation :P "My dear Wattson" was it really...

Also, does my character need to go back to the Police Station?

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Man, we need to get some more discussion going on in here. First of all, new card (didn't jpeg it this time :P)

A New Professor in Town - Kanto Adventure PG13 OOC Thread

Second, ae we gonna get a mega epic showdown at magma/Aqua HQ? I've kinda already started planning one in my head :P

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Second the epic showdown idea. A chance for all the characters to work together :B

On another note, I'm planning a post for the current route ;)

slls81

Years
    Second, ae we gonna get a mega epic showdown at magma/Aqua HQ? I've kinda already started planning one in my head :P

Second the epic showdown idea. A chance for all the characters to work together :B

On another note, I'm planning a post for the current route ;)

@ILAYM - Thanks for the card :)

As for the Magma/Aqua showdown... well yeah that's kind of the point xD The Aqua showdown in particular is a nice big arc which is probably really over done, but sounds cool in my head xD

edit: If anyone wants to join, we have like 3 places available now as people have dropped out. Summer holidays coming up, so lots of free time... perfect for RPing! :D

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, OH MY GOSH! I have been waiting FOREVER for you to say that there is available spots! My school year ends next Friday, so if there is still a spot available I WOULD FLIPPEN LOVE TO JOIN. (: But, I literally haven't role played in like a month D:

grey†fish

Years
    @slls: I know I haven't posted yet, and that it's been a long time since I was accepted, and for that I'm sorry, it is the end of the year and I'm trying to not fail anymore classes :\
    I also probably won't be able to post until Friday at the earliest (save a miracle happens and my teacher goes crazy, handing A's to everyone in class on the way out), but…

did I get kicked out, am I about too, or did you just forget to put my profile in the first page???

sorry for the lack of communication, and here's hoping that I'll still have a chance because I've read through most of this RP, and it would be a shame for me if I didn't get to contribute :(

slls81

Years
    @slls: I know I haven't posted yet, and that it's been a long time since I was accepted, and for that I'm sorry, it is the end of the year and I'm trying to not fail anymore classes :\
    I also probably won't be able to post until Friday at the earliest (save a miracle happens and my teacher goes crazy, handing A's to everyone in class on the way out), but…

did I get kicked out, am I about too, or did you just forget to put my profile in the first page???

sorry for the lack of communication, and here's hoping that I'll still have a chance because I've read through most of this RP, and it would be a shame for me if I didn't get to contribute :(

I had kind of assumed that you had lost inerest since you hadn't posted, but if you want to continue then I'll add you back in.

@Iwasapony - Yep spots are available, feel free to post an SU in this thread. The SU form can be found in the first post in the main thread.

Main Thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=160981

grey†fish

Years
    I had kind of assumed that you had lost inerest since you hadn't posted, but if you want to continue then I'll add you back in.

@Iwasapony - Yep spots are available, feel free to post an SU in this thread. The SU form can be found in the first post in the main thread.

Main Thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=160981

Sweet! :D

I still won't be able to post for a while, but I'm glad I'm still in, and I'll try to post asap :)

pokemonmastertriplex

the ultamite pokemon master
    Years
    characters name:lukas
    appearence:black spiky hair just a plain t shirt black jeans and his accesory is a watch
    pesronallity:a kind caring trustworthy trainer cares for pokemon alot and other trainers
    history:lukas grew up in pallet town lived with his mother his dad was always away because he was a gym leader he didnt leave pallet town at 10 because he wasnt ready for his journey yet he studied in pokemon trainer school longer
    he really loved pokemon since he was a kid he cared for pokemon helped them when they were injured or sick he alot of times played with the wild pokemon alot to but some would try to attack him.
    starter:a pikachu

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hm, by counting the people above me, it looks like there's no spot available now, or is there? :p

I've never roleplayed, but I'm eager to try. I'll try and post pretty often, I'm usually online a bit every day or so.

Do new players start in Hoenn now, instead of Kanto?

Name: Keira Sodar

Appearance:
    Keira never cared much for appearances. Which might seem a bit weird, since her parents aren't exactly short of money. Her mother have always bought her fancy clothes and accessories to wear, and she used to wear whatever she gave her. Since about the time she became a teenager though, she doesn't put on everything her mother buys for her. Rather, she dresses herself simply and comfortably most of the time, which looks very boyish with loose jeans or big trousers as well as t-shirts and expensive hoodies.

Image!

When outside, she wears a white cap on top of her sandy brown hair, which is held up in a loose knot or ponytail most of the time. She has a lot of jackets to choose from, but when she can, she uses her favourite light blue one to wear outdoors. Her eyes are a yellowish brown color, and she's got plenty of freckles on her nose and cheeks. Her face is still pretty childish, as well as her other… let's say womanly features. Guys say she's cute in a way, girls say she's a tomboy. She only measures about 162 centimetres.

Personality/history: Keira is what you'd call a good girl. She's well mannered, and has never gotten into a fight or an argument with anybody. She would love to make friends with the cool kids in town who have got their own pokémon, but this is a bit tough as it is, since Keira doesn't even go to school. She's homeschooled by a very old man her parents pay to teach her to write and do maths and everything. She looks a bit gangsta and tomboyish on the outside, but she sure doesn't seem that way when you talk to her. She's never the one to speak up, though she dreams of one day being strong and famous but knows it's foolish.

Since Keira hasn't got any friends, aside from her anciently old teacher and her somewhat creepy butler whom she calls Butler, she can sometimes be seen as weirdly timid or peculiar and she tends to wonder about life a lot. Both hers and others' lives. She's also curious about Pokémon, and has always admired the kids who has some. But she wouldn't dare to bother her parents about getting a pokémon pet or even to go visit the Safari Zone. She's fascinated by them, but at the same time a bit scared.

The reason why she's never gotten any pokémon for herself, not even when most of the other kids did at age 10, is her uncle. Her uncle is the reason his parents don't even like Pokémon. They have a gardener, a cook and Butler, but no pet pokémon. This uncle is the twin of Keira's father, and he got himself a pokémon when he was young. Now he's a pokémon trainer, somewhere far away, and he's never heard of and not often spoken of. Keira doesn't really know why her parents dislike her uncle or pokémon in general so much. She just figures she'd better not even ask.

Starter Choice: Give us a wildcard? :3

RP sample:
    Spoiler:

But, if slots are filled, I'll withdraw meself into ze cornerh...

Last edited:
    Back