• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A New Professor in Town - Kanto Adventure PG13 OOC Thread

slls81

What does that even mean?
    Years
    @pokemontriplemasterx - You need to bulk up that SU before I can accept it. Red Hawt Chibi Pepper's SU above is a good indication of the sort of length and detail I'm looking for in an SU.

@Red Hawt Chibi Peppers - That looks good for a first Sign Up. We're quite far into Hoenn now, so it's probably best just to jump in where we are now. If you want to write a quick overview of what happened so far that's fine, but not completely necessary. Tbh we've had so many changes this region, a wildcard will be absolutely fine. So yeah you are accepted, I'll send you a list of available pokemon so far and you can choose up to four from the list :).

Note:
    Anyone who wants to join really needs to read at least post #1019 of the main roleplay (which can be found at the link below). We have a couple of big arcs revolving around what happens in this post, so you really need to be up to speed for it to make sense :)

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5370028&highlight=robert#post5370028

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Alright, I'll do my best to write quality posts then, since you accept me without an RP sample. Thanks!

I'll just try and read as much of your Hoenn progress as I can, before I write up some kind of a summary or at least an explanation of Kiro's progress so far.

Should I still choose only one pokémon?

slls81

Years
    Alright, I'll do my best to write quality posts then, since you accept me without an RP sample. Thanks!

I'll just try and read as much of your Hoenn progress as I can, before I write up some kind of a summary or at least an explanation of Kiro's progress so far.

Should I still choose only one pokémon?

No, you can have up to 4 pokemon, I thought I PM'd you a list of available pokemon? If not I can resend it to you :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No, I got it, I just wanted to make sure ^^

Starting at route 111 then?

I'd like him to have Slakoth, Wingull and Geodude, if that's ok. I guess his starter would be Wingull then. And she's female :)

slls81

Years
    No, I got it, I just wanted to make sure ^^

Starting at route 111 then?

I'd like him to have Slakoth, Wingull and Geodude, if that's ok. I guess his starter would be Wingull then. And she's female :)

You can have a wild card starter of any basic pokemon (within reason), the rest were just what you could have captured so far. So if you want something else as a starter, feel free. :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If I can start right up on route 111, I promise to write a good, decent lengthy post explaining lots of things while trying hard not to get boring :]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'll try and get it up soon, but I've got school at 2 pm and if I can't get it up before that, I'm more likely to post it tomorrow :/ or tonight XD

Thanks again! And don't be too hard on me in the beginning... this will be my first RP post ever ^^

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nice to meet you too, I've seen you a lot of times, Misfortune.

I posted in the RP thread! omgomgomg

Years
    I THINK spots are still open, because it looked like they were. If they aren't though, you can just pretend I never posted this >>

Name: Damian Johnson

Appearance:
    Damian stands at a height of about five feet and eleven inches. He has a light peach complexion. Damian's built pretty averagely. He's at a nice weight for his size and he doesn't really have any muscle because he doesn't exercise much at all, though nor does he have a belly. He probably only doesn't have such a belly because he eats very healthy foods. Damian has shaggy dark brown hair that is very straight and generally hangs in front of his eyes. Damian's eyes are blue, and he doesn't need to wear contacts or glasses. Damian generally tries to keep a clean appearance about his entire body and face, so he shaves when he needs to.

For clothing, Damian likes to wear simple things. Most often he will be seen wearing a white shirt and a zip up hoodie over that, normally of a black color. Damian generally wears blue jeans that are tattered at the bottom because they're rather long and he normally ends up walking on them. Damian wears average sneakers for shoes, a pair that he's had a while and are comfortable for travel but aren't falling apart just yet. He wears a necklace with a ring on it that was his grandfather's, but other than that he has no accessories.

Personality:
    Damian is a very easy going person. He likes to relax and have fun, and isn't really too keen on being super serious all the time. While he can be serious when he has to be, Damian would much rather prefer to be laughing with a few good friends. Generally Damian is an outgoing person, but if he's on edge or annoyed he can come across as a quiet or shy type. Damian is also very loyal, and cares deeply for the people close to him. He likes to take on a protector type of role if anyone he cares about is in trouble, though that could be a major flaw because he never really thinks through the consequences. He's a bit quick to action, but a great friend nonetheless.

History:
    The odd thing about Damian is that he should have gotten a Pokemon when he was 10, but he didn't. He was very excited to get one as well, and couldn't wait for the opportunity. The problem that arose was when his little sister got sick. It was just before he was supposed to leave, and his father had left to go to Celadon City to get medicine. Damian's mother was working quite often, so really he was the only one who could take care of her. Damian was reluctant and a bit put off about it at first, but finally decided to stay for the benefit of his family. About a week or so later, she made a complete recovery but it was too late for Damian's journey. He has waited for the opportunity ever since, but doesn't hold a grudge or anything against his little sister.

Starter Choice: Not really sure what I should put here. Should I put a random Pokemon or something else?

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

pokemonmastertriplex

the ultamite pokemon master
    Years
    @pokemontriplemasterx - You need to bulk up that SU before I can accept it. Red Hawt Chibi Pepper's SU above is a good indication of the sort of length and detail I'm looking for in an SU.

@Red Hawt Chibi Peppers - That looks good for a first Sign Up. We're quite far into Hoenn now, so it's probably best just to jump in where we are now. If you want to write a quick overview of what happened so far that's fine, but not completely necessary. Tbh we've had so many changes this region, a wildcard will be absolutely fine. So yeah you are accepted, I'll send you a list of available pokemon so far and you can choose up to four from the list :).

Note:
    Anyone who wants to join really needs to read at least post #1019 of the main roleplay (which can be found at the link below). We have a couple of big arcs revolving around what happens in this post, so you really need to be up to speed for it to make sense :)

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=5370028&highlight=robert#post5370028

but ive never been accepted into an rp on pc ive never even had my rps approved i hate my life:(

may as well just leave pokecommunity

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2010
    A little out of practice, but let's give this a shot. Noticed slots opened up recently and hoping one's still left for me :P

Name: Socha DePorte
    Appearance:
    Indiscriminate in a shuffling crowd of trainers, Socha's rather ordinary. She stands at a healthy 5'4'' with a lithe figure best described as petite, admittedly self-conscious about her height (but milk will always be her enemy), much time spent in the sun giving her the start of an olive stain, a slow tan lightly darkening her regularly pale skin. Hazel tresses, falling to her shoulder blades without constraint, are commonly pulled into a pony tail, short bangs loosely falling to scatter the fine line of her brow. Sunglasses are a common accessory, sport designed, resting either atop her scalp or on the bridge of her nose to cover viridian orbs.

Still ordinary in attire, Socha tries to maintain simplicity. A regular crimson shirt suits her taste, paired with grass-stained jeans rolled up to her ankle, fitted with a loose belt weaved around her thin waist. Pouches line the leather material, finding purchase in straps, usually containing miscellaneous items of interest for her journey: Pokeballs, Potions, TMs, etc. Small objects that need to be easily accessed find homes in these pouches, while larger tools fit into her dark backpack, strap slung diagonally from her right shoulder. Overall, she's unusually sensible with her outfit choice, preferring rationality to fashion. It is suspected her parents had a healthy hand in deciding her regular traveler wear...

Personality: Socha has not the capacity to be lazy or apathetic; a being of pure ethereal, surreal energy, her opportunities for rest and relaxation are few and far between, a taxing attribute for those who associate with her and her abundant enthusiasm. Some would deem her a refreshing presence while just as many others would oppose her as an irritation and she's shrugged both reactions, content to be as she feels, a bit of an independent spirit. While she can handle being alone, Socha enjoys company to break the solidarity of silence, claiming friends break up loneliness and make simple tasks "fun." In that regard, like several others, Socha is fairly simple minded, understanding the superficial details with great loyalty while the more subtle meanings may escape her.

All fair, in her opinion, since she's aware her own practices of subliminal are very rusty. Obvious to a fault, honest her very definitive virtue, Socha is blunt and has figured evading a direct point really only serves to muddle her definition. Sure, others are eloquent speakers, however, as an orator, Socha lacks grace in speech and can come off as a bit idiotic. Her actions really do assist, always going with her first option, rarely sparing question for plan B. Luckily, Socha's inherited some very nice trainer instinct from her father that'll hopefully keep her live and kicking for the duration of her adventure. Beyond her on-point delivery, she carries a nice demeanor, easy smile, carefree sparkle to emerald eyes, and a bit of an empty gaze, eyelids fulfilled with ambition images for the possible future, a thing of optimism.

History:
    Like ten-year-olds scattered throughout most of Kanto, Socha was suppose to receive her starter from Professor Oak some five years prior to the present. It was simplicity for simplicity sake and her parents were sure to arrange it as such, weary of their only child's perchance for whining and tantrums whenever she was denied, for whatever reason. With a family friend who owned a Dodrio, Socha would travel from Pewter City to Pallet, knock on Professor Oak's door, and await the start of her new life. The problem? At some point during the short pilgrimage, Socha had lost her way with her supervision, she'd tripped over a Rattata, and, while she did find Pallet with the Rattata hot on her heels, a poorly placed rock had upset the girl's balance and she was launched, nose-first, into Professor Oak's door... Minutes before a very outraged Rattata hopped onto her back, sharp fangs flashing in the sunlight.

A simple journey quickly devolved into a pathetic one, with Socha passed out on Professor Oak's door, broken nose addling her and slight scars tearing her torso. With such displays of capability and intelligence (coughcough), Oak kindly asked the child to reconsider starting a journey now and, since her head was swarming with the lilting effects of painkillers, she'd dazedly nodded, grasping her bag of ice closer to her fractured nose. Later, she'd recognized her clumsy mistake as a horrible missed chance. Socha was patient, though, and Professor Maple's offer couldn't have come sooner for the regretful fifteen-year-old.

Starter Choice:
    Abra w/Secret Power
    Pokemon on Hand: Geodude
    Poochyena
    Seedot

RP Sample:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Sorry about the second set of spoilers in my RP sample. It's suppose to be continuous, but that second pair of tags refuse to be deleted :/

Last edited:

slls81

Years
    @Frostbite - Yep that looks fine, accepted. For the starter choice... yeah its a wildcard, so pretty much any basic level pokemon you want (not legendary or uber i.e. dratini etc.).

@Digital Remnants- You're accepted too, but why did you type your SU in white? lol Made it a little awkward to read. :P In regards to Abra, maybe you could get an Abra with Knock Off or possibly Secret Power?

@Both of you -
    I think it would be best if you jump in at the current point in the RP. (Mauville) I'll send you both a list of available pokemon so far in the RP. You can choose up to 3 more pokemon that you would have caught up to the current point in the RP. If you want to write a brief summary of your journey so far feel free, but it isn't essential.

Oh, and Sign Up's are now closed.

Back