• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A newbee ; In need of help

zekrom333

The master of legendary zekrom
Years
  • hello i'm new at Pokemon Community. i am good at mapping(Basic mapping & extreme mapping) a novice at basic scripting; Good for nothing at spriting.:3c:3c:3c . Can anyone suggest me some way to learn spriting & scripting.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Hey zekrom333, welcome to PC!

It's fine if you're new at that stuff cause I'm no expert on it. Haha. If you need help with mapping, scripting, or spiriting, one of the best places to learn is at Game Development . That's probably the best section next to the Emualtion & ROM Hacking section above it. You can find a whole bunch of sub-forums on scripting there. And there's many helpful users and tutorials for all things on building a game. If you have further questions you can ask them there or just contact the moderator of the section, Maruno and he can help you too as well. Developing a game must be hard. I have never really tried it myself, but I get that not everyone's an expert at it. :)

If you need anything else related to the forums as a whole, you can always post your questions in the Questions & Feedback section. Alot of the members and staff are helpful so you can find the answers to anything you may have a concern with there. Or you can always give feedback on things that we can improve here or to make suggestions of what we can add. Anyway, I do hope I see you around here. This place has lots to explore so I say make the best of it. You can find a lot of fun topics to post in that way and even find people who share something in common. And once you find things in common with someone, you can always start chatting with them and be their friend. Don't be shy to talk to people. I'm always open to chat just so you know. :) Hope the journey here is fun and something you remember! Catch you later!

Years
  • While I'm sadly not a hacker you probably will find a lot of things looking through the Emulation board, which is definitely the place I'd recommend. We have a lot of hackers on PC and they're all concentrated around that area so it'll be your best friend during your stay here. There's a Tutorials subforum there where you should be able to find a guide or two on scripting; check that out! Anything related to spriting would probably fall under the Pixel Art board though, and there are some nifty guides/help threads over there to help you get started. ♥ From what I've seen we have some really talented spriters so be sure to take that to your advantage and poke around the art boards. I'm a non-pixel digital artist so I can't help out on the spriting note either, but it does seem a really fun thing that I'd love to get into. Maybe we can both learn together, yeah? o/

You're already ahead of a lot of the beginning hackers since you have knowledge in other departments so I'm sure you'll get there in no time. I'm available to help you find things if you're confused about the forum so keep that in mind if you ever get really lost and need someone to show you the ropes. Aaaand I also hope you'll end up as an active community regular outside hacking! It's great that you've found something to keep you busy here but there's a whole, whole lot more to PC than just that. Just something to consider. n~n;

Welcome to the forum and stick around! It's great meeting you.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Hai zekrom and welcome to PC ^^
    I see that my fellow awesome PC members already answered your questions, so all I'm left with is welcoming you ^-^
    I hope you find what you're looking for and that you have fun in the process ^^
    PC is a place that will simply draw you in to the point you won't want to leave xD
    I actually started being interested in this one fan-made game and eventually settled in the Challenges section and just never left ^^
    Spoiler:

anyways ^-^
    enjoy yourself ^^

zekrom333

The master of legendary zekrom
    Years
  • Thanks cirno , or ur appreciation; it boosted my anxiety to hack a rom. Thanks

thanks Kagamichan , for ur wise words. Ok i'll take ur advice Miss Kagamichan

Last edited:
    Back