• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Pokémon Journey: The Road to Victory [OOC]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
  • Name: Elizabeth Cooper
  • Nickname: (optional) Liz/Lizzy/Cooper/The Coop
  • Place of Birth: Saffron City
  • Appearance: (I require at least 2 paragraphs)
Lizzy is five foot four with long red hair that she most often wears back in a ponytail under her favourite green visor with a white band. With a pale complexion, green eyes and a smattering of freckles she could easily be considered attractive or "cute". Her hair has a natural curl to it and is very thick, becoming bushy and unmanageable in strong heat or humidity. With her fair skin she also burns very easily in harsh sunlight.

Lizzy generally prefers to dress in loose and comfortable dresses that compliment her colouring and help her stay cool. For her possible journey however she has elected to dress in more sensible attire. Solid brown hiking boots, blue trousers with zips three quarters of the way up each leg allowing for the trousers to be converted to shorts. A solid black belt is adorned with a stylized pair of silver wings on the buckle(http://www.anaspides.net/images/ana...american_wings/w137_air_gunner_wing_front.jpg).

A collection of t-shirts and vests, primarily green or white in colouring, are worn under a sleeveless white hoodie that usually has the hood kept down since it catches on her visor. Around her left wrist is a charm bracelet that is made up of coloured threads, beads, playing card symbols and, disturbingly, what seems to be very small bones, sewn together.

Personality: (I require at least 2 paragraphs)

Lizzy has had to develop a strong personality. Her mother has passed away and father is an unsuccessful gambler who spends nights in the local gambling halls and his days sleeping, meaning that Lizzy has had to primarily take care of herself. She has a sensible demeanour and can often be accussed of being excessively serious. She has no true friends and can often be distant around those her own age, unsure how to act around them. She is much more comfortable around adults but is ultimately lonely.

Lizzy holds no strong opinions regarding pokemon, finding them primarily to be a distraction that the world is unnecessarily obsessed with. She views those who venture into the world at such a young age to pursue a dream filled with danger as irresponsible youths that society irresponsibly indulges. Pokemon break families apart through distance.
  • History: (I require at least 2 paragraphs)
Lizzy's mother was an aspiring pilot in the Kanto region, working to establish economic trade air-channels between the Kanto and the Unova region. When Lizzy was four years old, her mothers aircraft was attacked in the air by pokemon and unfortunately, Lizzy's mother did not survive. Afterwards her father entered something of a downward spiral, turning to alcohol and gambling. In no way abusive towards Lizzy, whom he still loves dearly, he has just never recovered enough to be able to care for both of them properly.

As Lizzy grew older she took over the household duties, the cleaning, cooking and other assorted chores. She began taking on part time work around the city to help support her and her father, but with his gambling even this was only a minor help. Although Lizzy has never blamed pokemon for her mothers death, it has tainted her view of them to be somewhat negative.

Recently, Lizzy received a mysterious letter suggesting that she embark on a pokemon journey of her own. Initially resentful of the idea, she has slowly come around to the possibility when she began to think of the possible money involved. The cash that can change hands as a result of pokemon battles could often be staggering, especially as one became succesful. Gym battles and even the championships were well known for having substantial cash prizes, along with the (so far as Lizzy is concerned) irrelevant badges and accolades. Finally making the decision to at least see what was involved, she set off, turning one of her mothers pilots badges into a decorative belt buckle in the hope that she could carry her mothers adventerous spirit with her.

• Extra Information: I've always found it interesting that the games never reference just how much CASH pokemon trainers seem to make. Once you get past the first few routes, you can be earning hundreds or even thousands of 'pokedollars' per battle. The idea of someone going on a pokemon journey purely for fiscal reasons is one that appealed to me, so that's why Lizzy's story is focused around money.
  • Due to the nature of Lizzy's backstory, I would ideally like her starter pokemon to be a flying type (or a pokemon that involves into a flying type), but it's just a preference and entirely up to the GM.

• Role-Play Sample: (optional)
Lizzy strolled along the road, resting her thumbs along her belt buckle as she walked. Her thick ponytail bobbed and swayed behind her with every step and her backpack bounced against the small of her back. Was she really doing this, setting out on a pokemon journey of all things? She had spent so many years speaking out against them that it now seemed nothing less than hypocritical to be going on one of her own. And it was so unlike her to be putting stock in a 'mysterious letter' that seemed nothing less than dodgy.

But she had reached a point where there needed to be a change. She couldn't continue to work for minimum wage trying to support both her and her father, not for the rest of her life. There had been a variety of more sensible "ways out" she could have taken, and yet she'd grabbed onto this one... why? Perhaps because it would take her the furthest from the life she had grown to feel stifled in, or maybe the vague nature of it felt less restricting than other, more laid out, paths she could have taken.

Sighing she shook her head and held tightly onto her belt buckle. It was just a battered old badge she had fastened onto her belt, but it was a source of strength for her as she walked these unknown roads, not knowing what was going to meet her around the next corner.

Elizabeth Cooper on a pokemon journey... who would have thought?

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Oh, nice! I do love your characters Linc, they've always got some kind of deepness to them that makes you feel that you've only just scratched the surface.

When (Oh yes, I fully expect you to be accepted ;P) you're in, would you wanna have Aaron and Lizzy do a team battle together against some wild Pokémon? Would be alot more fun than just me posting about beating some Pokéman. Not to mention, a fire and a flying type would compliment each other really well :3

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
I definitely don't want to see this RP die - the idea behind it is way too good.
I'll post my SU sometime tonight. :)

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
Years
I just wanted to apologize for my absence everyone. I promise I will try my best to keep this RP alive, and I just wanted to update you all that I have time to accept any SUs that have been posted or will be posted by tomorrow night. So please it up soon! I am really busy, but if you are accepted then you can get caught up with the posts in the IC, and I will probably have the next part for the story up this Weekend (Saturday or Sunday) or Monday.

Without further ado...

Lincoln West your SU has been accepted! Please visit the IC thread and get your posts in when you can. You will be assigned Pidgey, and I will get to changing the information for your character right away. Glad to have you with us. c:

MattyJ

Serial Procrastinator
Years
  • Name: Joseph Calenture
  • Nickname: (optional) Joey
  • Place of Birth: Cinnabar Island

• Appearance: (I require at least 2 paragraphs)
Standing just shy of six foot tall, Joey weighs in at just over 165lbs. He's not incredibly well built, but there is some definition around his muscles. He's very pale, as despite living on an island paradise, he spends most of his time indoors. Joey has red hair that is almost always performing some ridiculous gravity defying stunt, held in place by a decent handful of hair product. His dark green eyes are the thing he likes most about himself, he feels the draw attention away from the freckles on his nose and cheeks.

Favouring comfort over fashion, Joey doesn't own that many clothes. He prefers shorts to any kind of pants; his favourites are a black extend just past his knees, with multiple pockets throughout. He is usually seen with a light blue polo shirt on too - he likes to wear the collar up as it makes him feel like a slightly 'cool' lab assistant; and because it annoys his grandpa. When it gets cold and he doesn't have his lab coat on, he wears his only blue hooded jumper - due to the heat on the island, he almost never gets to wear it.

• Personality: (I require at least 2 paragraphs)
Joey is a very strong minded person, when it comes to the crunch. However, his desires have been repressed for most of his life because of his grandfather's stubbornness. Due to the stubborn nature of both parties, Joey and his grandfather have what you'd call a 'professional relationship' - there's no love lost between the two.

With little knowledge of the outside world, Joey can be a little naive at times. He's very quick to trust people, and fiercely loyal; though sometimes he has been hurt because of his nature. He has a strong eye for detail, and an awe of the natural environment that cannot be underestimated.

There is a determination about him that is quick unexpected. If Joey wants to set his mind to a specific task, there is nothing that can stop him accomplishing it. It's why he has developed such good knowledge of Pokemon fossils at his relatively young age.

• History: (I require at least 2 paragraphs)
Raised by his grandfather on Cinnabar Island, Joey has never travelled to any other part of the Pokemon world. He doesn't know what happened to his parents. His earliest memories are of his grandfather. As far as he knows, he's an only child.

The only assistant in the fossil restoration laboratory his grandfather owns, when Joey came of age, his grandfather prevented him from getting his own Pokemon. In the years since, he's had to sit by and watch trainers pass through the island, witness their smug expressions when they beat Blaine, the island's gym leader and sometimes, he's even had to restore their fossils for them!

As a result of his work in the lab, Joey does have extensive knowledge of all Pokemon that can be resurrected from fossils. However, he doesn't know very much at all about the world outside of Cinnabar Island. His grandfather isn't really fussed what he knows, so long as he is a first class Pokemon fossil restorer.

• Extra Information:
Don't really know what else to put here. I'm a first timer, so please let me know if there's anything I need to add! I hope it's all pretty clear, though.

-I'm rolling with the idea of Joey running away from home to join this 'mission'. I'll edit that little storyline into my 'role-play sample' below, just to let you know. If I get accepted, I guess I could then move that to the IC thread, too.

I think that's all I've got to say!

• Role-Play Sample: (optional)

Nam

Years
I'd like to reserve the last spot. xP

Have you guys already begun?

Edit: Nvm, I did the SU already. xP

• Name: John Woods

• Nickname: Wood

• Place of Birth: Celadon City

• Appearance:
aasdd.png

• Personality: If you asked John, he couldn't really tell you what he's like. Since he has lived his entire life under the roof of his parents, everything had always been ordinary and he had no need to really develop some kind of personality. If you're his friend, he'll try to make you laugh. He's always trying to be happy and absolutely nothing seems to make him angry, -ever. Perhaps, in his boring life, John has grown to understand something nobody else does.

• History: Living in Celadon City, John would always spend his time in the game corner. There wasn't really much to do and he couldn't imagine a life any different. The young man would always just breeze through the day, waiting for something to happen and change his boring life for one of adventure and adrenaline. John didn't have any experience with pokemon, but he always liked watching the trainers battle when they passed by the big city to challenge the Gym Leader. He dreamt that one day he'd be able to join those trainers and become the very best.

John always wondered how they pulled it off. There were pokemon trainers spread everywhere like the plague, yet nobody truly knew how to actually become one. It seems you just had to be lucky –it was just like the celebrities on TV; how did they get where they are? It was like the whole world had a secret and John was the only one who didn't know. So the young boy simply wasted his life in the game corner, playing the slots until one day he'd get lucky and hit the jack pot of life.

• Extra Information:…

• Role-Play Sample:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

francoisdillinger

Trainer of Sorts
Years
Is there any more space? Just for me? :D

Name: Reece Morris
Nickname: (Rex)
Place of Birth: Lavender Town
Appearance: Rex is about 6ft tall, has short brown hair and is of an athletic build. He wears a leather jacket all the time, along with his worn jeans, and sneakers. The top of his left ear has a ring in it, and he has a slight stubble.

He Is sometimes seen wearing his workout clothes (Tracksuit/t-shirt), but prefers a more casual look. There is almost always a cigarette behind his right ear. He has mysterious brown eyes, and looks untrusting of anyone.

Personality: Rex works out twice a day, not to show off, just for personal comfort. He has a tribal tattoo down his left arm, and an unknown insignia on his right. He acts and says he doesnt care about pokemon and adventures, but dreams of nothing else.

It takes a lot to gain his trust, but when he trusts someone, he will do practically anything to protect them. He is extremely loyal, and will keep his word if he gives it. His favourite pokemon is Kadabra.
History: Rex grew up with his mother and step-father in Lavender town. He was constantly beaten as a child by them for no reason. The friends he trusted with his secrets forgot about him when girls were involved, and eventually forgot him altogether.

He got kicked out as his 16th birthday present, when a passer-by saw him and offered him a home in pallet town. The old man passed suffered a fatal heart attack 12 months later, and left everything to Rex. He vowed to make him proud, in any way he could...

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
Years
I apologize to you all again. I want to express to everyone how sorry I am for being a not so good GM. My life has been very busy -- but really, that should be no excuse. I created this RP with an intent to see it go far and yet I am not making the effort to try and keep it afloat. It happened this way the first time I tried to start up this RP. This was an attempt to try again, and I am failing.

I don't want to give up on it, but I must express this to you guys: if I cannot make ends meet in the real world I cannot be a GM to this, or any, RP for the time being. It's a lot of work. I will try though. It might be another week before I can get this boat back in working order. Again, I am sorry guys. D:

IF YOU WANT, you can post in the IC getting to know the other trainers a little, or your Pokémon. Say that perhaps Seven isn't impressed and perhaps wants to see another battle. This can give you guys something to do while I get this stuff sorted out!

Back