• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Pokemon religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine~Deoxys

I understand. They did it just to prove they can.
    Also, they might put an event in it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2009
    I would assume it would be more of a shrine to all legendary who protect or serve the human race in the game. i.e Mew, Celebi

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    I think it's not just to Arceus but also commenorates the Lake trio (Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie), and also the Dragon trio (Palkia, Dialga, Giratina).
    Sinnoh legends revolve around those Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    Maybe not a religion, but they do honor those pokemon out of respect and possibly fear.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    I liked the building, its sort of relaxing and calm. I believe it was a place where the people in the game could go and pray and show respect for the departed.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    It seems kind of dark that Pokemon actually die in a children's game.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Maybe not a religion, but they do honor those pokemon out of respect and possibly fear.

I strongly agree--though since there isn't much information about the place, it could be for both religions and honoring.
    I think it's not just to Arceus but also commenorates the Lake trio (Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie), and also the Dragon trio (Palkia, Dialga, Giratina).
    Sinnoh legends revolve around those Pokemon.
    I would assume it would be more of a shrine to all legendary who protect or serve the human race in the game. i.e Mew, Celebi
    As I've said in the previous quote, since there's not much information about it, it could be a place to praise all 493 pokémon. Though this could be more of an opinion of mine too, as there isn't much information provided in the place. Perhaps if the 'priest' could tell you more information on what they do there, it'd be nice.

It seems kind of dark that Pokemon actually die in a children's game.
    It does kind of seem cold-ish for something to happen in a children's game, but at least they don't let your pokémon die and show how it happens. That would make the game a lot more darkish in my opinion.

Divine~Deoxys

I thought it was a mosque. I was like, "OH MY GOD.I can't believe our government's so weak some protestors have forced them to beg nintendo to put a mosque in a pokemon game"

(I'm from England, our government is pathetic.minorities always win.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm predicting since a majority of people know churches looks differently, they would think the building is for some other purpose. Though I would believe once you go inside, seeing as how the benches and all look church-like, they would start to think it's a place to praise your pokémon and whatnot. Another thing is that once you talk to the guy up front, you'd get the idea that it is a church place.

I most certainly think that they should have put some kind of event in there. Perhaps before beating the Elite Four and you have now reached Hearthome City, they could make an event where Team Galactic tries to make some big-time research of Dialga and Palkia there and they make a big mess of the place. It could have some twists, but this is just an idea of mine on what could happen as an event there.

Although I guess the building there was not meant to have any purpose as Nintendo didn't pay attention to having an event there, but either way, it's alright with me. There's many other features in the DPPt games and I'm happy with that.

Confuse

the points never matter
    Years
    The church could be just a place to say goodbye to departed Pokemon, like Pokemon Tower without the tombstones.

It looks to be there for decoration, as nothing important happens in it. Seems like everything else is in the games.

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    I always assumed it was a church. Also, consider that the people there may not even know it's Arceus they're worshiping-- After all, I don't see 1000 arms on Arceus.

Anyways, it's interesting how the outside looks like a mosque, but the inside is sparsely decorated (except for the stained glass).

Well, I find it perfectly reasonable for there to be religion in Pokemon, it's just a kind of background detail that fleshes out the world that much more.

Also, the first time I went in, I thought my sound was broken until I paused XD

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Yes an event would have been interesting. Especially an Arceus event you could see the worshippers awe at the appearance of their deity.

Leader Soulja Boy

Batesville Gym Leader
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 16, 2011
    There doesn't really seem to be a preist in this so-called church.
    The people there do talk all mystical and stuff however.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I've seen this thread around before, and it resulted in just a flurry of ideas. It's a really confusing building, it's a wonder Nintendo a little more specific on what it is. They always get fans that angrily complain about their flaws like that. Like the statue in the Old Chateau and that manor where the Trophy Garden is. Maybe it's some kind of cameo?

Or for more hardcore religious/pokémon players, they go there every Sunday to do some prayin' to god/arceus.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    maybe it's a conspiracy......but c'mon you could walk in their (hypothetically) and they tell you "we worship Arceus (or any other legend)" and they you can just say, "oh, this dude?" and hold a Pokeball with their god inside...it'd be sorta funny. o.o
    Lol, this would be weird.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I've seen this thread around before, and it resulted in just a flurry of ideas. It's a really confusing building, it's a wonder Nintendo a little more specific on what it is. They always get fans that angrily complain about their flaws like that. Like the statue in the Old Chateau and that manor where the Trophy Garden is. Maybe it's some kind of cameo?
    Or for more hardcore religious/pokémon players, they go there every Sunday to do some prayin' to god/arceus.

I'm predicting not all things have to be revealed in the games. In my opinion it would be best to leave mysteries in one version and reveal the mystery in another. The church makes you ponder and same with the Trophy Garden yes, but at least it gives you something to imaginate about. If all things were noticeable in DPPt, it wouldn't be that much fun in my opinion.

What I'm pretty happy about is the fact that the church is a nice sight-seeing place; the outside and inside is pretty fascinating. Though I agree, it can leave you a lot of thoughts and imaganation in your mind, which I don't mind at all.

TrainerJen

i love food :D :) :) :)
    Years
    That place was creepy today was my first time going there and i got creeped out.
    There were no music only no sound.
    I think they are but im noot so sure :/

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
    Years
    Sparkling Dragon's theory (which I agree with) is that they worship pokemon.
    This has been said before my post here,
    What makes our theory slightly different is that it allows room for cults that worship other things. For example, the Cult of Avos, which SD came up with.
    His fic sorta semi-stars them...
    I hope that this is the right place to put this...

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    I believe that they are worshiping the Legendary Pokemon,or Pokemon that protect,battle,and or other things they do with Pokemon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back