• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A RomHack/Fan Game Idea I have held onto for a while.

AuraSentai

A Hopeful Pokemon FanGame/Rom hack director somed
Days
  • It's a two-part type of deal. It does have a working title Blinding Dawn and Ending Dusk. It has a story I will type out to work from that has ideas for gym leaders, elite 4, a region idea*, a two evil team dynamic, Megas, maybe the addition of Terastilizing because I don't like Dynamax/ Gigantimaxing(Just a personal thing), and a two champions within one game thing. Well, the things I lack are artistic talent and cockiness that causes so many headaches that I get to the point I can't fix my mistakes if you want to look at this thread and are piqued I will give you what I'd love to do specifically.
    *Except for a region shape because I want to have my region based on the southern US. I know stupid but an artist could help

Days
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Well, I like your words.

I don't know how much you've got other than just an idea, but holy chickens. Can I help you with something specific.

Hello there, my toolkit is a that I'm a college graduate from Louisiana Tech University (i'm telling you this to show where exactly my background is) -- I was a double-major in English and History for 3 1/2 years before I realized I couldn't do one of the requirements to graduate. Graduated in 2022 in Interdisciplinary Studies. Still looking for a job that fits my lifestyle (which is hard in Louisiana), currently living with my parents until I get back on my feet. I'm a writer by trade, it's all I know how to do. Born with a pen in my hand, you know the deal.

I'd wanna workshop with you, though some passing recommendations stylistically I will offer you from what I already see potential --

- character creation that involves traditionally southerner's clothing (lighter clothing for hot weather with creole or Cajun influences)
    - a Poke-city that is essentially New Orleans in architecture and overall vibes
    - Potential for a Voodoo or witchy sub-plot attached to the New Orleans
    - toggle for a "Big Easy" play-through where it's made into a cozier, relaxing game for the player
    - two champions within one game? Oh h3ll yeah, that should maybe look like a double-battle centered gameplay throughout this potential game
    - A party, Mardi Gras Ball and Parade sub-plot. Could lead into a mechanic for the player having Pokemon Contests in the game.
    - Lemme just suggest, especially if you are basing it the Southern US, a new idea for a working title: Cloudy Dawn and Hazy Dusk

AuraSentai

A Hopeful Pokemon FanGame/Rom hack director somed
    Days
  • I wanted New Orleans to be a location to visit along with other southern US stops
    Bowling Green(Home town/gate to a battle frontier area based on Louisville
    Savannah/Atlanta Georgia
    Birmingham Fire gym because of forges/Pittsburgh of the south
    Orlando/Talahasee Florida
    A gym town near the Missippi River with an obvious water gym
    A post-game grind Area based on the Smokey Mountains area which includes A character based on Dolly Parton
    Starting Town based on Little Rock with a Flying gym for fun
    Nashville Hosting the Elite 4
    I like your simplification too.

Back